⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Problems with admins etc.

Thank you for your input Damien,

Voting seems to have been already set in place on other Mr Green servers, if I understand correctly.

Typically some day-to-day issues could be avoided with a voting system.

What I proposed in my earlier posts in this thread is to limit the impact of a voting system, by confining it to ultra-basic functions: kick (or max 30min ban), and rtv.

In all conditions voting is only one side of the coin to the solution.

The other side is that we need admins!

And in this model, I still agree with you Damien: top-level decisions should/will remain to the owners: what maps in mapcycle, when to update, box configuration, hlds config ...

It has been pointed out at several opportunity that our top crew is busy and has not only this server to care. I can understand that, yet its the only one burning, which should be a hint of urgency here.

Woudln't such voting+admin solution help out this top crew by enabling them to focus on key issues, rather than being drawn in day-to-day maintenance?

I.e: kicking out a cheater that might come back after changing his SteamID?

AFAIK, it is the only public ZPS server who regularly hosts players to have neither of them.

As a side effect, it is holy ground for the bad population.

I find it incredible that the chaos has rised so much that we now have our own neo-nazis who nominated Mr Green ZPS their base of operations. And this raise of chaos seems to happen without triggering any longer term reaction from top crew.

Its degree of urgency seems to glide above the head of the ones who can make a change.

Even though being busy, we (server users) know they only have to say a word to have others fix it. It's the box admins (probably Mayco) who will implement the change.

What is it that is missing for the top-level to send out a decision to be executed below?

How longer is the waiting going to remain? Days, weeks...?

Are we closer to the end or the beginning?

Regarding my patience, I can assure you that we are closer to its end than its beginning =)

I am no expert in community management, but this point I am sure: there are no better ways to poison one's enthousiasm than just parking him in "wait-mode" without him knowing why or for how long.

This is deplorable: enthousiasm is the energy of a community and IMO deserve to be managed.

I would like to emphasis on the point that this is still not a "complaining" thread :)

It is posted in the area "the network", which states to welcome feedbacks and propositions. The description of this forum's section is: "Complaints / suggestions about the servers or forum? Look no further!"

I understand this server is on your "blind spot" since few/none of the admins plays on it. For this reason I take special time in keeping you up-to-date and am candidly pushing feedback in an developped way because English is not the motherlanguage of most of us in here.

Out of basic respect, I whish -and might be dreaming awake here- to have the owners of the server (the only one with the key to some durable solution) sharing some of my concern and implication towards their own server.

How crazy is that? :D

Cheers

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Notte for this input.

It is very unclear if there is any link between your sentence and this topic.

Have you posted on the right thread mate?

Neo-Nazi and racism are still growing on your ZPS server guys!

Some of the chaos-leader now have a steam group: the Anti-Jude-Clan - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/jlkjl

It's 7 members are all regulars on your server.

Acab who applied for an admin spot () is also member of this antisemit group.

Top crew (Ywa & Clavus), you are so sluggish!

It is very rare to witness an internet-oriented organization having a reaction time a lot worse than the large paper-based administrations, one century ago.

From what I read on the forums and IRC, it seems this lazy attitude is not solely confined to ZPS.

Great job though, you even manage to piss off those who volunteer to help.

I don't think Acab is a bad person.

He volunteered for fireman when the place burns

He watched the place still burning while you asked to "wait"

After a month, he is done with the waiting, and now participates in the burning

Why should we ban people if they're in such a Steam group? It hasn't to do a lot with us. And as long as they keep their thoughts out of the server it's fine.

And still, it's not a huge problem. It's internet man, shit like that happens all the time.

Error 401, thank you for checking on it!

Depending on who's connected your gaming experience might range from good game to headaches.

Ywa, I don't recall having refered to ban as "a solution" here.

I am glad you are OK with these people openly sharing their ideas on your servers without feeling a need to moderate.

it's internet

"With powers comes responsibility". I thought your sense of responsibility would kick in somewhere.

Should such exact behaviors have happend in forums, IRC or any other game server with admins, it would have been sanctionned <---- still not necessarly talking about ban

When these players start with the racist and neo-nazi talk, it quickly escalates to insults in chat and voice comm.

In this context, it is very hard to achieve teamwork and get a good game.

This only happens because there is regular chaos generated by cheaters and griefers.

But with Beatalex comment on top of yours, I just realized that we are not communicating since the beginning.

People here are for most teenagers, behaving as such.

I'm the one being too idealistic here. And this stops here for me.

I am done with the writing here.

All the best folks

Peace

Bad diss, but you were right that he acts so dramatic.

Eguun, you keep announcing your departure. Kind of crap, I always appreciated your input for the community and your encyclopedia-length posts and I have no clue why these players and admins can't get somewhere.

For me, you are always welcome and it's sad to see you leave. I was hoping problems could get solved. Farewell, good sir! ;-(

*Shite, now I made a dramatic post as well (but for the record, I prefer girls).

BlueYoshi97, funny words :D

For the records girls are also my taste.

I joined here weeks ago to highlight issues, ready to take time to reformulate in order to have them communicated as properly as I can.

By then, I expected it to be done quickly, easy fix =)

We are not talking massive efforts here: the solution to these issues would take ~15-20 minutes to setup on the server.

Snapshot 3 weeks later: there has been weeks of writing asking for a 15-20 minutes job that has not got closer to start. <------ This is really the dramatic part btw!

This is not a balanced situation, I'm tired of it. I'm sure you can understand.

Farewell