Mr. Green Gaming

An Idea for Solving the CP/CTF problem

After reading that topic I decided to go and do a bit of investigating into CP and CTF servers I found that in the cases of CTF's it was 24-Hour One Map cycle maps which had the most players, followed by CTF-Only then by the one Other CP/CTF I found which was empty.

As For CP, CP maps tended to work well when they had a cycle, The average amount of players on CP Cycles was alot higher than on Single Server one-CP servers.

In Conclusion I reckon we should unsplit the CP/CTF and Abandon one or the other. If It manages to get players in that can only be a good thing. The only problem would be deciding which to keep.

Note: I made this a seperate for a reason. So If you're replying only reply about wat I've said here, Don't go off at a tangent and talk about other CPCTF problem,s Thats why theres another topic.

After reading that topic I decided to go and do a bit of investigating into CP and CTF servers I found that in the cases of CTF's it was 24-Hour One Map cycle maps which had the most players, followed by CTF-Only then by the one Other CP/CTF I found which was empty.

As For CP, CP maps tended to work well when they had a cycle, The average amount of players on CP Cycles was alot higher than on Single Server one-CP servers.

In Conclusion I reckon we should unsplit the CP/CTF and Abandon one or the other. If It manages to get players in that can only be a good thing. The only problem would be deciding which to keep.

Note: I made this a seperate for a reason. So If you're replying only reply about wat I've said here, Don't go off at a tangent and talk about other CPCTF problem,s Thats why theres another topic.

the ctf maps already are gone right, on the server.

and why not stick on other topic. this is not a big surprise that i see this topic. <_<

Edited by rogue

--- You failed! ---

Like Rogue said, instead of making a new topic, you should have just reply on the other one.

Edited by Atomicus

You guys fail at reading. Try reading teh post before you reply

Maybe you should check the TF 2 servers before posting a new topic. The CTF/CP server is only CP now. CTF is gone, numb-nut. -> "Mr. Green TF2 #2 | CPOINT | FAST-RESPAWN | LEFT4GREEN.COM"

If you're not going to help constructively then :getout:

Whether It's CTF or CP or both right now It deosn't matter, the content in this topic is still viable.

didn't i put in my post that you can add other options how to change it up there :huh:

and me never get out you need to know that now after a lot of discussions.:P

Whether It's CTF or CP or both right now It deosn't matter, the content in this topic is still viable.

uh?? i suggest you get out of this whole community for being an ASS! to copy someonelse his topic :spam:

:eatpaper:

This forum needs asses to talk shit, like humans need asses to drop shit. So if Balmung ditches the community, Mr. Green would die of spontaneous combustion.

uh?? i suggest you get out of this whole community for being an ASS! to copy someonelse his topic :spam:

:eatpaper:

This forum needs asses to talk shit, like humans need asses to drop shit. So if Balmung ditches the community, Mr. Green would die of spontaneous combustion.

I can't tell if you're defending me or trolling me. And Thats why I love you BY97.

Edit:

Whats this? Its war going over here...

imo this topic has soemthing to say, and whats problem with new topic? :mellow:

Nah Mif. It's quite redundant now. But I'm intending to push for the CP server becoming CTF. All the other servers are CP based when you think about it, Arena, KotH Even Payload Slightly.

So guess I can say that this topic is mor aimed for that now.

Edited by Balmung

Whats this? Its war going over here...

imo this topic has soemthing to say, and whats problem with new topic? :mellow:

Ofcourse rogue made a excellent topic about plans to keep the tf2 CP server running with much players in it.

sadly balmung had to copy rogue his topic ( with some other words <_< ) because he needs attention. and think he's better!

hope you get it :D

Firehawk

Edited by Firehawk
  • 1 year later...

i would quote people, but with the comments on people not reading posts, i'm going to try to keep this short and brief.

it seems vegeta decided to make a new topic to address an issue, whether that was already being addressed or not is another matter, and it seems that a lot of people, i don't know them personally, seem to be flaming like "twats". i'd suggest, as someone remaining impartial, that if you wish to "flame" do it on your own PC outside of these forums, so that the posts which are on topic, and friendly, are seen by everyone, but those which are rude or offensive, such as calling someone an "asshole", or telling someone to get out of the community, aren't viewed by those which it would offend. keep nasty thoughts to yourself, and away from others.

