Mr. Green Gaming

Zombie Survival 3.0

We had a big discussion on server about zs and the best solution would be is to take newest nox base and modify it. This zs is so screwed up with all these weird bugs/glitches, fixing these bugs/glitches will probably take a lot longer than porting stuff to other base. Necrossin did it once with changing to zs 2.0 base, maybe its time for another fresh go.

I tried it when zs 3 was release. And trust me its gonna take ages to port all the mrgreen stuff to that.

Also i didnt moved zs to zs2.0. I moved zs 2 and zs 3 into current version.

And yeah current zs is not glitchy, it just new gmod update screwing it.

Edited by NECROSSIN
We had a big discussion on server about zs and the best solution would be is to take newest nox base and modify it. This zs is so screwed up with all these weird bugs/glitches, fixing these bugs/glitches will probably take a lot longer than porting stuff to other base. Necrossin did it once with changing to zs 2.0 base, maybe its time for another fresh go.

This makes no sense. Fixing bugs takes most likely less time. And actually, Deluvas is actively fixing bugs. Feel free to report anything you find.

The current state of this zs is beyond salvation from my point of view. It is filled with bugs and horrible game mechanics that only have negative effects on the mod. Fixing it would probably be very time-consuming and stressful because it's covered in code by several coders over many years and has been constantly changed and twisted. From what I see, the best option is to start from scratch and code on the 3.0 base. This base is polished with no problems and will no doubt be a far easier job for anyone. The overall quality is superior such as the zombie sweps and well balanced weapons. All that would have to be done is make it so barricading and the arsenal crate obsolete. But this is just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
zs_obj_ and ze_ map support.

The current state of this zs is beyond salvation from my point of view. It is filled with bugs and horrible game mechanics that only have negative effects on the mod. Fixing it would probably be very time-consuming and stressful because it's covered in code by several coders over many years and has been constantly changed and twisted. From what I see, the best option is to start from scratch and code on the 3.0 base. This base is polished with no problems and will no doubt be a far easier job for anyone. The overall quality is superior such as the zombie sweps and well balanced weapons. All that would have to be done is make it so barricading and the arsenal crate obsolete. But this is just my opinion.

A remake of the old ZS(class based) combined with the new zs. The new hud and the remake of the zombie system, sounds great! :D just make sure to romove the fresh dead, change the headshot to 2.0 And balance the guns. Keep the new cading aspect, but romove or make it able that you can aquip the tourch with the hammer. I wil not mind to lose my rank 66 for this, not at all i tell you!

Fucking that.

Now go on and remake ZS how it is said above.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an overview of stuff I would like to see in ZS 3.0:

Specialities

Assault

+ 0.75% more hp for every level gained

- 15% less damage with melee

Perkslot 1: Enhanced kevlar

Perkslot 2: Professional

Melee

+ 0.5% more speed for every level gained

-15% damage with bullets

Perkslot 1: Adrenaline

Perkslot 2: Vampire (Gain hp on kill)

Defense

+ 0.50% less damage taken for every level gained

- 15% speed

Perkslot 1: Kevlar 2

Perkslot 2: Medical efficiency

Support

+ 1% more tools for every level gained (100 charges > 101 charges at rank 1, 3 nails > 4 nails at rank 33)

- 20% more damage from hits

Perkslot 1: Less fall damage

Perkslot 2: Enhanced nails

Buying weapons/ammo/supplies:

Instead of being bound to a certain crate/ fixed point. Shop should be accessible everywhere you stand between waves. But to make it more fairly: Time between waves need to be shorter. You don't need to walk to a fixed point anymore.