Mr. Green Gaming

Toptimes and FPS in Race server

Hey guys

I notice that in all maps only a few select players are in toptimes and nowadays even if you make a perfect run, there is no way that you can make a toptime. It's like whatever you do, those 8 guys will always be 5-10 seconds faster than you. In most Race servers, toptimes are never kept forever and are deleted monthly or so. Now I'm not saying we do that monthly, I'm just saying maybe it's time for 1 reset? To make things interesting again?

Also if we were to do this, maybe we can then upgrade the FPS Limit to 50 or 60. We are in 2014 really :)

I hope to get some good feedback. Bye

Nope, i dont want to delete my toptimes, i know most of them have been beaten but that's normal, anyway i still have a lot of them, and in my opinion they shouldn't be deleted because is the work i've made all these years in mrgreen! :(

The noobs will say yes because they cant make a simple top time.

I agree with a reset, But like KaliBwoy said it sould be done after the anti cheat is worked out. Even though the .dff cheat is now in effect it's not the real problem, so if its reset right now how things are than it will still be just those hand full of guy retopping all the times.

Why delete top times it they aren't from cheaters? I don't think this makes sense. They are for reference how fast you can be.

About fps - I strongly agree.

How would you know if they arent from cheaters? The anti cheat was wide open, and flawed. So i dont get what doesn't make sense here.

If the AC was off then imo all toptimes should be reseted on both servers, I think it's reasonable, I personally don't care about toptimes but if players are troubled about getting all their toptimes deleted perhaps we could somehow save the logs for further display. Before AC and after AC if that makes any sense to you.

I really like warp´s view. Its a good solution for dedicated and pro driver. Maybe in the 3 secs of the beginning map you see the ultimate toptimes and after that the regular times. It has only advantages I think :rolleyes:

The fps limit in the race server should be set up to 55fps like the last days before!

-[sGA]DOOZYJude

Edited by isiritis

In my opinion it's a good idea to start with fresh toptimes when we're done fine-tuning the anticheat, and at the same time raise the limit to 60 FPS.

But before that happens I'd like to get the servers to be stable first and stop crashing

Edit: Forgot to say I want to keep the old tops and make them browsable, not completely delete them

I don't know that will be a good idea, if all toptimes are gonna be deleted people are gonna be mad. Look at SandySweet or [sGA]H!J@CK they topped so many maps.. And if other people that topped their tops are ginna get deleted they'll hate it so maybe they can quit mrgreen sadly :( just my opinion + it wouldnt be fun anymore.. Come on, all the tops deleted and then all the noobs playing in night time and top every map for gc..

I would say that top times who can be beaten shouldn't get a reset, and those top times who is impossible to beat.. just erase them, if it is possible to know reachable tops and unreachable tops.

Im just talking for myself, i mean i am a part of the group who plays for top places, but i indeed that some top places is impossible to beat.

If the AC was off then imo all toptimes should be reseted on both servers, I think it's reasonable, I personally don't care about toptimes but if players are troubled about getting all their toptimes deleted perhaps we could somehow save the logs for further display. Before AC and after AC if that makes any sense to you.

In my opinion it's a good idea to start with fresh toptimes when we're done fine-tuning the anticheat, and at the same time raise the limit to 60 FPS.

But before that happens I'd like to get the servers to be stable first and stop crashing

Edit: Forgot to say I want to keep the old tops and make them browsable, not completely delete them

Yes, that seems to be the middleground for most people.

I would say that top times who can be beaten shouldn't get a reset, and those top times who is impossible to beat.. just erase them, if it is possible to know reachable tops and unreachable tops.

Im just talking for myself, i mean i am a part of the group who plays for top places, but i indeed that some top places is impossible to beat.

Lol, so you can get more tops?

I don't know that will be a good idea, if all toptimes are gonna be deleted people are gonna be mad. Look at SandySweet or [sGA]H!J@CK they topped so many maps.. And if other people that topped their tops are ginna get deleted they'll hate it so maybe they can quit mrgreen sadly :( just my opinion + it wouldnt be fun anymore.. Come on, all the tops deleted and then all the noobs playing in night time and top every map for gc..

So they cant join and make the tops again or what?  :V

Edited by SkyBlue

Come on, all the tops deleted and then all the noobs playing in night time and top every map for gc..

Come on, toptime gc bonus is so miserable I wonder why is it even exists. By the way I have an idea: bonus should be proporional to number of times map has been played.

In my opinion it's a good idea to start with fresh toptimes when we're done fine-tuning the anticheat,

Agreed.

and at the same time raise the limit to 60 FPS.

But this makes cars even faster, I think. Except for boats on land.

Edited by Shortcot

Come on, all the tops deleted and then all the noobs playing in night time and top every map for gc..

Come on, toptime gc bonus is so miserable I wonder why is it even exists. By the way I have an idea: bonus should be proporional to number of times map has been played.

In my opinion it's a good idea to start with fresh toptimes when we're done fine-tuning the anticheat,

Agreed.

actually, that doesn't makes car even faster, that makes car look faster but compared to 45 fps it is slower.

actually, that doesn't makes car even faster, that makes car look faster but compared to 45 fps it is slower.

Why is it slower? It make cars slide less.

you can take 1 map for example and finish it on both 45 and 60 fps, you will see big difference in top time.

Why is it slower? It make cars slide less.

you can take 1 map for example and finish it on both 45 and 60 fps, you will see big difference in top time.

Ok, I'll do it.

P.S. But then it's possible to cheat by lowering your fps.

Edited by Shortcot

Agreed.

It does make the cars go faster.

It's the same reason that people with low FPS are slower.