26 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Server Name be ?

• Action Packed (Fun) Zombie Survival
    • Unique and Fun Zombie Survival
    • Unique Zombie Survival
    • Impossible Zombie Survival
    • Intense (Fun) Zombie Survival
    • Crazy Fun Zombie Survival
    • Other: (Will add more options to poll as they get suggested)
    • Left4Green Zombie Survival

Funny coming from you moga, on the server you were whining about how we need to go back to deluvas zs and stop trying to make something new. This suggestions topic btw is just to see peoples opinion and isnt meant to actually implement. Now i know people prefer human classes so we are gonna look into that. However we need suggestions for that. I DONT want to hear anything about old zs, it only clogs up the topic with nonsense. You wanna rant, make a new topic. 

Funny coming from you moga, on the server you were whining about how we need to go back to deluvas zs and stop trying to make something new. This suggestions topic btw is just to see peoples opinion and isnt meant to actually implement. Now i know people prefer human classes so we are gonna look into that. However we need suggestions for that. I DONT want to hear anything about old zs, it only clogs up the topic with nonsense. You wanna rant, make a new topic. 

I would prefer that he remade Deluvas ZS because we know its good and works better than the current ZS, and he hasn't shown that he can code a proper ZS gamemode, if he wants to try then thats fine, but just implementing features from all the old ZS isnt showing any creativity and makes a bad gamemode that is filled with stuff not design to work together.

Also when I mean original gamemode, do it from scratch for the love of god, otherwise the code will have all this useless shit in it and will look horrible and will just make it harder to change. And current ZS isnt an "original" ZS, its Necro ZS with a few minor changes which are just features before you say that it is one. Also haven''t you noticed that the server is rather unpopulated, and no Duby other communities aren't "stealing" member, its just because they have a better gamemode

• Greens

Lets get this straight so we are all on the same page.

The gmod player base is a load of shit compared to what it used to be. Any type of challenge or unbalance in the game and people run a mile. So making something from a different generation won't work anymore.

So I think leave Deluvas zs as happy memories. Now then onto zs atm. I am still finding my way around all the files atm, its a total maze believe me you! So I have been making changes according to what issues players have currently and when I find it.

The plan for the future is to totally over write to what gameplay is left from necro zs and create something new from it. The issue is planning it to what will work with the gmod of today, and how the system atm could be altered or changed completely to do so. I understand from your phone perspective its a mess atm. But in due time it will become something new.

Being negative towards the people trying their hardest to make this happen for everyone! Isn't really a good idea is it? I know where your coming from, but the more time spent thinking of a solid idea the better right?

Damien made this topic so people could contribute and help out with which direction zs is going in. At the moment I don't see any of that and I am rather disappointed.

You understand Garry's Mod has multiple playerbases branching off right.  The TTT kids stay in the TTT area and the DarkRP 12 year olds stay where they respectively belong.  Zombie Survival has an entirely different playerbase than the majority of autism that plagues GMod.  Just like PERP has a different playerbase than DarkRP and most of the Greenies stay on Mr Green servers or similar servers.  So you can't really hide behind the fact that a lot of GMod is made of the mouthbreathing droolies when 90% of the time they don't come within a mile of Mr. Green ZS.

Edited by Braindawg
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Greens

D2 brought up an interesting idea I want to know your thoughts on it.

Silenced versions of weapons for loadouts with slightly different stats to compensate for the silenced sounds.

Eg: Less damage but more accuracy and rate of fire. Thoughts?

Then hats earned via levels? So we can fill up levels with more hats and streamline the amount of perks and loadout weapons. Thought?

I think the starting weapons are fine with the pulse smg being exception and hats via levels would be pretty irrelevant since hats via gc pretty much does the same aka play, progress earn gc buy hats and also it might bring ywa extra donations so both ideas are pretty irrelevant in my opinion

and also if more people would get nerfed version of rifles, smg and so on as starting weapons the bullets coming from 20 peoples guns when your a starting zombie would be annoying as hell, but maybe nerfed version of different pistols (expect dual elites cause its rate of fire) might be something to think about

Hello I am back, had to re-register with a new email address to get on the forum. Thank you Duby for posting on my behalf, however, my suggestion was to unlock cosmetic additions at later levels in order to add to the lifespan of the game. Such as Silenced USP, reskinned weapons which offer no unfair advantages but allow you to show off a bit. Take a leaf out of CoD, people spend hours trying to unlock the same weapon with a different paint job.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Greens

I hope you do relies I spoke with Reiska today and re-balanced the poison zombie. Also Etherials stand still when attacking. So yea its hard to use. 

I take your point that we need to make each class clear with their role and purpose.

Only point on Ethereals that I have is that their propkill ability is just so overpowered.

It's one thing that they actually have the ability and another that it does so much more than damage opposed to propkilling with a normal zombie.

For me, I'd say make Ethereals unable to throw the prop more than a couple yards like we used to have.

Fast zombies are okay.

• 2 months later...
Guest AleksCore

I want to suggest this or something like this. And I want to see damage to nailed props

P.S. not really great idea I know.. :D

Do something with cade destroyers.

Also if crate spawns in nailed props (in cade) this props dissapearing.

Edited by AleksCore
Guest AleksCore

Disable damage like with meele right now. And if you want to unnail - use hammer.. should be hardcoded maybe.. idk. So only cader can nail and unnail. This is fair.. Or something like this. Damn I know nothing about source engine and lua in garrys.. I believe Duby can find any solutions

Edited by AleksCore
  • Greens

The whole spectrum can't excist without the other. It opens paths for retards randomly nailing props at the beginning of a game etc.. Atm I think we are actually in the best situation in terms of cading. With a few parts of it updated we could make cading a lot more enjoyable and less stressful!!

I think a way to solve part of our issue is to make it that when we are moving props people don't collide with it. Allowing for quick cading to happen. 

But this is only a starting point. We need to focus on the balance a little more I feel. 

Also referring to a question Alex posted earlier this week. I have changed the collision type of the crate so when I have the next update done it will be added. :)

Edited by DubyXD
Guest AleksCore

39wJGdnl.jpg

map don't changing

@

syRdNT9l.jpg

8 hours later

@

Find 10 differences

P.S. So.. server is down like 8 hours already

P.P.S. It happens second time for me in last 24 hours. But first time there was admin and he changed map

Edited by AleksCore

It seems like the hate chainsaw music keeps on following the player even after the boss dies and respawns. 

Off a complete tangent...

I was thinking one thing I miss from the old days of ZS was the competition between players for rank and title. The leader board type of thing at the end of each round is gone. The rank system we had before and all of the gamer stats isn't around anymore. I hunger competition among players for stats and I think that might attract some more players who like that kind of thing.

Edited by Cheeseman
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Greens

Right then something new to zs gameplay, I took the idea from Killing Floor I think its a nice effect and will work well, but I want your guys opinions on it. 

This is a 1 in 20 chance of occurring when you kill a zombie.