with regards to the actual topic, about whether to change to CTF/CP servers to only have one game type, and see which gets the most players, as said in a post above mine, the server is now solely CP, which, based on information provided by vegeta, may be detrimental to the servers player list, and may not gain as many people to the community which is Mr Green as a solely, map cycling, CTF server. with many of game modes having aspects of CP in them, which can get slightly boring when it's the same concept on each game mode and server, it would introduce a bit of variance to both TF2 and the Mr Green community. i feel, although this is just my opinion and not fact, that having a server with a "new" game type, new because not many other servers use it, would bring more players, which is the second aim for most communities, the first being to have "fun", unless your Axon i've heard, and would help this community to grow, and by growing, you may get more friendships, and possibly more donations, which every community needs to carry on.

i would quote people, but with the comments on people not reading posts, i'm going to try to keep this short and brief.

it seems vegeta decided to make a new topic to address an issue, whether that was already being addressed or not is another matter, and it seems that a lot of people, i don't know them personally, seem to be flaming like "twats". i'd suggest, as someone remaining impartial, that if you wish to "flame" do it on your own PC outside of these forums, so that the posts which are on topic, and friendly, are seen by everyone, but those which are rude or offensive, such as calling someone an "asshole", or telling someone to get out of the community, aren't viewed by those which it would offend. keep nasty thoughts to yourself, and away from others.

with regards to the actual topic, about whether to change to CTF/CP servers to only have one game type, and see which gets the most players, as said in a post above mine, the server is now solely CP, which, based on information provided by vegeta, may be detrimental to the servers player list, and may not gain as many people to the community which is Mr Green as a solely, map cycling, CTF server. with many of game modes having aspects of CP in them, which can get slightly boring when it's the same concept on each game mode and server, it would introduce a bit of variance to both TF2 and the Mr Green community. i feel, although this is just my opinion and not fact, that having a server with a "new" game type, new because not many other servers use it, would bring more players, which is the second aim for most communities, the first being to have "fun", unless your Axon i've heard, and would help this community to grow, and by growing, you may get more friendships, and possibly more donations, which every community needs to carry on.

1. 1 year late

2. The server is already cp/ctf

the timeframe, correct me if i'm mistaken, doesn't matter, and the topic, as far as i understand, is about removing the CP/CTF aspect, and just having CP, or CTF. i suggested changing to CTF for reasons stated above, and someone else had argued about it already being changed to a CP only server.

as i said in my first line, most people aren't reading the posts, and just skimming through them, then commenting on what they think the post is about. they also believe adding a quote makes the post seem credible, as if they've read the entire thing and are now making a worthwhile comment, but it doesn't improve the credibility. you are a prime example of this, and i pity you my friend.

the timeframe, correct me if i'm mistaken, doesn't matter, and the topic, as far as i understand, is about removing the CP/CTF aspect, and just having CP, or CTF. i suggested changing to CTF for reasons stated above, and someone else had argued about it already being changed to a CP only server.

as i said in my first line, most people aren't reading the posts, and just skimming through them, then commenting on what they think the post is about. they also believe adding a quote makes the post seem credible, as if they've read the entire thing and are now making a worthwhile comment, but it doesn't improve the credibility. you are a prime example of this, and i pity you my friend.

A homage to egresse. A dulcor edict. A marueilous intire of league. A laudable amble. A suasorie tenure of veritie, incorporating a librarie of theoricke and claritude.

Am I leuell?

tl;dr

amidoinitrite?

tl;dr

amidoinitrite?

To be honest, In my own opinion as I digress.

I believe that The person or individual "guy", On the first, primary and before secondary and after 0'th quote.

Bumped, or raised or send this topic back to the top, or to recent topics. The expert, elite and credible use of credible English.

However, fails because the posts are a mess to read and have no capitalization in them.

Requesting Lock support!

Edited by Hundred2