Mr. Green Gaming

Mr-Green Mapping Contest for ZS (Applications)

post-48-12757428742_thumb.jpg

We have a bunch of creative and (possibly) able mappers here on L4G. Clavus once started a community mapping contest, but that thread soon lost interest. Let's even up the odds. You are going to make a map, for ZS!

First of all, try not to make mainstream ZS maps. Those maps are coming out of peoples noses for the last few years. Make something unique, and creative.

Things like well designed gameplay, optimised, and good looking are always a plus. Having a plan, with sketches and such are good and fitting too.

The mapping hasn't started. Yet.

We need some applications first, with information about the following things:

- How good are you at mapping?

- How long have you been mapping?

- Do you have the patience to continue mapping for a long time, and finishing it?

Example:

1) Greenhorn | Rookie | Experienced | Veteran | Crack

2) 6 months | 1 year | 2 years | more than 2 years

3) Yes | No

Then: (also my app)

1) Veteran

2) More than 2 years

3) Sort of. But I have plenty of time in the summer-vacation, so yes.

Minimal demands:

1) Experienced Rookie or Experienced

2) 1 year, but if you are good, then it's obsolete

3) Yes

The engine has to be Ep2, or Ep1 based.

Custom models are allowed, but no Ep2 models/textures, or they will have to be pakratt'd into the .bsp. Try not to overdo the amount of custom textures/models, these will be counted as "cons" for the final place at the end.

The main reason for this, is because you are trying to look better with custom things, while the other mappers are stuck with stock textures/models.

Making textures/models is always better, and will be a plus.

Applications can be posted here. I'll take a look at all the apps for 1 week. After that, the mapping can commence. (or you can do it right now, if you are already accepted!)

The deadline is presumably at the end of the summer vacation, so somewhere in the beginning of September.

There will be prices taken in account, involving GC (Green Coins). We need a minimal of 5 contesters, on order to "launch" this contest.

The rewards:

First place: 10000 GC

Second Place: 5000 GC

Third Place: 5000 GC

And most certainly, you will be put into the rotation of ZS, if they can meet with the demands of the TC. But I think they will probably suffice.

Accepted Applications:

- Botervloot

- QTesla

- Stalker-dude(nl)

- Mr.Darkness

- Pufulet

- Chickennugget1

- Balmung

- Clavus

This is a solo mapping contest. You can ask for help, but not work together as a team, or your score will be divided by 2 too!

The jury is as followed:

- Deluvas, maker of Mr-Green ZS, and God of Garry's mod

- Ywa, Owner of Mr-Green, allround God

Get apping!

Link to content topic:

Edited by Botervloot

Alright then. Im in :)

1) Experienced (0.7 Veteran)

2) 2 years already.

3) Yes, thats fun.

Note: I wont be 'active' in mapping in this period: 05.06. - 17.06. and 01.07 - 24.07. All other time, im full of activity

1 question: Do you count already made maps? (Like Pufulets zs_ambush'S?) Because I almost finished mine (Yeah the map with the desk I was showing you :P).

Edited by Mr.Darkness

The engine has to be Ep2, or Ep1 based.

Custom models are allowed, but no Ep2 models/textures, or they will have to be pakratt'd into the .bsp. Try not to overdo the amount of custom textures/models, these will be counted as "cons" for the final place at the end.

The main reason for this, is because you are trying to look better with custom things, while the other mappers are stuck with stock textures/models.

Making textures/models is always better, and will be a plus.

What are the special quality's for a ZS map?

If I can get those right I will be able to make anything, and what engine?

Special qualities...?

If you mean how a map should look to be original, you should figure that out yourself.

Edited by Botervloot

The supported engine will be EP2, but you must not use anything from EP2. Use HL2 and CSS models/textures only. Custom textures are perfect, you may also import them from EP2.

Custom models are also good. But try not to download as much custom things from the internet, that will result in cons, because other mappers might not like it that you use custom things in order to be/look better.

