Mr. Green Gaming

About new Language System [rage, butthurt]

Guest AleksCore

Guest AleksCore

First of all - this system really sucks. Script looks just like alpha version with bugs. If my main language is English, why must I bind this chat to "Y"? Why can't I simply talk by "T" and use "Y" for team chat. Btw I like to use "Y" as chat and "U" as team chat. That's all. I don't need more keys.

Where is unbindKey() function in script? I don't need this bind on my server or on others

post-2580-0-78078400-1408290441_thumb.pn

Why must I select languages twice? Once on mix and once on race.

This is just my opinion/butthurt about this.

With good wishes, AleksCore.

Edited by AleksCore

I don't like this, the chat should just be left to let people talk. Green server has been a long time neutral server no clan or group running it. I also often will copy what other people are saying in a different language and paste it in google translator to see what it is that they are saying if they are talking in "y" then i can not do this. English would be fine for the main language if them the majority of people were English speaking but that is not the case.

First of all - this system really sucks. Script looks just like alpha version with bugs. If my main language is English, why must I bind this chat to "Y"? Why can't I simply talk by "T" and use "Y" for team chat. Btw I like to use "Y" as chat and "U" as team chat. That's all. I don't need more keys.

Where is unbindKey() function in script? I don't need this bind on my server or on others

attachicon.gifmta-screen_2014-08-17_18-45-56.png

Why must I select languages twice? Once on mix and once on race.

This is just my opinion/butthurt about this.

With good wishes, AleksCore.

https://bugs.multitheftauto.com/view.php?id=8459

That's why unbindKey does not work. But you can also just adjust to using new binds, its not the end of the world.

Though i will make it unbind on player leave.

You dont have to select languages twice FYI.

If you see any other bugs, just report them and try it out instead of dismissing it before you've tried it.

this system really sucks. 

Couldn't agree more.

From what I witnessed today, every player that doesn't speaks English was using that main chat instead of the destined channel. Even though Kalibwoy kept muting them.

I preferred the team chat bind better.

I wasn't only muting them, i warned them more then 10 time each before i muted them. Nobody uses team chat and is quite unnecessary, especially in race.

Without admins enforcing this, it's not going to work.

I don't like this, the chat should just be left to let people talk. Green server has been a long time neutral server no clan or group running it. I also often will copy what other people are saying in a different language and paste it in google translator to see what it is that they are saying if they are talking in "y" then i can not do this. English would be fine for the main language if them the majority of people were English speaking but that is not the case.

You can receive up to 5 languages, i dont think there are more people talking more languages at once then 5 on this server, i see no real problem here.

And it's incorrect that the majority of the players does not speak english, you are just playing on offtime hours in europe, when everybody is still sleeping.

The problem is that people don't like chance, and need to get used to it.

Give it some time, then come back and complain if it still isnt working.

Edited by KaliBwoy

I find this script/rule extremely disturbing.

I would like to continue speaking whatever language I want via "T"

We've always had this rule. It will just be enforced now.

I've discussed it with SDK and warp before even making it. Haven't spoken to you since you're not on very often/ i dont see you very often. 

Anyway, sdk agreed to at least try it. Since it will get very annoying in the midday on mix. And instead of muting the other players ( wich happens often ), we give them another channel to talk in. 

I don't really see the bad in it, except for change, wich people in general do not like.

I'll let SDK decide if we keep it or not, since he calls the shots after all, but like i said, i suggest giving it more time for people to get used to it.

Edited by KaliBwoy

It's a matter of adaptation and improving the script according to player's issues, it's a pretty simple dummy proof script to use that everyone should respect and we(admins) should enforce it because the rule was always there, I don't see why it only applies to players that speak a language that isn't tolerable. (Arabic, Turkish etc) 

I personally like the script and I think this a step further to improve our servers that are stuck on the stone age compared to others.

Edited by warp.

