Mr. Green Gaming

Idea's for a pvp arena

xDerpina

I still dont like adding arenas and all. Pvp was awesome before. Without arenas and shit. It was what made left 4 green unique. The 2 way teleporters around the map was perfect to get to spawn, and made you have to go out of your base to do so. if we add a /spawn command people will be even more safe and i personally hate spawn pvp. The Restriction of pearls is still stupid, so is the public end. ( i know i keep bringing this up ) But we need changes that make ppl go out of there bases. And asvell make them raidable. Maybe make netherwart only grow in the nether? And i would also suggest blocking the fucking enderchest. since it is retarded and make factions no fun at all. This totally is the wrong topic for this shit iguess. But the point of this comment is that if we go back as it was before, i dont think a pvp arena is neccesary at all.

1 more thing.

THE MAP IS TOO DAMN BIG.

Jimmy%20McMillan.JPG

I don't really like the arena idea, If the use of arenas is optional theres not so much of a problem, but if PVP ends up being forced to /have/ to take place in arenas, then it's most certainly the worst thing to come to the server.

Though I see the latter being unlikely.

2rcsj1x.jpg

That is the chance that all these possible changes will improve anything. If people don't play minecraft pvp anymore it's because it's gotten boring, I highly doubt it'll turn out being fun no matter how many "improvements" you might do

MC sucks for pvp after all...

Edited by Quert
[img=http://i46.tinypic.com/2rcsj1x.jpg]

Not at all. There's minecraft factions servers out there with hundreds of people on right now. Like someone said in a previous post; minecraft is not the issue; people are still playing minecraft.

That is the chance that all these possible changes will improve anything. If people don't play minecraft pvp anymore it's because it's gotten boring, I highly doubt it'll turn out being fun no matter how many "improvements" you might do

MC sucks for pvp after all...

Not at all. There's minecraft factions servers out there with hundreds of people on right now. Like someone said in a previous post; minecraft is not the issue; people are still playing minecr Edited by Kodauer

In any case, PVP needs to happen for this server to survive, and it's not gonna appear on its own. There needs to be some kind of change to the server. There needs to be some way to be able to fight people when they just hide in their base. In 1.2.5, it was ender pearl glitching. On some other servers, it's a plugin to break obsidian with TNT. Or on some it might be to give more TNT from shops or something. At the moment, it's just really hard to find any good fights.

It's not a problem with the game, it's with the server. As Kodauer said, there are plenty of factions servers out there packed with people

What do you guys think an arena would bring to the server? 

Before, if someone trash talked, wanted to fight, insulted your saint of a mother or pretty much any reason you could muster, you'd make haste to their base and use everything at your disposal to get in and spawn kill them to obliteration. Nowadays it seems people just exchange U HACK from their water lined obsidian cubes and complain there's a lack of PvP to the game. 

I just see an arena as a way to gain a little equipment and bragging rights. Which is a watered down version of gaining a lot of equipment and gaining someone's metaphorical scalp from a base bust-up. 

I think there could be better ways to improve, or encourage raiding. Lowering water and obsidian's TNT resistance to just below threshold might make a difference. That way no one is really automatically safe, and your options are either fight or log and pray they don't get in during your TNT cool down timer. 

Or, just take it upon yourselves to build less than impenetrable bases. If you really are the PvP Gods you think you are, you should be able to rock a mudhut and still defend it against any would be barbarians. Getting raided is fun, and if you're good enough you'll get delivered gear right on your doorstep. Protect your good stuff in a sealed off room, leave the major parts of your base tntable, and see what happens. I guarantee you it'll at least be more interesting than sitting in your obsidicube and wondering where the fun went. 

All this said, I've resorted to hiding chat most of the time I've been playing recently to avoid the spawn kills I see going on, so something must be working?

Edited by awesomeo_5000

The only time that I think a PvP arena would be any good would be at a competition. We have no need to have them scattered around the map when it's meant to be faction wars. Faction wars is meant to what it says, factions having wars with each other. But coming back to the competition idea I don't think that you should have high end equipment like in the video. I think it should be a full set of iron armour and a diamond sword with a bit of food. I don't know what you think but to me this is a good idea

What do you guys think an arena would bring to the server? 

Before, if someone trash talked, wanted to fight, insulted your saint of a mother or pretty much any reason you could muster, you'd make haste to their base and use everything at your disposal to get in and spawn kill them to obliteration. Nowadays it seems people just exchange U HACK from their water lined obsidian cubes and complain there's a lack of PvP to the game. 

I just see an arena as a way to gain a little equipment and bragging rights. Which is a watered down version of gaining a lot of equipment and gaining someone's metaphorical scalp from a base bust-up. 

I think there could be better ways to improve, or encourage raiding. Lowering water and obsidian's TNT resistance to just below threshold might make a difference. That way no one is really automatically safe, and your options are either fight or log and pray they don't get in during your TNT cool down timer. 

Or, just take it upon yourselves to build less than impenetrable bases. If you really are the PvP Gods you think you are, you should be able to rock a mudhut and still defend it against any would be barbarians. Getting raided is fun, and if you're good enough you'll get delivered gear right on your doorstep. Protect your good stuff in a sealed off room, leave the major parts of your base tntable, and see what happens. I guarantee you it'll at least be more interesting than sitting in your obsidicube and wondering where the fun went. 

All this said, I've resorted to hiding chat most of the time I've been playing recently to avoid the spawn kills I see going on, so something must be working?

In fact, our faction is just a cave under the ground. If anyone really tried hard at all they could TNT all our stuff easily. We don't even have much obsidian or water protection. Very raidable. Yet I have never fought a person on our land so far :(

Edited by RedGander