Mr. Green Gaming

Unlimited Detail point cloud

This looks shooped.

No seriously I can´t believe that this would work in realtime on a normal pc. Also his "explanations" hold barely any

information in them.

He describes it as a "search Algorythm" the only displays what you see (opengl anyone?) and that the data used (the point data) is highly compressed.

It still makes no sense to me why this shouldnt eat all your hardware and cough it out like raw meat.

It would still need to process a fuckton load of pointsdata even if they are compressed (decompressing isnt fun either).

Either you run out of RAM or HDD.

To explain it with his Word search: How long does it take to find the matching words in a document that is over 9000 pages long.

Unlimited data on a limited system ?

Its a hoax it has to be or else I would be god.

These methods have been known for some time, but as you can see it has unlimited detail but looks like shit (there are no shaders) :V

As you can see in the video the world is static. Playing animations with point cloud data is very expensive. Their engine isn't worth much if nothing can move.

I ran into this neat little demo today. Although this is not quite the same, it did remind me of the unlimited detail point cloud:

This demo uses particles to show off some amazing scenes. 0 polygons were used.

If you want to see your own GPU struggle with all these particles, get the demo here.

Amazing :o

TheDemoTube has something (I belive was) made by the same person,

Edited by Sacrifical

I ran into this neat little demo today. Although this is not quite the same, it did remind me of the unlimited detail point cloud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON4N0yGz4n8

This demo uses particles to show off some amazing scenes. 0 polygons were used.

If you want to see your own GPU struggle with all these particles, get the demo here.

Yes... that rapes your GPU totaly (most of them)... But try Realflow with 10 million particles and meshes (no real water texture)... Realtime ofc