Mr. Green Gaming

Gamemode ideas

Deluvas

I've been thinking about this for the last 2 months, but i still can't find out some good ideas. Me and Killzone (base team) would like to start up a gamemode. A fun to play gamemode, non-boring, without too much lag, with less physics interaction, easy to understand and play etc. This would be my second project after zombie survival modding.

My initial gamemode ideas where the following :

1. Space Based Gamemode ( like EVE Online ). It was a good idea, but as soon as i saw how much processing power would take 20 PhysicsSimulate hooks (20 players), i quit it :) .. I wanted to be more like the 'Cosmos' gamemode but it seems they were faster than me.

2. Apocalypse / Horror Survival (Killing Floor style, ReDead).

3. OnSlaught ( Unreal Tournament style ). Main idea: The map has 5-6 strategic points you have to hold. In order to win the game, you have to control every point, and destroy the enemy team's core. Methods: ground forces ( people + ground vehicles ) and air forces ( airplanes, well sort of )

I find none of the ideas about interesting anymore. That's why i opened this Thread.

I want something UNIQUE! For instance, if i am going to make it team-based, i would set-up 3 teams, first 2 teams unlock at the beginning of the game, and the third ( Special Guys ) would unlock at the 3/4 of the roundtime. Another example: in TF2, as sniper, your shot damage is based on the time you stuck your eye into the scope ... etc

Edited by Deluvas

Why not something in a Mario Party style?

For those who don't know that game, it's inspired from society games, you roll a dice and move forward on squares, you have good squares which gives you points,bads which make you lose points. Each player play one by one, to roll the dice, and at each end of turn there is a minigame, if you win it you gain bonuses/items. i forgot to say, there are special squares which gives you items, or trigger events (good or bad).

This seems a bit crazy for a gamemode, but if you have to do it, do a simplified version. For example after each turn there is a deathmatch/team deathmatch/other game which gives bonuses to winning player/team.

The roll the dice would be done with some menu, you can't move your character yourself, he moves automatically to the number of squares indicated by the dice.

You have a limited time during your turn, to move forward or do special actions. the winner is the one who won the more minigames/ has the most of the points.

Another Idea, a sort of Hide & Seek gamemode.

• 3 teams:

-"Hiders": They have to escape and hide somewhere.They have no weapon, just a beeper which beeps when something is approaching.They all start at the same place.

-Seekers: They have to find and kill the Hiders, and also the monsters. They only have a Carbine to kill the Hiders, and a tranquilizer gun to stun monsters.

-Monsters: They are not a lot on the map (like 3-4 players, or a bit more), it can be zombies or big animals...They can kill both Hiders and Seekers, they are stunned when touched by tranquilizer.

They just have claws as weapon.

The hiders have to survive for a certain time (15 minutes?), seekers must kill them, and monsters have no precise goal, just annoy the two other teams.

Of course if all the hiders are killed, seekers win. If seekers are all dead, hiders have to survive anyways.

Edited by Chikennugget1

This is an English board. Not all of us speak French so can you be considerate and speak English?

On topic, like Ywa said, there's already plenty of survival game modes.

Perhaps something along the lines of like "Target shootout"? The faster the player finds a target and shoots it, the more points they get?

Ok..

Ni Pah just said there was some mod like the gamemode I suggested, in Halo.

It's just easier for us to speak in french between frenches, and when someone talks to me here I answer in his language, english, french...But don't worry heh, I'll still keep talking in english with everyone, frenches are just my own exceptions (I mean they are the only ones here I'm not talking in english with :3 ).

Dusty > I think it's more a minigame, because it's a very fast mode, unless you thought about something else to put around it ?

Ok..

Ni Pah just said there was some mod like the gamemode I suggested, in Halo.

It's just easier for us to speak in french between frenches, and when someone talks to me here I answer in his language, english, french...But don't worry heh, I'll still keep talking in english with everyone, frenches are just my own exceptions (I mean they are the only ones here I'm not talking in english with :3 ).

Dusty > I think it's more a minigame, because it's a very fast mode, unless you thought about something else to put around it ?

Everyone can read your messages here so just stick to English.

Ever played MGS4?

Team Deathmatch.

One guy is the "special guy"

He is only equipped with melee stuff, but he is very strong and fast.

He also has a camo suit, which makes him nearly invisible when standing still.

His task is to sneak up on people, disable them, then drag their bodies out of sight, then search for doggie tags without anyone else seeing.

Once he found the doggietag, the person lies on the ground for another 2 minutes, then he is long gone.

once he gets 3 DT's he wins, but if he gets killed 3 times, he looses

There is a winner between the 2 teams aswell...

I really think you should use it as inspiration, because its an awesome gamemod, and I would play it! ;D