Mr. Green Gaming

About The CP/CTF Server

Ok i was planning this fore a whole time and now its here. I think we need to talk about this server because there is nobody playing in this server any more.

I was thinking about to do something big different then the other 3 servers. there is nothing to lose. I would say add a map vote in the game, a crit vote, and get those fake player counts back.

I think if the tc. add this in the servers a lot of people on this forum would like it. and when there are 10 players in the server the new people will join again and if they like it they stuck to the server and keep rejoining.

I wouldn't see any problems why not adding this to the server as i said before there are no players now playing in the server so it cant get any worse.

If you guys have some more plans / or other plans. add them in this topic

thanks rogue,

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i was planning this fore a whole time and now its here. I think we need to talk about this server because there is nobody playing in this server any more.

I was thinking about to do something big different then the other 3 servers. there is nothing to lose. I would say add a map vote in the game, a crit vote, and get those fake player counts back.

I think if the tc. add this in the servers a lot of people on this forum would like it. and when there are 10 players in the server the new people will join again and if they like it they stuck to the server and keep rejoining.

I wouldn't see any problems why not adding this to the server as i said before there are no players now playing in the server so it cant get any worse.

If you guys have some more plans / or other plans. add them in this topic

thanks rogue,

Voting

What is this heresy

Actually, when there was just me and Layer, after 20 minutes, it was full.

That's one possibility.

it wasn't a possibility last month when we had 8 players in there from pl nobody joins after a hour. It dont got the players any more but with some changes we can get them back. And i heard a lot of old regulars say that they changed to other servers because of crit and never even teams in that server.

another option is teamscramble in the server :D

just test some things on this server.

i dont see the problem <_<

@ darkness: dont forget the koth server ;) thats dying as well. a lot of servers are dying:-(

Edited by rogue

I haven't played TF2 in a while, but when I did there was a fake player count on CP/CTF I didn't know off yet. It said it was almost full and when I joined it was completely empty, always. And I usually did it only because PayLoad was down, so apparently no one else from PayLoad decided to go there as well. I don't know if there are more regular players in that server now, and I don't understand why it is so unpopular.

True Lemon. Empty servers just need 2 people in it and It's kickstarted for a good 10 hours.

not for the cp/ctf server

Lies, I went their with one person and in 20 minutes it was half full, I left checked back a whiel later and it was full.

and then there comes a map that nobody likes 10 players leaving. and 10 minutes later the server is empty. the guys only join at maps they like

and a second thing the server dont got regulars any more so they need guys from forums to start the server and thats not happening. or you want to kick start it every day. you can kickstaret it but thit wasnt the thing before the server died. so this is not a good solution. and you see in the server stats that the server is down in 2 hours again so nobody joins after there are players ingame. the players that are ingame leaving but nobody joins any more. so you can kick start it again. well if this is the solution, i dont get it

I haven't played TF2 in a while, but when I did there was a fake player count on CP/CTF I didn't know off yet. It said it was almost full and when I joined it was completely empty, always. And I usually did it only because PayLoad was down, so apparently no one else from PayLoad decided to go there as well. I don't know if there are more regular players in that server now, and I don't understand why it is so unpopular.

fake player count kept the server working. and that was a fact because without the guys never joined this server with fake player count the always joined and always get full. but they cant add the fake player count, the plug-in is gone

havent played a while because computer problems (damn i miss TF2 and Lunatics :D) but here's my opinion.

cp/ctf server is dying. I rarely see players there. Yes there is players when weekends or someones started with couple guys, but otherwise its usualy empty.

I dont know what happened to cp/ctf gamemodes, but i dont see why ppl just dont play it. Not my problem thought.

Of course i hope that there whould be players, but i dont see that happening (if fake players dosent work anymore)

Sad true is that according physic laws, everything that exist, will not exist in some point.

PS: those who have tried good gmod addons like Stargate, Wire, Life support etc. Isnt it sad they are dead or dying?

Edited by MiF

I think the bloody lag on every server is causing some problems as well. And because i cant reply on the crits thing topic any more. you wouuldnt add crit vote because of new players will stay away. Well i think this issue of the lag probs will not help getting new players as well. even the regulars already go more to other servers. so find out whats the prob and fix it. This is already a prob for about a half year i think so. Meabe less but its for a long time now. and yes its something in the servers

first of all: rogue is coming with some great plans and ideas

second: i like cp_steel :D so.. it's very awsome there are many people in the server.

Fake players don't work anymore.

ywa.......<_<

you never know. you could try these plans thought?

plans@ for the cp\ctf server

try some new maps they can vote if they like it or not so you can put it in.

or do a event ( there whas one in css fun server ) attract many people right?

for the koth server

is garbageday in it? :D if it isn't add the map. it's big fun

Edited by Firehawk

--- Greetings to the [lol] Family ---

Rogue is right, and to be honest, everyday I see mostly the same players on the PL server, so if the old players are leaving, the server will die. Face the reality, the servers are lagging, there are always stacked teams and new players are leaving because of no scramble vote but we are still playing on the PL server because we are like a family, and the game is not always about killing and being #1 on the scoreboard. After all, TF 2 is a fun game. Of course this doesn't mean that we are gonna play forever on those servers just because of this. We are getting bored and sick of the same problems. Your server is not the only server out here with upgrades. 2 of the servers are mostly empty and you don't even care that you are wasting money. TC said on the crits topic that removing the crits will make players leave the server, and then on the PL new maps topic you said that "Borax" and "Cranetop" were hated and players were leaving, yet you said that if you would want to add new maps you would add the "Borax" and "Cranetop" maps back on the server. Won't that make players leave the server once again? Seriosly now...you admins are dumb. I don't know where did you learn how to run a community. I don't play 6 hours a day anymore on the PL server like I used to do because I`m bored of the same maps and same settings. How hard is to add some maps? You are just lazy and that's the simple truth about TC.

