Mr. Green Gaming

Hacker on Infected Wars

His name was (CJA) Cave Johnson btw.

I know John IRL and know he's not a hacker.

I can see you're new to the game and do not know about all the bugs and tactics yet. There were two admins monitoring the situation over IRC at the time this happened.

The armor bug he was talking about is a real bug. It makes the behemoth rocket do twice as much damage as it should, therefore killing the victim in one hit.

The reason why you couldn't kill him is because he's been playing the game for a long time. He knows how to manage his suit so he's practically invincible without help from your teammates.

BTW, you were also lying about being admin on the ZS server. We're not too happy about that. :(

Edited by Toaster

[quote name='Toaster' date='21 June 2010 - 05:03' timestamp='1277085836' post='43504'

The armor bug he was talking about is a real bug. It makes the behemoth rocket do twice as much damage as it should, therefore killing the victim in one hit.

Wrong.

The armor bug isn't real, I don't think it ever was. The Behemoth's Rocket Launcher's damage is scaled by the amount of humans on the server currently.

Two zombies, one Behemoth, twenty humans equals, well, the damage is times twenty, I guess.

I'm kind of tired of people whining about how it's a 'bug' just out a rage.

However, yes, CJA is a well-known player.

Wrong.

The armor bug isn't real, I don't think it ever was. The Behemoth's Rocket Launcher's damage is scaled by the amount of humans on the server currently.

Two zombies, one Behemoth, twenty humans equals, well, the damage is times twenty, I guess.

I'm kind of tired of people whining about how it's a 'bug' just out a rage.

However, yes, CJA is a well-known player.

One attack can never drain both suit and health in Infected Wars.

This is why behemoth normally only drains your suit, and the slow rate of fire gives you time to switch to regen, regain a few suit units (6-12 normally) then switch back to armor just as the behemoth shoots the new rocket. That's what John Caveson did, and that's what pissed RockstarEnergy off (I think).

The so called armor bug is when the explosion from the meatrocket hits more than one hitbox, so that the human gets damaged twice by one rocket, first draining all your suit power, then killing you. That's why you need a lot of players for this bug to actually kill you, because the rocket damage multiplayer is 8*[amount of players] if I'm not mistaken. For it to kill a Supply (120 hp) you would need at least 15 players.

This is not facts, it's just a theory most people belive in (including myself)

The so called armor bug is when the explosion from the meatrocket hits more than one hitbox, so that the human gets damaged twice by one rocket, first draining all your suit power, then killing you. That's why you need a lot of players for this bug to actually kill you, because the rocket damage multiplayer is 8*[amount of players] if I'm not mistaken. For it to kill a Supply (120 hp) you would need at least 15 players.

Explosion damage doesn't multiply if it hits multiple hitboxes. My theory is that the server and client sometimes think the player has different suit modes activated at the same moment. Also, this is just a theory, I could be wrong.

Explosion damage doesn't multiply if it hits multiple hitboxes. My theory is that the server and client sometimes think the player has different suit modes activated at the same moment. Also, this is just a theory, I could be wrong.

What I ment was that the damage first hits the lower hitbox, then the upper hitbox (as head or body), and that the server thinks the player got hit by two explosions.

edit*

I doubt the server thinks it's a diffrent suit mode. I've been alone, camping with full hp,and I switch to Armor, and press the armor button several times to make sure, then I get 1 hitted by Behemoth.

Edited by Sacrifical