Mr. Green Gaming

Sadistic! Scandalous! Outrageous! The American Corruption...

I must say I hope this doesn't happen on more occasions...

It does.

Though I would've said "shit happens", it's clear the gunner enjoys killing people. It's more like a game to him, and that's clearly a sign of unhealthy state of mind (or just insanity). This might be the result of rushed recruitment, or just a twisted mind. Ofcourse war changes people in ways like this, but it's definately not a good excuse. Soldiers should be recruited to be able to handle situations like this, because some of them clearly can't. In my opinion they should screen mental health every so often when a soldier has been on a battlefield for a certain time.

Ofcourse me ranting here on an internet forum won't change shit, but they really should start screening the mental state of military personnel on the battlefield (and ofcourse before and during recruitment). I also think this soldier should be prosecuted, but that won't happen.

Also Notte, it's not just the US, it happens everywhere.

I must say I hope this doesn't happen on more occasions...

It does.

Though I would've said "shit happens", it's clear the gunner enjoys killing people. It's more like a game to him, and that's clearly a sign of unhealthy state of mind (or just insanity). This might be the result of rushed recruitment, or just a twisted mind. Ofcourse war changes people in ways like this, but it's definately not a good excuse. Soldiers should be recruited to be able to handle situations like this, because some of them clearly can't. In my opinion they should screen mental health every so often when a soldier has been on a battlefield for a certain time.

Ofcourse me ranting here on an internet forum won't change shit, but they really should start screening the mental state of military personnel on the battlefield (and ofcourse before and during recruitment). I also think this soldier should be prosecuted, but that won't happen.

Also Notte, it's not just the US, it happens everywhere.

US army give over 50 mill $ every year to game Developers... now we see why. He think it's MW2!

Edited by Notte

Shit happens, though civilian casualties shouldn't happen..

Those are basically my thoughts too (ofcourse it's easy to say that from behind a computer in a well protected, stable country). Civilian casualties CAN and WILL happen, but the worst part here is, is that the soldier enjoys killing those people.

There are im sure many examples where people kill mass numbers of civilions that never get reported. I think it's not just an example of people enjoying killing- but theres such a change from normal modern day life to war that some people can't handle it... and literaly go crazy.

Film directors have hinted at it for ages, Full Metal Jacket and Band Of Brothers are examples

But yeah- civilian casualties arn't necessary but do unfortuneatly happen.

Some people apparently get a kick out of violence. In the middle ages even the most civilized places had stuff like a guillotine. When somebody got executed, the entire city went out to see it happen as a form of entertainment. Nowadays, this is (luckily) not the case. It's replaced by TV violence, which is not the same. This COULD be a reason for things like this, though if that's the case, the guy still has severe mental issues.

I wouldn't say the soldiers here in the video have a mental disorder like Mayco said (humour is one way soldiers maintain their sanity), but they clearly were sloppy identifying their targets. They were not aware that they were engaging civilians, but they're all to blame for not being aware.

I wouldn't say the soldiers here in the video have a mental disorder like Mayco said (humour is one way soldiers maintain their sanity), but they clearly were sloppy identifying their targets. They were not aware that they were engaging civilians, but they're all to blame for not being aware.

You still ignore the fact that he enjoyed shooting them, and the request for medical attention for the wounded girl was a hard "no".

As I said, if he didn't enjoy it so much, I would've been more like "It sucks, but shit happens", because civilian casualties are inevitable in a war.

What should he say then? I think "GOT ONE!" or something smilar is more likely than "OH MAN I JUST KILLED A MAN I HOPE HIS FAMILY WONT MIND THIS WILL HURT MY FEELINGS :("

Yea that's true.

But the way they are acting in that video is just insane :o

War is getting really easy with somekind of helicopter and shooting people without they can hit you. There's no real courage that you need for that.

What should he say then? I think "GOT ONE!" or something smilar is more likely than "OH MAN I JUST KILLED A MAN I HOPE HIS FAMILY WONT MIND THIS WILL HURT MY FEELINGS :("

You're ignoring the fact they enjoy killing.

Thats what I meant, just because they sound like they enjoy it doesnt mean they do.

Even when they are yelling "Come oon let us engage" like kids wanting candy.

Notte, real world =/= modern warfare/bad company