You're telling me the rules? Telling me "it has always been there"? I'm sorry warp and kali but may I just ask who has been playing this game on this server longer? Me or you guys?

We never had such rule.

You might refer to "English is our primary language" rule, but that just states the obvious i.e we only offer support in english (as admins)

I will not enforce such a (new) rule. You guys can be my guests though.

You're telling me the rules? Telling me "it has always been there"? I'm sorry warp and kali but may I just ask who has been playing this game on this server longer? Me or you guys?

We never had such rule.

You might refer to "English is our primary language" rule, but that just states the obvious i.e we only offer support in english (as admins)

I did not questioned your experience in any way.

We(3 of us to my knowledge) are simply trying to solve the current issues on our servers(MIX mainly) and as you might know it's a matter of trial and error. 

Edited by warp.

We never had such rule.

Come on bin, Don't go there. Sorry to hurt your ego, but you being here earlier than us does not make our opinion any less, or yours any greater. And we can't just pick and choose whenever a rule should be enforced and when not per admin. Like i said, i've seen alot of admins muting players for talking languages they don't like.

I respect you for what you've done on the servers, but elitism is a bad thing.

You can ask SDK, i already saw this coming. So much for teamwork.

The rules says, ''our MAIN language is English'' not ''the only ALLOWED language is English'' so it doesn't forbid any other language in the global chat.

btw: I dont like the new chat system, and i think that we will lose some players, because more than the 50% are not english speakers. I'm with Hulpje, all languages in global are ok.

Edited by (O)_(O)

I'm not sure what specific rules you guys have set out for MTA but perhaps kali and warp got confused as there is/was a forum rule against it and they might have thought it applies to the MTA server too,

From what I rememeber we allowed all languages on the TF2 server, but wouldn't sort out disputes between players  if they were in a foreign language.

Also allow me to add this. GTA:SA was first released in 2005 for PC as you all know. MTA:Race came out a year later, in 2006. MTA:SA 1.0 (the actual MTA we now know) came out in 2009. BUT, although MTA has been updated almost all these years, there has always been the same playerbase. The same players who first played GTA in 2005 are the same players who played MTA:Race in 2006. Yes, the playerbase was indeed increased with the highly-acclaimed MTA 1.0. But ever since that time, it has only downgraded. What I'm getting at is we do not have new players. We will never have new players anymore in MTA. We are the same players from 2009, if not less than that.

So take this as a tip. Let's not change the gameplay anymore. Let's not change what we are used to and most importantly let's not change the rules/scripts. Because change is bad for old players. Change is only good when you're looking towards the future. But there is never going to be a higher playerbase in the future. So if the old players get annoyed by new rules/scripts, they'll leave. And there'll be no one to replace them.

So I ask for more important things to get fixed instead of trivial/annoying/useless stuff such as the language system. I ask that we all unite against shitmaps that have been ruining the gameplay. I ask all mappers to be more patient when it comes to mapping because we actually don't need to be uploading new maps at this time. We need to be deleting maps. We have over 1500 maps, if not more. Old maps must be kept of course. But we should be very careful with new maps. Only really awesome maps should be uploaded.

I ask not to have discrepancy between the FPS in Race server and the FPS in MIX server.

And finally I ask that this would not fall on deaf ears. I hope you agree with me.

Edited by BinSlayer

Also allow me to add this. GTA:SA was first released in 2005 for PC as you all know. MTA:Race came out a year later, in 2006. MTA:SA 1.0 (the actual MTA we now know) came out in 2009. BUT, although MTA has been updated almost all these years, there has always been the same playerbase. The same players who first played GTA in 2005 are the same players who played MTA:Race in 2006. Yes, the playerbase was indeed increased with the highly-acclaimed MTA 1.0. But ever since that time, it has only downgraded. What I'm getting at is we do not have new players. We will never have new players anymore in MTA. We are the same players from 2009, if not less than that.

