Mr. Green Gaming

I am gonna upgrade my PC and i wonder if this stuff i found is good.

Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced

Corsair H50 Hydro Series CPU cooler

Corsair VX 550W PSU

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR, P45, Socket-775 ATX

XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5

I already have

Intel2 quad core prosessor

4Gb of DDR2 RAM

1TB HDD

Whats your opinion?

A new motherboard wont really give you more performance but you may be able to overclock it some more and it maybe have some functions that you want (RAID) but it wont give a big performance boost.

I need a new motherboard for the graphicscard, i have crappy now

Dont go for Core 2 Quad if you are going down that path, look at the i5 range as they have replaced the C2Q's

But also you made a mess in my pants with the CM 690 II Advanced

EDIT:

I didnt read your original post properly, I think you should upgrade the Mobo, RAM, and CPU really, it'll create a bottleneck with your system

Edited by ERROR 401

Corsair VX PSU (value serie iirc) are great for the money... cheap and efficient.

I own a Corsair HX 650 (pro serie), it's kinda expensive but the insane quality is worth it.

Concerning the mobo, I'm an Asus fanboy so I can't really tell ^^

(I've got an Asus P6T and I love it)

Oh and if you have the money to spare, consider buying a SSD, the performance improvement is MASSIVE!

Corsair VX PSU (value serie iirc) are great for the money... cheap and efficient.

I own a Corsair HX 650 (pro serie), it's kinda expensive but the insane quality is worth it.

Concerning the mobo, I'm an Asus fanboy so I can't really tell ^^

(I've got an Asus P6T and I love it)

Oh and if you have the money to spare, consider buying a SSD, the performance improvement is MASSIVE!

Next year, new motherboard (again) and a new prosessor :P

imo otherwise good setup, but i strongly recommend to buy better motherboard right now. You dont wanna upgrade your motherboard everytime you buy new graph. card or CPU. Also PCIe 2.0 cards goes to PCIe slots, but then there comes big bottleneck, as ERROR said.

Cooler there btw :o, but i use normal fans :D

offtopic: now in other thoughts... can my computer even stand with better parts (and hotter) with only CPU fan, graph card fac, psu fan and one shell fan....

Edited by MiF
As for me I would need a motherboard that wont get overhot everytime. Its just its 30 degrees in Moscow already.

Fans = useless.

Hey i found good graphics card for you Notte. Check this out.

Check NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800... get some money and buy it. There you go with fine computer.

Oh wait, your computer melts. Nvm.

Edited by MiF
As for me I would need a motherboard that wont get overhot everytime. Its just its 30 degrees in Moscow already.

Fans = useless.

Check NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800... get some money and buy it. There you go with fine computer.

You know that Quadro is not a gaming card? It's only for CAD or 3Dsmax etc.

Also tell us how much money you want to spent into your new components. A HD5770 is a decent card. But when you play games like BFBC2 or Crysis on high resolutions (like 1920x1080) with AA then it can lag.

Edited by CarPileUp

Fans = useless.

I wont buy a NVIDIA card! I have one now, i hate it! And the reson I don't buy new CPU Noe is cuz I don't have the money for a i5 quad.

Fans = useless.

I wont buy a NVIDIA card! I have one now, i hate it! And the reson I don't buy new CPU Noe is cuz I don't have the money for a i5 quad.

Of course NVIDIA sucks, melts computer and is loudy.

One thing about CPUs, i5 is duo core prosecors and as good as i7 in playing (better when we look at prices/gaming) just for you to know when bying new computer, but you need to check that Mobo supports that

Fans = useless.

Of course NVIDIA sucks, melts computer and is loudy.

One thing about CPUs, i5 is duo core prosecors and as good as i7 in playing (better when we look at prices/gaming) just for you to know when bying new computer, but you need to check that Mobo supports that

No. Theres also a Quad Core version from i5. And a AMD Phenom II is enough for gaming and cheap.

Edited by CarPileUp
  • 1 year later...

Its not bed Pc configuration?

House:Gigabyte Triton Black Series 180 + 2 venti (max rpm. 1153)

Base : MSI p55 GD65 (SLI or Cross Fire)

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU 660 @ 3.33GHz

VGA: Gigabyte GTX 295 (2 GPU) ;)

Memory: Kingston kit 2x2GB (1333MHZ)

PSU: Coolermaster SilentPro (1000W)

Process Cooler: Zallman CNPS10X Quit

Monitor (CRT) :D : PHILIPS 109 E5 Max. Resolution 1920x1440 60HZ

Other:

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 8GB Black B)

Hi Notte,

Just some of my opinions along with the others..

Your software requirements, budget and any salvageable hardware will determine what hardware you purchase.

Can you therefore please supply the following information:-

. What specific software do you wish to run?

. What is your overall budget?

. Your current hardware: CPU, Motherboard, PSU and case (including case cooling)?

Once we establish these variables we can greatly narrow down your search for the best solution.

Investing so much money and effort into squeezing extra juice out that Intel rig may not be the best practical solution, especially if there are viable alternatives that can match or exceed its performance without requiring upmarket cooling.

Edited by Quad_Tube