Mr. Green Gaming

Server Is Dying, So Close To Dead...

bbgun18

Personally, I think everything's in place for the server to recover. Clavus' Ender pearl plugin is ingenious, and certainly has added more fights to the game. It was, however, added a bit late into the map. I'm sure once the map restarts we'll have a strong player base again. We even have an active admin, which is great.

All in all, its only a matter of time.

The new plugin helps, but the fact is that we still need more changes, especially with the GC shop and the voting system.

Currently, no one votes, and nothing is being done to ameliorate that situation. The server is just losing players and not gaining any.

Edited by RedGander
why do we need changes in in the voting system?

Headcrusher I thought this was glaringly obvious but ok. Almost no one votes right now because they have to vote on five different sites, all for very low rewards, and they have to find the voting links on the forum page instead of being able to do a command in game to be able to click links.

Maybe if we can advertise different ways besides voting sites

Such as,

1.Facebook Site or group we tell our fb friends

2.For the people in school we can tell our friends if they play minecraft

3.Try making accounts to different sites such as Twitter,Myspace etc.

Also,

Try not to make the server have a bad look,like when people log on offer them a spot in your faction.

Hope these ideas are helpful.

Good Luck,

Flow

well i could make a peacefull faction next map and invite everyone that wants to join. :P

(just an idea, and i have already the peacefull perk.)

ps. redgander its good that its a low reward for voting cuzz what else can you give? if you give more gc nobody will donate for it, and if you give them in game stuff like diamonds than its not venilla.

Edited by headcrusherxd

There's this plug in that would be helpful for ease of voting. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/votenow/

Users can type /vote which brings up a list of websites that they can click.

There's a famous mod called Enjin (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/emp/) that has 'dynamic vote detection', and personally messages players  with the appropriate link if they are eligible to vote on that particular site but haven't. The plug in is much more than that though and not really appropriate for our set up, but if there was a plug in that just provided the vote detection (or an easy way to code it) that'd be ideal. 

well i could make a peacefull faction next map and invite everyone that wants to join. :P

ps. redgander its good that its a low reward for voting cuzz what else can you give? if you give more gc nobody will donate for it, and if you give them in game stuff like diamonds than its not venilla.

I play on this other server with Red where you get like 4 diamonds/day for voting. Its purely vanilla, tbh, and I haven't seen any inbalances in play. May I mention that server consistently has 100+ people on it, From voting.

I've kept myself out of these kind of discussions for a while since I understand that it's very difficult for Clavus to actually install and keep them all updated with each new minecraft update. May I inform you that even an almost vanilla server like we have runs about 50 plugins ? We can all agree that it's a pain in the arse for the server owner to keep them ALL updated + REdownload all the patches for new minecraft updates. But yes, I do think we need a better voting system and the green coins shop could be improved

Here're my suggestions:

-Voting on all 4 or 5 different links will get you a total of 60 gc + 3 diamonds and a piece of bread or something in game.

-Add additional stuff on which you can spend your green coins (These can be suggested in a thread or topic and maybe the server admins will message the decent ones to Clavus once in a while, in the end Clavus will decide which ones he wants on the server and he doesn't need to read all these threads which are mostly a waste of time for a busy man like him)

Edited by Mathijs1996

I play on this other server with Red where you get like 4 diamonds/day for voting. Its purely vanilla, tbh, and I haven't seen any inbalances in play. May I mention that server consistently has 100+ people on it, From voting.

hmmm.. good

Idk, I don't think altering the game is necessary, although I understand that new players have a large disadvantage. We might be able to consider a pvp timer for brand new players that only goes into effect after the map has developed, because at the beginning everyone is more or less equal. 

I've kept myself out of these kind of discussions for a while since I understand that it's very difficult for Clavus to actually install and keep them all updated with each new minecraft update. May I inform you that even an almost vanilla server like we have runs about 50 plugins ? We can all agree that it's a pain in the arse for the server owner to keep them ALL updated + REdownload all the patches for new minecraft updates. But yes, I do think we need a better voting system and the green coins shop could be improved

Here're my suggestions:

-Voting on all 4 or 5 different links will get you a total of 60 gc + 3 diamonds and a piece of bread or something in game.

-Add additional stuff on which you can spend your green coins (These can be suggested in a thread or topic and maybe the server admins will message the decent ones to Clavus once in a while, in the end Clavus will decide which ones he wants on the server and he doesn't need to read all these threads which are mostly a waste of time for a busy man like him)

tnt and low level enchant books might work if you didnt want to add diamonds so that it addds a bit of spice back into raiding and people might stop complaining about people with maxed enchants.

I don't see how you guys enjoy Protection IV fights. I think ultimately that's what put me off Minecraft PvP. All tactics and teamwork went out the window only to be replaced by 10 minutes of left clicking and potion spamming. 

So true....  though enchanting does add something to do when there is no one to raid :/