Mr. Green Gaming

A little thought about the medic in TF2

You can use it as an advantage for your team and to make tactics with it. It gives faster attacks when you can be more useful with it. The Medic has his übercharge ready faster, and so when the team gets in peril because there is not much time left, there is more chance the Medic can save the day with it's saved übercharge.

You can also use it as an advantage for yourself. Alright, you are a Medic and you go to the battlefield with your homie Heavy. Uh-Oh! Sentry ahead! Okay, all we have to do is stand still here while I heal you, Heavy. Maybe you can bunny-hop around a bit to make it look less like camping. Oh, Soldier, you're on fire and have only one second left to live unless I heal you? Oh sorry, my übercharge is ready, gotta go now.

*Not much later* Nice, Heavy, Sentry is almost destroyed. Let's go back and hide behind that wall while I stand still and talk about the weather, until I'm automatically charged.

Since the medic took his sweet time to charge and to destroy just that one sentry, the rest of their team is now dead and they're up against multiple soldiers, a demoman and a sniper. Good luck.

Meanwhile, the Dead Ringer Spy decides to run straight to the enemy in plain sight. "It doesn't matter if they kill me," he says. Sadly, an Engineer noticed that he faked his death and killed him again. He wants to walk away but hears that he is still there and kills him again. 4 seconds later he notices that he is still not dead. Kill! "He must be dead now", says the Engineer. Cha-Pow! Ambassador'd! Don't fuck with the Dead Ringer Spy!

Pyro notices the whole spectacle going on and burns the spy to death.

My point is: player performance still determines the outcome. You can't take your sweet time trying to take down one opponent.

My point is: player performance still determines the outcome. You can't take your sweet time trying to take down one opponent.

Yeah, that is true. But with 'using the advantage for yourself' I mean that then you're useless for your own team and annoying for the other team. A Medic with a faster übercharge helps his team with winning of course, because they destroy sentries faster. But that's not teamwork. The medic only focuses on übering one specific person, and not healing everybody.

This is all based on a certain duo that always plays together, not every Medic uses it's powers for own profit only. But it's sad that because a Heavy-Medic pair are so good, they use it only to get more points for themselves and not to 'share the power' with their own team.

I don't know if this is offtopic or not, but why does the Dead Ringer regenerate cloak while cloaked, but CND/Invisibility watch only regenerate while not in use.

And how do you suggest we 'balance it up'? We already nerfed and tweaked shop items ages ago. In my opinion, some of you blame your loss way too much on the shop items.

show percentage

everything is the same to me

lol... be smart then. most times as red there are many sentrys at the end then blu is coming with ubers.. be a pyro use flamethrower and blast the heavy ( or other) or medic away in the air and the sentrys will do all the work :lol:

anyway to solve this.. put a medic limit in the game 3 medics should be enough... <_<

Theres no problem here. People have given to the server in one of two ways in order to earn these advantages. ANYONE here can donate or just play on the server alot and everyones entitled to these upgrades.

PS: Sniper, Spy, Demoman would easily rid a faster charge Medic before his charge is ready.

i always encounter fast uber charge medics

pyro blows them away (if people have brains and know that)

demo demolishes the rest of the team behind him so who cares about the engi heavy alone

snipers can take down medics / heavys before they even come close

spys lol can backstab both of them in a flash

these things are not op in any way nessesary

people just need to know how to counter them properly

ofcourse ubering me as a demo is op SNAP

pyro blows them away (if people have brains and know that)

Indeed, so weird how like no one knows how many things you can do with the Compression Blast. You can easily return rockets and arrows, and you can even easily destroy sentries with it if you master the timing a bit, then you don't need protection - you can just jump in front of the sentry and blast back the rockets and it is usually destroyed. You can easily fuck up übers by blowing them off the roof or just blowing them around.

Also important, you can extinguish your team mates with it. Here it is frustrating that for some reason no one knows this feature. <_<

Anyway, this is half why the flamethrower is like my favorite weapon in the game, but back ontopic.

I've seen everyone has an opinion on this. However, what intrigues me is that the people who dont mind the upgrades usually specify a very optimal situation where "one player does this, another does this, and a third does this, working perfectly together as a team". This tend to happen indeed, but there are some aspects to this

First: Said persons are obviously all very skilled, and know teamplay. Usually the team with these players are the winning team. Usually the other team doesent play as much teamplay. So the trouble begins when this team with the three good players also get the medic with quicker ubercharge.

You might say "its just a challenge", but a challenge is not fun unless its easy possible to overcome, and most of the situations are virtually impossible for people that come to have a "random play" without training their mad clan-skillz.

I am sticking up for the average gamer (noob - mid), and if you want it to be a pro server for pro people with pro skillz, thats up to you. I just feel its a bit immoral to give the opportunity of better skills by earning gc (by being god, I imagine[not by time spent playing]) or by donating. Good players get the GC quicker, and the bad players tend not to donate because they dont stick around long enough.

And yes, I enjoy a challenge, but when I play a map and get killed 6-7 rounds in a row by the same medic/heavy team always with uber, no matter what I do, thats annoying. But I'm probably a noob, so what do I know, right? I only play to have fun, not to be better than anyone else.

PS: And what is the normal charging-speed for ubercharge? 1 per second if they're maxed out? I dont think its much more. Maybe 1.5/secon. Doesent that extra +1% per second give i a 50-100% increase in chargerate? thats the difference between once every 100 seconds and once every 50 seconds. and all for just infinite hours of gameplay, OR 6 euros! (I've played quite some time, and I only got 800)

Edited by Ixnay