So take this as a tip. Let's not change the gameplay anymore. Let's not change what we are used to and most importantly let's not change the rules/scripts. Because change is bad for old players. Change is only good when you're looking towards the future. But there is never going to be a higher playerbase in the future. So if the old players get annoyed by new rules/scripts, they'll leave. And there'll be no one to replace them.

So I ask for more important things to get fixed instead of trivial/annoying/useless stuff such as the language system. I ask that we all unite against shitmaps that have been ruining the gameplay. I ask all mappers to be more patient when it comes to mapping because we actually don't need to be uploading new maps at this time. We need to be deleting maps. We have over 1500 maps, if not more. Old maps must be kept of course. But we should be very careful with new maps. Only really awesome maps should be uploaded.

I ask not to have discrepancy between the FPS in Race server and the FPS in MIX server.

And finally I ask that this would not fall on deaf ears. I hope you agree with me.

this

Bin, you are totally wrong, sorry.

I wish I was son. You'll soon see it to be true. It's just what it is. MTA is not played anymore, except for veterans. I have a 10 year old cousin and I tried to show MTA to him but he dislikes it for being an old game with old graphics. Still, he would take up a new game at any time such as Battlefield 4 or COD, but not MTA. The younger generation won't join us.

Bin, you are totally wrong, sorry.

I wish I was son. You'll soon see it to be true. It's just what it is. MTA is not played anymore, except for veterans. I have a 10 year old cousin and I tried to show MTA to him but he dislikes it for being an old game with old graphics. Still, he would take up a new game at any time such as Battlefield 4 or COD, but not MTA. The younger generation won't join

ok, you convinced me, will not discuss, I like you.

I like the new chat system, it makes sense and makes the main chat more comfortable for everyone in the end. But in the end, i think BinSlayer is right. I have also experienced the change from dp2.3 to MTA 1.0 and what he says is true. There was a highly popular server in dp2.3 that lost a huge amount of players in 1.0 because of its new strict rules, "only english in the main chat" was one of them and i experienced that it pissed the players off enormously. 

As i've said, i think that the rule is nice and makes sense, but just like BinSlayer says, people are going to be annoyed by all the muting. 

Edited by FMJ.MD

I like the new chat system, it makes sense and makes the main chat more comfortable for everyone in the end. But in the end, i think BinSlayer is right. I have also experienced the change from dp2.3 to MTA 1.0 and what he says is true. There was a highly popular server in dp2.3 that lost a huge amount of players in 1.0 because of its new strict rules, "only english in the main chat" was one of them and i experienced that it pissed the players off enormously. 

As i've said, i think that the rule is nice and makes sense, but just like BinSlayer says, people are going to be annoyed by all the muting. 

FFS??

The rules says, ''our MAIN language is English'' not ''the only ALLOWED language is English'' so it doesn't forbid any other language in the global chat.

btw: I dont like the new chat system, and i think that we will lose some players, because more than the 50% are not english speakers. I'm with Hulpje, all languages in global are ok.

From what I recall the rule at some point was Dutch and English ONLY, therefor the basic method was to mute players that weren't speaking English or Dutch. And all of you, all have muted players for such rule, even after the rule being "updated". But apparently I've been misreading the entire time.

I find it quite hypocrite from you to be criticizing us, when I rarely see you guys at the sever or doing any work whatsoever and to be honest I expected more, not from the crappy feedback from the community that's expected, but at least I thought we'd get some support from our own team.

Apparently "team" is not a very common word around here.

Even though my main job isn't developing I won't bother trying or helping anyone else at it anymore, I'll just leave that to the elite and perhaps in 3 years we get some "right" improvements done.

Edited by warp.

Guys, keep it together please, no need for all this fighting.

We'll keep it disabled for now because there are still some problems with it and the rules were not clear when it was introduced.

I'm busy with school for a few weeks so it can take some time, but I'd like to keep this system regardless.