Mr. Green Gaming

Poll: Would you want Protection IV to be removed?

awesomeo_5000

Would you want Protection IV to be removed?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Protection IV to be removed?

• Yes
    • No

YES but also get rid of prot III. A full suit of prot III gives just as much protection as protection IV.

Also to balance it, Sharp Iv and Sharp V would need to be removed as well.

Think about it, we are trying to make the fights not so long so keeping Sharp IV and Sharp V would be good.

Seems it's possible to put a custom limit on the enchantment level, already found a plugin for it.

Let's try this next map:

Max (normal / fire / projectile) protection lvl: 2

Max sharpness lvl: 4

Max bow power lvl: 3

After checking the values on the Minecraft wiki, this seems reasonable. It evens out the PvP playing field but still allows some upgrading.

I'll also looking at nerfing the instant damage potion to compensate somewhat.

Seems it's possible to put a custom limit on the enchantment level, already found a plugin for it.

Let's try this next map:

After checking the values on the Minecraft wiki, this seems reasonable. It evens out the PvP playing field but still allows some upgrading.

Thank goodness :D Looking forward to the change.

Server is fine just the way it is.
*Facepalm*
Seems it's possible to put a custom limit on the enchantment level, already found a plugin for it.Let's try this next map:Max (normal / fire / projectile) protection lvl: 2Max sharpness lvl: 4Max bow power lvl: 3After checking the values on the Minecraft wiki, this seems reasonable. It evens out the PvP playing field but still allows some upgrading.I'll also looking at nerfing the instant damage potion to compensate somewhat.
Great idea :DToo lazy to look it up but I hope sharp 4 won't kill pro 2 too fast.

Let's try this next map: When will this be ?

NO

This is a great idea if you ask me. the best part of the no brewing or enchanting placing maps was that the enchant lvls where low. But Since were already talking bout removing things, i know its never good to remove too much, but i would love to see that damn invisibility potion go to hell.

-

Nerfing the instant harm pots might be popular, but if you ask me they make pvp intresting. They make you not wanna rush into an enemys face, and instead attack from different sides and move around. They might seem extremely op when using them against a "noob" but if you just have them in mind when fighting they arent too much of a threat.

-
also, i would like to try a map completely without spawners and public or private enderportals. The fun part of minecraft isnt about afking a spawner, though removing the highest enchants are already reducing spawner use, which is good!

Edited by marcus6x6

The only annoying thing about spawners is the people that get super OP gear as a result, so hopefully it won't be as noticeable.

On the topic of instant damage, the only issue I could see is as someone mentioned, people using invisible potions and damage spamming an unaware player.

I did another test with Prot. II + Instant Damage;

Direct Hit 4-5 damage

1 block away - 1-2.5 damage

2 blocks 1-1.5

Based on that, it might not be as much of a problem as I first thought, because IME it is very hard when both people are in motion to hit the same block your enemy is standing on with a splash potion.

I'm pretty excited about this change :)