Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft discussion

Clavus

I think for the next world we should stick with it for a long time. Its cool to see all the ruins and old battlefields from weeks ago :V

We'll probably keep the next map even longer. I just think that with all the new players around, and people having a bit more skill with fortress building, a clean start would be a good idea.

Goddamnit, spent soo much time to get it finished, now it's all for nothing. AGAIN.

You're playing Minecraft dude. You can cartograph the savegame later and pin a print of it on the wall if you want to.

Might come play again after 1.6 so what are the rules regarding the faction wars etc. and whats the ip again :V ?

minecraft.nl and Faction Wars means there are no rules, except for no hacking / client mods. You can read about the new mechanics ingame by typing "f help 1", "f help 2", etc.

Is it possible to output all the Faction Wars stats somewhere?

Would be nice to be able to see who is in war with who etc

Nope, no functionality for that right now, and I don't think there ever will be.

I temporarily disabled all the dynmap commands for normal players, since apparently everyone could toggle everyone else's visibility, which is bullshit of course. I'll see if I can add a command like "/dynmap cloak" that hides you on the map for 10 minutes or something.

Alright I went ahead and implemented the /dynmap cloak and /dynmap uncloak commands. Cloaking hides you on the live map indefinitely, until you either execute /dynmap uncloak, get hurt by a player, or do damage to another player. In the latter two cases the cloak command gets disabled for 100 seconds. This means that cloaking can mainly be used for the initial surprise attack on a base.

Minecraft 1.6 is getting SMP Nether support according to Notch's twitter. Plus he said the update will probably be some time away.

Looks like the scourge can finally go home :V

dam right we will.

What about the ghasts? :V

fuck the ghasts... ill rape them with sticks

Bluh, the Minecraft server kept molesting Delia, so it'll be off for now until we find solutions.

EDIT: we really don't know what's going on. If either Delia is having trouble keeping Minecraft up, or if Lite has problems keeping his network DDoS free.

EDIT2: okay Ywa gave green light, he now blames a DDoS (not aimed at us, but some other client on the network). Minecraft is up again.

• 3 weeks later...