Mr. Green Gaming

why no one plays this server.

Haven't played MC faction wars in long time, but I still think this is something server owners can't force with rules or anything. People have their own private groups, and trusting outsiders is always risky. You can't force people to be "nice" to others, and expect it to work.

Edited by MiF

I quickly learned one thing when most of my IRL friends stopped playing Minecraft - Faction Wars is no fun alone.

The solo people that tend to do well are the guys that just get on with it. I think it's unreasonable to expect someone that's put a lot of hours into building up their base and inventory to accept someone new to the server that could easily ruin everything. 

You had it right to begin with, just do your own thing for a while. Build a base, talk in chat, try trading so people get to know your name and see your l33t base building skills and eventually someone worthwhile will invite you. If that never happens you still have a base and hopefully some faction members that have proven to be reliable and you won't need any invites.

Oh and next time go inventory-less. It's a scrub tactic but you can't beat free gear delivered right to your doorstep. 

Also, on the subject of one man factions. Why not eh? We have power decay for any would be litterers. 

Edited by awesomeo_5000
A better option would to let people make their own faction with only one person...  I have seen multiple people log on and leave because they can't make their faction and have no one to invite them.

We have suggested this so many times. lol

What awesomeo said is very true as well.

Edited by kittycool321
I quickly learned one thing when most of my IRL friends stopped playing Minecraft - Faction Wars is no fun alone.

The solo people that tend to do well are the guys that just get on with it. I think it's unreasonable to expect someone that's put a lot of hours into building up their base and inventory to accept someone new to the server that could easily ruin everything. 

You had it right to begin with, just do your own thing for a while. Build a base, talk in chat, try trading so people get to know your name and see your l33t base building skills and eventually someone worthwhile will invite you. If that never happens you still have a base and hopefully some faction members that have proven to be reliable and you won't need any invites.

Oh and next time go inventory-less. It's a scrub tactic but you can't beat free gear delivered right to your doorstep. 

Also, on the subject of one man factions. Why not eh? We have power decay for any would be litterers. 

i guess i will try this, thanks awesomeo_5000.

I'll allow one man factions again soon, but I'll also try to counter-act claim littering in some way. Probably by making the inactivity limit even shorter, so people get kicked out of the Factions data if they've been offline for over a week.

A week?

A week is kinda too short IMO. Make it at least 2 weeks, 1 week is like.. you get out because you need to prepare for exams, but when you come back none of your mates is online on MC and can't accept you into the faction. Especially if there are like a few mods in the faction that could help the dude get back in.

I'll allow one man factions again soon, but I'll also try to counter-act claim littering in some way. Probably by making the inactivity limit even shorter, so people get kicked out of the Factions data if they've been offline for over a week.

A week?

A week is kinda too short IMO. Make it at least 2 weeks, 1 week is like.. you get out because you need to prepare for exams, but when you come back none of your mates is online on MC and can't accept you into the faction. Especially if there are like a few mods in the faction that could help the dude get back in.

I think two weeks is what it already is lol.

Awesomeo's suggestion sounds good.

Is there any way to configure it so single man factions have a faster power decay than 3+ man factions? If not it may be worth requesting it on their GitHub, seems it would be useful for a lot of servers.

I think I'll try this, since it seems Factions does pass some events around: as a solo player you won't be able to claim more than 1 chunk, enough for a mudhut. For 2 players, it's 4 chunks. From 3 players and up, it's to full extend of your faction power.

Then how about this.. Some random kid randomly gets 64 diamonds. He starts a faction and he claims 1 land and puts the dia's in his chest wich is protected by his claimed land. 2 days later he goes on vacation for 2 weeks. Comes home, logg in and POOF dia got taken by other noobs

Also this. You'd need to make a restriction in this case. Faction leaders (and mods? it could get abused though) shouldn't get kicked out of a faction.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Is there any way to configure it so single man factions have a faster power decay than 3+ man factions? If not it may be worth requesting it on their GitHub, seems it would be useful for a lot of servers.

I think I'll try this, since it seems Factions does pass some events around: as a solo player you won't be able to claim more than 1 chunk, enough for a mudhut. For 2 players, it's 4 chunks. From 3 players and up, it's to full extend of your faction power.

Ok so I went ahead and implemented this within an hour ^

https://github.com/Clavus/FactionsClaimLimiter

It's already running on the server. Factions' minimum member limit has been lifted, you can now claim 1 chunk as solo player, and 4 chunks with 2 players. With more players it acts like normal.