Mr. Green Gaming

Valve devides Europe

Danni

Originally taken from: 1€ ≠ 1$ posted by stranded @ 08:27PM on June 22, 2009

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/1e1us/ann...330861069982974

If you've been reading the Steam forums or our forums lately you probably noticed that right now Valve divided Europe into some crazy 3 different zones.

Our friend Rhonin the wizard calls them tiers so lets just keep it that way.

So what's it all about? It's pretty simple, right now if you live in: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Netherlands, Sweden or Switzerland you're paying the most in the Steam Store. You're in Tier 1.

If you're from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain or the Vatican City you're paying a little bit less then the previous Tier. You're in Tier 2.

And finally if you're from Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania you're paying the least for the games on Steam. You're in Tier 3.

Here's an example:

Team Fortress 2

Tier 1: 19,99€

Tier 2: 14,99€

Tier 3: 11,99€

More examples on our site.

Note: This conversion involves Valve games only!

What do you guys think about it? Is it better now, is it fair at all? Or is it totally wrong? I personally think that right now it's even worse than it was before, they divided European Union/Europe like some countries are "worse" than others.

United Kingdom is NOT on the list because UK has pounds as their currency, and apparently for Valve UK is not a part of Europe or the European Union.

OMG they even put Norway in tier 2? I bet the Norwegians are laughing their ass off cause they are the richest country in europe. They don't pay tax twice a year!

Wtf, now the UK is not affected cause they use pounds. This is crazy!

Why should I pay more just because I live in a rich country? and because my country is a part of the european union!?

This is fucking nasty. What do you think? :angry:

Valve Complete Pack

Tier 1: 89,99€

Tier 2: 69,99€

Tier 3: 54,99€

Left 4 Dead

Tier 1: 29,99€

Tier 2: 22,99€

Tier 3: 17,99€

Counter-Strike: Source + Garry's Mod

Tier 1: 24,99€

Tier 2: 18,99€

Tier 3: 14,99€

Very good! At least some fairness ! Thank you Steam! Now my friends can get Garry's Mod and other Valve games at low prices! (we don't have money D:) -- but i'm sorry for those that still don't have enough money and are in tier 1.

Edited by -N7-BloodGuard Deluvas
btw the UK isnt mentioned because we dont use the euro, because we're egotistical we have to stick to our common principles of the superior pound sterling :V

as my dad says:

"I'm all up for a european currency, only as long as its pound sterling"

haha. I don't really see why you are so special compared to the rest of EU?

Special as in you get to keep Pounds while the rest of europe uses Euro.

btw the UK isnt mentioned because we dont use the euro, because we're egotistical we have to stick to our common principles of the superior pound sterling :V

as my dad says:

because we as a country refuse to use the euro, otherwise gordon brooooooon would go over to the EU place and bitchslap everyone there

as my dad says:

Nope, Sweden (for example) still uses "Krona" as their currency.

as my dad says:

because we as a country refuse to use the euro, otherwise gordon brooooooon would go over to the EU place and bitchslap everyone there

Fail.

Denmark, Sweden, UK, Czech Republi, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Lituania, Latvia and Estonia does not use euros but we still have the prices on steam in Euros

as my dad says:

Fail.

Denmark, Sweden, UK, Czech Republi, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Lituania, Latvia and Estonia does not use euros but we still have the prices on steam in Euros

its because valve dosen't like you

as my dad says:

Same with the borders. You need to get past the customs when you visit England. While you can travel through other EU countries without seeing any customs.

And it would be good for the UK economic if they would change to the euro.

as my dad says:

Same with the borders. You need to get past the customs when you visit England. While you can travel through other EU countries without seeing any customs.

And it would be good for the UK economic if they would change to the euro.

not true, i went from france to germany once on a coach and ended up being stopped by customs

and, i liek the pound though!

See if Pounds isnt affected WE NEED THE GULDEN!!!!oneoen!oene!

( Gulden is the old Dutch currency dunno what the name is in english.)

This is total BS that valve does this crap...

And the games also never change price depending how old the game is. some 2004 games = 30euros?

BULL