^This is a fail.

Fuck. Then I will have to start a new one. I used many stuff from Ep2.

Will need to stop my project.

Edited by Mr.Darkness

1 question: Do you count already made maps? (Like Pufulets zs_ambush'S?) Because I almost finished mine (Yeah the map with the desk I was showing you :P).

Yes of course. Proof of work is always good.

Please note, Greenhorn is next to none experience in hammer, and experienced involve that you are familiar with things like func_dustmotes, colour_correction, and linear lightning settings for say, an env_light.

Let's say, if you are experienced, you know just about half of everything there is to know in Hammer.

Edited by Botervloot

The supported engine will be EP2, but you must not use anything from EP2. Use HL2 and CSS models/textures only. Custom textures are perfect, you may also import them from EP2.

Custom models are also good. But try not to download as much custom things from the internet, that will result in cons, because other mappers might not like it that you use custom things in order to be/look better.

You can import them. It doesn't matter that much, as long as you can play it decently in ZS.

So far so good, 5 apps already! There is no limit to how many apps there are, if you can meet the minimum demands, you are always in.

The rewards:

And most certainly, you will be put into the rotation of ZS, if they can meet with the demands of the TC. But I think they will probably suffice.

Edited by Botervloot

I haz realy realy realy realy original idea that nobody would of think of!! MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH

wait.. i need dates when the contest starts and ends....

Mr.Darkness contact me whenever u can

Edited by Pufulet

You can import them. It doesn't matter that much, as long as you can play it decently in ZS.

So far so good, 5 apps already! There is no limit to how many apps there are, if you can meet the minimum demands, you are always in.

The rewards:

Well. You didnt get it.

The thing is that I used 14 types of Ep2 props. Types, not props. (Rocket details, cargos, detail props (like cannons), panels, etc.) And there are like roughly to 50 of those props.

I haz realy realy realy realy original idea that nobody would of think of!! MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH

wait.. i need dates when the contest starts and ends....

As stated in the OP:

The deadline is in September.

The applications will only be looked through/accepted until Saturday, next week.

After that, the mapping will commence. But you may already start mapping now. I'll make a list in the OP for those that have already been accepted.

Edited by Botervloot

Well. You didnt get it.

The thing is that I used 14 types of Ep2 props. Types, not props. (Rocket details, cargos, detail props (like cannons), panels, etc.) And there are like roughly to 50 of those props.

Anything that HL2/CSS doesn't support, will have to be packratted.

Also, this is the application thread. After a week, the mapping thread itself will be made. You can show progress, ask questions, or state what you are going to make.

A map-pimpage-thread, for the mapping contest, if you wish to call it that way.

- How good are you at mapping? Experienced.

- How long have you been mapping? Depends,general mapping> 4-5 years, Source Mapping: 1.5 years.

- Do you have the patience to continue mapping for a long time, and finishing it? Yep.

Proof of previous experiences:

(also I couldn't find my topic about zs_ghostcanal, which was my previous map, same for zs_sidewinder).

Edited by Chikennugget1

I don't see why not. I'll need to learn how to make ZS maps though

1) Rookie

2) made about 2 maps over 2 months and have been working on a third

3) Yes, but I tend to work on more than one at a time. Guess I can haitus everything else.

Added everyone to the application list, who has posted something thus far.

Making a content topic for this. In that topic, you can post all the content of your map.You can also ask questions there, and comment on other people's work.

Link:

Edited by Botervloot

Bump.

Applications end on Saturday.

After that, the competition begins.

If you've been accepted already, you can start mapping right now!

Any content has to be posted in the content topic. This is for applications only.

Edited by Botervloot

Okay, accepted.

Your final map in the end will be judged. If it's not finished: tough luck!

The jury is as followed:

- Deluvas, maker of Mr-Green ZS, and God of Garry's mod

- Ywa, Owner of Mr-Green, allround God

Tough jury, I hope you guys can live up to it! :P

Edited by Botervloot