Mr. Green Gaming

Poll: Would you want Protection IV to be removed?

awesomeo_5000

Would you want Protection IV to be removed?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Protection IV to be removed?

• Yes
    • No

Seems it's possible to put a custom limit on the enchantment level, already found a plugin for it.

Let's try this next map:

Max (normal / fire / projectile) protection lvl: 2

Max sharpness lvl: 4

Max bow power lvl: 3

After checking the values on the Minecraft wiki, this seems reasonable. It evens out the PvP playing field but still allows some upgrading.

I'll also looking at nerfing the instant damage potion to compensate somewhat.

Seems it's possible to put a custom limit on the enchantment level, already found a plugin for it.

Let's try this next map:

After checking the values on the Minecraft wiki, this seems reasonable. It evens out the PvP playing field but still allows some upgrading.

U got the link?

Let's try this next map:

I know what he said I was talking about the guys saying what they want removed.

YES but also get rid of prot III. A full suit of prot III gives just as much protection as protection IV.

Also to balance it, Sharp Iv and Sharp V would need to be removed as well.

completely agree with this.

one other thing here tho is that i dont see a need to nerf fire, proj and blast prots as they do little to reduce main combat damage so it doesnt matter if someone wants to spend their time enchanting to avoid being creepered.

edit: seeming that enchants wont be overly powerful perhaps the public end could be removed?

Edited by jellyfish999111

While the server seems to be in the "time to change things so that players actually like it" mode, I think that most of us would appreciate a timed teleport for /f home. It's stupid when someone's getting raided, and they instantly f home  when they get low on health. Some people that I've seen even have macros to just push a button to go home while hitting me at the same time, not even having to type the command.

I know a long teleport time is boring, but even a short three second teleport would make pvp a lot more interesting.

While the server seems to be in the "time to change things so that players actually like it" mode, I think that most of us would appreciate a timed teleport for /f home. It's stupid when someone's getting raided, and they instantly f home  when they get low on health. Some people that I've seen even have macros to just push a button to go home while hitting me at the same time, not even having to type the command.

I know a long teleport time is boring, but even a short three second teleport would make pvp a lot more interesting.

Exactly.  This server encourages pvp, but an instant /f home command gives instant relief from attacks.  The "enemy too close" might also need to be lowered because people would have a timer on their teleport.

It's kindea make the shit boring... But I agree thene.

Why don't you just remove enchanting? 

There are other enchants such as Efficiency, Fortune, and Looting which are quite helpful that do not even help in PVP.

Also, PVP enchants make it a bit fun, as long as they aren't too overpowered.

oke, then remove PVP enchants

removing pvp enchants would make potions overpowered.

Let's see how the enchanting limitations work out first, we can always adjust them if things need adding or removing. 

I've looked into the /f home issue before, it is indeed infuriating when people abuse it. Last I checked there wasn't anything we could do. Would be cool if you could prevent f homing on your own land if an enemy is close by, not the same radius but enough to prevent them from disappearing in battle.