Mr. Green Gaming

Zombie Survival: Last Stand

Ywa and me have been brainstorming about a little sub-gamemode in Zombie Survival. One that would apply to only specific maps. This sub-mode would be a mix of L4D 'Survival' mode and the original ZS.

Here's the general idea:

* Half the team starts zombie, half the team starts human

* Humans get 2 minutes to join and build barricades, then the game starts

* All zombie classes are unlocked from start of game

* Zombies move faster

* Humans spawn with full loadouts (melee, pistol, smg, assault or shotgun) and a barricade kit with some more 'ammo' than usual

* There is no time limit, game ends when all humans are dead

* Survival statistics get collected at the end of the round (when there's at least 10 players) and each map gets its own Top 5 or something

This would require maps that are aimed at defending one specific spot, instead of several spots like in most current ZS maps.

I'm not saying I will make this sub-mode, but ideas are always welcome :)

how about a like a super strong zombie spawns every 1-2 minute Maybe a tank in l4d or a zombie cyborg :lol:

But i hope there wont be chems :D

Edit: why have zombies instead we can have cyborgs! and humans will have waterguns! shoot em and they will rust! :lol:

Edited by Sneedbeard

This seems like a really cool Idea. I like the freedom that would come from no time limit & starting off with a decent amount of weapons & the barricade kit.

I agree with everyone else that the zombies should be fairly strong so that the game is equal on both teams.

I think if this Gamemode was to ever flourish, You would need very open, big maps that could allow players to take a different approach to other players decisions (such as many different areas for humans to survive). I can imagine a City 17 themed level with many different levels and places to hold being very fun.

Could Food & Water be an issue? Or is that getting a bit too close to an RP server for everyone's liking? :P

I think if this Gamemode was to ever flourish, You would need very open, big maps that could allow players to take a different approach to other players decisions (such as many different areas for humans to survive). I can imagine a City 17 themed level with many different levels and places to hold being very fun.

No, this sub-mode is based on L4D Survival, so we don't need very open and big maps but more concentrated, smaller sized maps that centers on one spot which the humans need to defend.

And best if you do that on a seperate server. I think.

Sounds good. Indeed, custom weapon models make it more realistic. But I think the zombies might be a bit over powered, if they can spawn every second.

It's a sub-gamemode, so it will be on the Zombie Survival server. And we won't add custom weapon models. It's useless and you can change them yourself.

And how the humans can win if there is no time limit ? :(

They can't. You need to survive as long as possible.

Oh no, poor humans must die?

to bad :V .

Hmm redgord. i dont think we need more melee weapons.. i think a slow and big damage (crowbar) or a fast low damage (knife) is enough, but maybe 1 more can join the ranks of melee weapons.

Maybe a middle type? faster then crowbar but slower then knife and more damage then knife and less then crowbar.

Machete maybe?

Woah, pretty much my dreams come true.

The thing that disturbs me is that half of people start as zombie.

I don't know how it could be fixed or anything, but it does sound pretty annoying thing when you are playing with lots of friends.

Also, tank type super zombie sounds good, but instead of picked randomly, it should be the person with most damage/kills done?

Contrary to what you guys seem to think; I'm not planning on adding new zombie classes or new weapons just for this sub-mode. It's only meant to be a different kind of gameplay that starts when the ZS server moves to specific maps. Just to add variety.

I love the gamemode idea although, humans should get only secondary pistols to start out so they can build up there aresenal, also zombies shouls get a chance to redeem this way it gives something for the humans and zombies to work for instead of just sitting there doing nothing.

Redgord....you son of a ***** I only made a thread about that that got completly rejected by the rest of society, but when you bring it up Everybody loves it.....Speciesism thats right i said it Speciesism You all hate the cow cause of what he is on the inside!!! :lol:

Still like the gamemode.

Redgord....you son of a ***** I only made a thread about that that got completly rejected by the rest of society, but when you bring it up Everybody loves it.....Speciesism thats right i said it Speciesism You all hate the cow cause of what he is on the inside!!! :lol:

W...

T...

F?!?!?!

W...

T...

F?!?!?!

I agree.... Cow wtf?

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like a reasonable idea but there is a big flaw...

It would be very dull playing as zombie. The only thing that keeps me playing when humans are camped in an inevitable win position in normal zs is knowing that the round will end eventually. Having a gamemode which will last until humans are dead with the zombies in zs just wouldnt work if the humans are camped well as the round could potentially last forever. The only reason it worked in l4d was because of the fast paced nature of the game and intelligent ai. The fact is, I don't think this would work if it was based on the existing gamemode of zs and it would probably require development from scratch.