Mr. Green Gaming

Mr-Green Mapping Contest for ZS (Final Work)

post-48-127824218755_thumb.jpg

Post your final work here!

Contesters:

- Botervloot

- QTesla

- Mr.Darkness has finished his map!

- Pufulet has finished his map!

- Balmung

- Clavus

DON'T post here if you are not in the contest. So only the persons on the contesters list.

In here, you can post your work. Please keep it to one post, if you need to add some more, edit your own post.

The following is required:

- Info about the map (Name, story ect.)

- Screenshots (atleast 3)

- Overlay screenshot (a total view screenshot of the map)

- A link to the .bsp, or just upload it here. If the file is too big to upload here, use the following sites to upload it to:

Megaupload.com

Hotfile.com

Garrysmod.org

Rapidshare.com

Or a site that you like best.

Also, there are 4 judges: Ywa, Mayco, Deluvas and Botervloot. In the end, when the judges have chosen, there will be an open vote, for you to choose which you think is best. The number 1 will get one point. The rest 0. The judges can give one point to a map they like. They can also give more than 1 map, one point.

I've put an open vote to break the ice. If 2 maps both get an equal number of points, the people could give one of those 2 maps, one point. If this situation doesn't happen, they will have a general vote.

Example:

Map Pufulet

Ywa: V

Deluvas: V

Mayco: O

People: V

Ywa thinks: (text)

Deluvas thinks: (text)

Mayco thinks: (text)

Total: 3 V, 1 O

(V's are "Voldoende", so "Sufficient") One point

(O's are "Onvoldoende", so "Insufficient") No Points

Any furter questions: DON'T POST HERE.

Contact me on Steam.

Further info:

The contest ends on October 1th.

After that, voting will start for 3 days.

Judges are required to play the maps.

Link to Content topic:

Edited by Botervloot
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zs_ambush_v3

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=111083

Welcome to frozen hell.

Someone made a lovely review of my map so I used their description of my map.

''It’s one of the worst case scenarios: you’re on a oil rig, all around is sea… and you’re surrounded by hordes of zombies.

The map is set on an oil rig somewhere in the Arctic circle, and the only chance of escape lies broken upon the shore. You have to survive the adrenaline pumping onrush of zombies, with little more to stand on than a bloodstained catwalk.

From what we’ve seen, the map has many excellent potential hiding spots for survivors, along with enough props to block all of the doors, windows and gaps.

From one of the highest floors you can get a decent overview of the map, for those who are feeling strategic enough to plan their next move.

For the zombies, there are more than enough ways to deal with the pesky living; most hiding spots will give way eventually to your favoured war of attrition, making some careless survivors easy prey.

This map features a custom skybox, snow and wind sounds, all of which is fully pakratted into the map. It’s a more up to date version of his previous maps, ambush v1 and 2.''

Reference: http://garrysnightmare.com/?p=1416

post-1289-128578519816_thumb.jpg

The final installment of the ambush series!

A cold arctic theme with a custom skybox and snow. I made it so not like in v2 you cant see the end of the water.

What this has that the other 2 dont:

The occasional wind sound outside using soundscapes

A more oilrig feel combined with the arctic theme.

No healthmachine, fully pakratted and tested by 2 other people.

Lots more detail and more areas to cade.

Hope you enjoy it!

post-1289-128578520338_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pufulet
  • 2 months later...

Well. Atlast I uploaded my map.

======================================================

Info:

De_operation_submarine_v2. (Change the name if you want, de ("the" for me) is natural for it)

- 10 MB

- Used ep2 materials&models so I PakRat done all the job for it.

- Its WAY bigger than zs_pub :V

Contains: (main things)

- "Anti-camp" trigger (The one on human spawn point. I know how to activate it and will tell to you guys. Ask me in steam chat.)

- 1 env_cubemap

- 4 ragdolls

- over 9000 lights (fixed!!! the annoying env_sprites decreased their size :V)

- 5 alarm buttons (or so)

- 1 scene with headcrabs

- 7 (or 9) hidden jukeboxes. Find them!

- 1 secret room that has almost nothing special in it. It can be a trap for surviviors if there are many zombies ;)

- A monitor in lab. There are 5 buttons that switch between cameras, so you can be sure everything is going well ;D

Difference between the new map and old one:

- 1 more passage;

- Lights fixed; (NO, THE VIDEO YOU SAW HAS WORTH LIGHTS)

- A scene, as I said before;

- More decals and props;

- 2 healthchargers in, how i called, "secret room" (Dont stay there for long :))

- Info_nodes placed all over the map.

And last, the best:

Now the first ladder to the control panel entrance is fixed :)

All the zombines can rush...

I also added some func_details.

By the way. I give you both files (Rar and Zip).

de_operation_submarine_v2.zip

de_operation_submarine_v2.rar

post-126-128419915262_thumb.jpg

post-126-128419918201_thumb.jpg

post-126-128419920417_thumb.jpg

post-126-128419922551_thumb.jpg

post-126-128419924921_thumb.jpg

post-126-128419928766_thumb.jpg

post-126-128419933766_thumb.jpg

post-126-128419939316_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr.Darkness
  • 3 weeks later...

My clusterfuck of ideas, zs_clav_chaossystem. Untested gameplay but it should work out. Zombies can spread all over the map through teleporters at their spawn. The humans will have a great time being lost in the mazes.

(REMOVED: see post somewhere below for fixed version)

Also easter egg wallwritings all over the place, mainly related to community members!

1. Pufulet's map. (Vote +1)

Unique theme/environment -> V

Usage of custom textures -> V

Apocalyptic/desolate over-all feeling -> V

Appropriate barricade spots -> V

Detailed environment -> V (usage of decals, diverse props, etc)

Pretty okay lighting -> V

Optimization, 7.7/10.

2. Clavus' map. (Vote +1)

Although the map is pretty much abstract, the correct use of colors (color theory applied) and lighting, along with custom textures, HDR, built-in challenges (traps) and neat spawns along with the spooky feeling of 'lost' in the huge maze, makes this map the perfect apocalyptic scene. As for optimization, 9.8/10.

3. Darkness' map (Vote X)

I'm disappointed by the layout of this map. Although the idea had potential, the quality of this product looks quite poor (no offense). The lighting seems awkward (eye rape for zombies). There are barely details, some rooms are just plain blocky. The textures are wrongly used (not to mention wrong transitions)... Even though the map uses a lot of triggers and it's interesting at first, I can't nominate it. Optimization, 6/10.

Edited by Deluvas

Obviously I have nothing.

I did have a map I've worked heavily on for ages. As error knows ( Since I had to ask him ) I cannot compile it, so I felt it was useless. I plan on releasing the map later on though, but not part of th competition.

I can confirm that QTesla has had massive problems with rendering the map. It even made SDK on my laptop crash twice.

My clusterfuck of ideas, zs_clav_chaossystem. Untested gameplay but it should work out. Zombies can spread all over the map through teleporters at their spawn. The humans will have a great time being lost in the mazes.

Also easter egg wallwritings all over the place, mainly related to community members!

I found Redgord and Deluvas, how many are there actually?

I found Redgord and Deluvas, how many are there actually?

About 26 different wallwritings.