--- Do something! ---

Rogue is right, and to be honest, everyday I see mostly the same players on the PL server, so if the old players are leaving, the server will die. Face the reality, the servers are lagging, there are always stacked teams and new players are leaving because of no scramble vote but we are still playing on the PL server because we are like a family, and the game is not always about killing and being #1 on the scoreboard. After all, TF 2 is a fun game. Of course this doesn't mean that we are gonna play forever on those servers just because of this. We are getting bored and sick of the same problems. Your server is not the only server out here with upgrades. 2 of the servers are mostly empty and you don't even care that you are wasting money. TC said on the crits topic that removing the crits will make players leave the server, and then on the PL new maps topic you said that "Borax" and "Cranetop" were hated and players were leaving, yet you said that if you would want to add new maps you would add the "Borax" and "Cranetop" maps back on the server. Won't that make players leave the server once again? Seriosly now...you admins are dumb. I don't know where did you learn how to run a community. I don't play 6 hours a day anymore on the PL server like I used to do because I`m bored of the same maps and same settings. How hard is to add some maps? You are just lazy and that's the simple truth about TC.

--- Do something! ---

Ugh, I hate it when guys like you come here and lecture us on how to run a community that we've already been successfully running for years. The problem with the payload server is that there are so few official payload maps, and once your custom maps outnumber your official maps, a lot of people don't come because 1) they don't want to download stuff or 2) they assume custom maps are of worse quality than the official ones. Cranetop and borax were not hated, and certainly of good quality, but players left when the maps came on.

--- Do something! ---

Ugh, I hate it when guys like you come here and lecture us on how to run a community that we've already been successfully running for years. The problem with the payload server is that there are so few official payload maps, and once your custom maps outnumber your official maps, a lot of people don't come because 1) they don't want to download stuff or 2) they assume custom maps are of worse quality than the official ones. Cranetop and borax were not hated, and certainly of good quality, but players left when the maps came on.

Do you know 100% that people don't like downloading custom maps? I know servers that has over 5 custom maps and the server is full always. I choose only popular and high rated maps from the fpsbanana site. Why just don't add some of the custom maps and see if the server won't be full anymore. Try it for 1 day or 2 and see the difference. What's so hard?

--- Do something! ---

other servers put map packs on there own server so people can download it there. and i dont think people got many problems with downloading maps. downloading sounds and all that bullshit is annoying. and the lag is still there

and yes you already run this community so long. but isnt it time to change something. you and me know there has been changed a lot the last years. otherwise this server would still running with 30 players. i knew from a lot of guys they left because of the upgrades in the servers. but thats more the problem of the teams are not good scrambled. so add teamscramble.

now i want a question on this form one of the tc. why not test some things for 2 weeks or more. i dont see the problem because the server is already not running. its sad about the player count that its gone that helped this server a lot and you know it. i saw that some times when there was no fake players count its just not running. but yeah then you need to try something new. crits vote, map vote, and teamscramble would let me and a lot of guys up here and in the other servers come to this server again.

and think about to get teamscramble in pl as well. because there is only one clan left on the pl servers and tyhats the lol family so its always stacked. and new guys dont like this even we dont like this because its getting boring.

--- Do something! ---

i dont get this part: I hate it when guys like you come here and lecture us on how to run a community that we've already been successfully running for years.

i dont know what is wrong with you guys you are just sitting there. and look how empty the cp\ctf server is.

you guys dont even care about it.

rogue is coming with some plans and you guys dont even try to do it.

rogue cares much more about the servers then you guys do..

nothing to lose

Edited by Firehawk

i dont get this part: I hate it when guys like you come here and lecture us on how to run a community that we've already been successfully running for years.

i dont know what is wrong with you guys you are just sitting there. and look how empty the cp\ctf server is.

nothing to lose

Well maybe we can't just fix all the problems with pure fucking magic.

And maybe we have other stuff to do, because this isn't a paid job you know, rather an expensive hobby.

A new fake clients plugin is on the way (if Ywa doesn't hit a brick wall).

We won't add ingame voting for various reasons, we have admins for that.

We won't add team scramble.

We do listen to you guys and we do discuss all options. But we know when to drop the bad ideas and just keep on going with what we have.

nothing to lose

Well maybe we can't just fix all the problems with pure fucking magic.

And maybe we have other stuff to do, because this isn't a paid job you know, rather an expensive hobby.

A new fake clients plugin is on the way (if Ywa doesn't hit a brick wall).

We won't add ingame voting for various reasons, we have admins for that.

We won't add team scramble.

We do listen to you guys and we do discuss all options. But we know when to drop the bad ideas and just keep on going with what we have.

"We won't add ingame voting for various reasons"

"We won't add team scramble"

Tell us the reasons please, oh mighty busy king.

"And maybe we have other stuff to do"

What? I see you everyday playing on the TF2 servers. You don't have time to fix server problems but you have time to play? I don't have the right to judge you, but still...

"rather an expensive hobby"

Why don't you try to change that in a "casual" hobby?