Mr. Green Gaming

¡Ningunos Significados Individuales Pero...!

I must say I'm tired of all the Spanish people in the MTA server. Almost everytime when someone joins, he/she says "Ola" (or Hola), as if it's a Spanish server. Thought there used to be this English/Dutch only rule, but I don't even know how to see the rules in MTA.

I mean I'm not against the people themselves, just their language. I get the feeling I'm not in a Mr. Green server.

Edited by BlueYoshi97

I do the same with my french peeps here :V

It makes an angry Mayco or an angry Danni but well it's better to use a language you feel comfortable with, with someone who feels that too, than trying to think precisely of your words.It's faster.

I'm speaking french with Pointpoint for example because it's easier for us.

Do your spanish guys speak english?

If yes, then tell them to not speak spanish all the time if it's convenient, otherwise..errr...muchas tequilas con

caballos de lechugas? x-D

Seriously, it's very common to see people talking in their language, just tell them to make like 90% english 10% spanish.As long as they try to speak more in english that's fine, I guess..

We (never heard of any other admin that does) don't enforce the rule, cause there is no rule in MTA that says "English and Dutch ONLY" actually, when they join they're told that "English and Dutch are our main languages" thus saying that they can speak their main languages, but they can't be certain that admin can speak it.

I don't mind when they speak their native language, besides MTA chat box is often a mess :V

Wanna see the rules? type /rules in chat

Oh and: [00:20] <~Ywa> in b4 shitstorm

I agree ^

Edited by Danni

Chickennugget number one, I told them a few times to talk English, but they probably didn't even read it. I personally don't care if you talk French though, tee hee hee.

We (never heard of any other admin that does) don't enforce the rule, cause there is no rule in MTA that says "English and Dutch ONLY" actually, when they join they're told that "English and Dutch are our main languages" thus saying that they can speak their main languages, but they can't be certain that admin can speak it.

I don't mind when they speak their native language, besides MTA chat box is often a mess :V

Wanna see the rules? type /rules in chat

Oh and: [00:20] <~Ywa> in b4 shitstorm

I agree ^

You're right, I guess, so, I'll deal with it then. Maybe I can learn some Spanish with playing enough.

I don't get Ywa's quote here btw.

i dont really care about that. like danni says its "Dutch and English are our main languages" doesnt says "You must speak english or dutch". To me its the same thing because i can understand spanish/portuguese, so they cant do much with it when im around. :)

but ty for your concern about it Yoshi. but its not a big deal until the rule changes.

Edited by Retard
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello, ppl. Let me drop here my point of view. Maybe you noticed that my English is not that good as yours. That's why I'm from Argentina and we speak Spanish. I'm 100% with you about talking in the language that the server is from... Damn, I started playing online and I had to learn English because of the continous !mutes I received. When I started to play MTA I just knew a few words... 3 years ago... I started playing at NIR's (I was a member and still being an admin there) and ppl there taught me how to speak and now I have my own team (GnC), had my own server and scripted (bah, messing with LUA) my own bots all in English. What did I say this? Because every time I respected the language rule and understood why is that important. If you don't know what ppl is saying you have 2 things to do: send pm's or learn it. If not you can use xfire, steam, ventrilo, ts, etc... Sometimes I have to use Spanish or Portuguese to help ppl inside the server and that's useful when you have a lot of ppl from Latinamerica. Anyway... I know it's a pain and have to use the old !en command (not sure if you have it) but noobs and retards who don't want to follow a simple rule are wherever you see.

my aunt is from Brasil so I'm a bit used to not understanding portuegese xD

But I always tell people to speak Dutch or English not because I don't understand it, well maybe it is because I wanna know if they're like insulting people, talking about inapropriate stuff. Like that one time on Gmod that a couple of dutch guys were insulting sacri I think. I translated it all for sacri tho xD

my point is we're still a dutch/english community but some chitchat in your own language should be permitted

my aunt is from Brasil so I'm a bit used to not understanding portuegese xD

ITS PORTUGUESE!!!! blah..

well. i still stick to my prev idea. to me it doesnt make that much different. Im from portugal so therefor i understand spanish/portuguese/english. if Ywa change the rule to "only Dutch and english" then admins can mute.

but anyway. they could still try and speak bad english.

