Mr. Green Gaming

Cleaning spawn

Mathijs1996

Enderpearls ruined faction base building. I remember the time you could just make a decent water wall and it'd be solid against creeper and TNT attacks. Now you have to make ugly looking watercubes in order to build something safe on the surface.

You can easily raise your tnt cannon of the ground to shoot over the wall ...

Waterwalls never were enough to protect yourself

would be cool if TNT could blow up waterwalls or something

Actually there's already a setting for that.

New setting "handleExploitTNTWaterlog" (default false/disabled) which, if enabled, will cause TNT which explodes in liquid to actually destroy a single adjacent block in all 6 directions. This will only apply to blocks which can be destroyed by TNT normally, specifically anything other than air, bedrock, water, lava, obsidian, and enchanting tables. The destruction of these blocks will be handled as if they had been mined, dropping the appropriate item. TNT in water/lava doesn't normally destroy any surrounding blocks, which is usually desired behavior. That's the reason this setting is disabled by default. However, it is available because it provides a method to get through waterwalls with enough persistence, and it makes cheap (non-obsidian) TNT cannons require minor maintenance between shots.

It's just disabled at the moment.

I'm thinking the following things:

* Re-enable creeper destruction when other faction is offline.

* Enable the TNT waterlog setting.

* Re-purpose enderpearls. 

This way assaulting bases will be a bit more interesting again.

would be cool if TNT could blow up waterwalls or something

Actually there's already a setting for that.

New setting "handleExploitTNTWaterlog" (default false/disabled) which, if enabled, will cause TNT which explodes in liquid to actually destroy a single adjacent block in all 6 directions. This will only apply to blocks which can be destroyed by TNT normally, specifically anything other than air, bedrock, water, lava, obsidian, and enchanting tables. The destruction of these blocks will be handled as if they had been mined, dropping the appropriate item. TNT in water/lava doesn't normally destroy any surrounding blocks, which is usually desired behavior. That's the reason this setting is disabled by default. However, it is available because it provides a method to get through waterwalls with enough persistence, and it makes cheap (non-obsidian) TNT cannons require minor maintenance between shots.

It's just disabled at the moment.

I'm thinking the following things:

* Re-enable creeper destruction when other faction is offline.

* Enable the TNT waterlog setting.

* Re-purpose enderpearls. 

This way assaulting bases will be a bit more interesting again.

This is going to end in tears ..

I agree, It's unfair for those who can't be on 24/7 to protect their base, I remember being frustrated with the server once when I left to go to bed for the night and woke up with creeper holes all over my base. Enabling creeper explosions in Faction bases will just encourage people to leave.

Enderpearls ruined faction base building. I remember the time you could just make a decent water wall and it'd be solid against creeper and TNT attacks. Now you have to make ugly looking watercubes in order to build something safe on the surface.

There's an easy way to tnt through any water defense in vanilla mine craft. Only a few know about it on the server, including myself. Don't enable tnting through water (without the method).... or creeper explosions