Hello, ppl. Let me drop here my point of view. Maybe you noticed that my English is not that good as yours. That's why I'm from Argentina and we speak Spanish. I'm 100% with you about talking in the language that the server is from... Damn, I started playing online and I had to learn English because of the continous !mutes I received. When I started to play MTA I just knew a few words... 3 years ago... I started playing at NIR's (I was a member and still being an admin there) and ppl there taught me how to speak and now I have my own team (GnC), had my own server and scripted (bah, messing with LUA) my own bots all in English. What did I say this? Because every time I respected the language rule and understood why is that important. If you don't know what ppl is saying you have 2 things to do: send pm's or learn it. If not you can use xfire, steam, ventrilo, ts, etc... Sometimes I have to use Spanish or Portuguese to help ppl inside the server and that's useful when you have a lot of ppl from Latinamerica. Anyway... I know it's a pain and have to use the old !en command (not sure if you have it) but noobs and retards who don't want to follow a simple rule are wherever you see.

Thank you for your point of view! After a while I just got used to it... I even learned some Spanish from the people in the server (some of these I know already, I have been to camp with Spanish, Czech and Catalan people and there they didn't speak English too):

"culo"

"puto"

"te mamo la vierga"

"te voy a romper el orto"

"boludo"

"chinga tu madre"

"hijo de puta"

"mama bicho"

"vamos"

"jajajajajajajajajaja"

And more quotes, which are usually in caps and I don't read those. But I don't care when someone says "vamos" because that is just random.

I think there should be an english only rule and I would like to see that will be enforced too. Anyone thinks the same as me? This would clean up the chatbox, though I do think there has to be atleast one admin online at the time. At this moment it's hard to realise.

I think there should be an english only rule and I would like to see that will be enforced too. Anyone thinks the same as me? This would clean up the chatbox, though I do think there has to be atleast one admin online at the time. At this moment it's hard to realise.

One of the reasons I play (and maybe others too) in Mr. Green's server is because besides common sense rules, there isn't anything special that you need to abide by.. The more you complicate the server with extra-rules, the less enjoyful it shall be for players. Camille, you and I already have experience with such "strict-rules-server" that ended up having an average of 1 player (LOL).. We wouldn't want Mr. Green to become like that, would we? xD

My point is people should feel relaxed when they're playing this game in this server, not worried about breaking trivial rules such as "english only"

One of the reasons I play (and maybe others too) in Mr. Green's server is because besides common sense rules, there isn't anything special that you need to abide by.. The more you complicate the server with extra-rules, the less enjoyful it shall be for players. Camille, you and I already have experience with such "strict-rules-server" that ended up having an average of 1 player (LOL).. We wouldn't want Mr. Green to become like that, would we? xD

My point is people should feel relaxed when they're playing this game in this server, not worried about breaking trivial rules such as "english only"

true. we 3 come from a superstrict server, and we know what happend to it. I say, let them speak spanish, russian, portuguese, dutch, english. It should be that way. If we start now muting people that only speak other language, it will result on loosing players. I gotta say, besides the good environment around here, what attracted me to the server was the simple rules, nothing to strict, what made our gaming alot easier.

I agree with you... but I think it won't work anyway. The average Spanish/Russian won't start talking English just because that rule is suddenly there, because they aren't as good in it as most of us...

• 1 month later...

You know what, I think it's better if they keep talking Spanish. Because the only English words most of em seem to know are (all been said by W4rri0r):

"FUCK <PLAYER>!!!"

"FUCK YOU"

"FUCKING NEGRO!!"

"FUCKING N00B!"

"SHUT UP!"

"YOU DUMB!"

"YOU ARE VERY STUPID"

"STUPID FUCKING NEGRO!"

"SHIT!"

"FUCKING CHEAT!"

"GAY NEGRO FUCKER SHIT-PENIS GAY FUCKER!!!"

So I rather have the culos, putas and callates than failed attempts at English.

I like the diversity of the server. I like that people from around the world play there i think it would be a mistake to make it english dutch only. Besides it annoys me when people talk to much in the chat. It's a race not a chat room.

I have no issues with people speaking their native language at all. I do however feel that english or dutch or whatever you choose should be the language of choice. I know a little spanish and i can understand some of what they say. Seriously, its an online game that anyone in the world can connect and play. Why would anyone expect them to not be able to speak their native language? That is just plain silly. If you dont want foreigners connecting, then figure out a way to not allow those from different countries to connect to the server. hehe

TicTocs Daily TwoCents!

You know what, I think it's better if they keep talking Spanish. Because the only English words most of em seem to know are (all been said by W4rri0r):

"FUCK <PLAYER>!!!"

"FUCK YOU"

"FUCKING NEGRO!!"

"FUCKING N00B!"

"SHUT UP!"

"YOU DUMB!"

"YOU ARE VERY STUPID"

"STUPID FUCKING NEGRO!"

"SHIT!"

"FUCKING CHEAT!"

"GAY NEGRO FUCKER SHIT-PENIS GAY FUCKER!!!"

So I rather have the culos, putas and callates than failed attempts at English.

u missed "FUCK YOU ARE SO RETARDED" xD