Mr. Green Gaming

Top 5 Favourite Games

As the topic says!

Write down your top 5 games that you have ever played, these can be old or new, great value for money or just have a certain sentimental value to you e.g. a game you first played.

+I count mods as valid game examples as well ;)

Also, you might not have a specific order but just a cluster of games that you like :>

'NUFF CHIT CHAT

I shall go first!

1. Team Fortress 2

2. League of Legends

3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

4. Minecraft

5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

(I have a feeling this topic has been made before, I've searched around the forums and no luck... I swear I have actually seen it...)

Edited by Dr. Pannenkoek

Paper Mario 64

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Super Mario 64

EarthBound

Super Paper Mario

Mario Kart 64/Double Dash

Super Smash Bros Brawl/Melee

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Team Fortress 2

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Something tells me this is the 10th time I post this. Oh well. There are more games of course, like Fallout 3 and GTA IV.

My top 10 : [my top 5 could actually share 1 place, i cant really decide. Now i just put it in the order of longest playtime]

1. Garrysmod

2. Unreal Tournament 2004

3. Dungeon Keeper 2

4. Doom 2

5. Borderlands

6. Dark Messiah of might and magic

7. Oblivion

8. Grand theft auto vice city

9. Grand theft auto 4

10. Stalker shadow of chernobyl

Edited by Damien

1)farenheit (indego prophecy)

2)metro 2033

3)rainbow six vegas 2(and 1)

4)stalker all of them (if it had to be 1 it would be call of pripryat)

5)SW Knight Of the old Republic 1 and 2 ( 1 was better)

if i can go to 10

6)Deus ex 2

7)fallout new vegas (fallout 3.5)

8)Dawn of war trillogy (fuck soulstorm) mainly dark crusade

9)Neverwinter nights 1 mainly

10)hl2 any episode

Edited by Griffon
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

2. Fallout New Vegas

3. Test Drive Unlimited (1&2)

4. Need For Speed: Shift

5. Company of Heroes

The order is pretty unstable, except for number 1. It'll probably stay the same throughout the years. So I'll plant some details down as well:

1. Best game ever made, period. It's 5 years old - of course it doesn't have all the modern ticky-tacky like PhysX or superawesome graphics but it still looks okay. And it was a huge leap from Vice City, due to the different activities one could do in the game and the story-line was not much worse either. Plus it's still very famous (MTA, SA-MP and Single Player).

2. If I didn't like post-apocalypse, this game would probably not be on the list. But my ideal fantasy world is that of a post-apocalyptic atmosphere (even planning on writing a book). This game reflects pretty much everything I ever thought of when imagining such a world and the gameplay is nice as well, with all the different weapons, characters, choices and of course the huge playground that is New Vegas.

3. I'm a bit of a car-junkie (even though I don't have my license yet) and this one is my definite favorite out of all the racing games. It's a bit arcadish when it comes to racing, yet you can still enjoy the simulation of driving a sports car on real roads. The map is huge, there's always lots of people online to cruise with or just have fun on your own. It provides really nice visuals and reality at a low price.

4. As stated above, I'm a bit of a car-junkie, therefore this is another favorite for me from the racing series. From the previous NFS, Underground 2 would be my favorite one but I decided to put Shift in here because it's a pretty good racing game. I don't think it's all that arcade, like GRID etc. although it does have its unrealistic sides. I love racing and tuning cars. I also love the fact that you can add vinyls and such to create the car of your dreams. And the graphics are fine as well.

5. My number one game that involves a lot of thinking, due to it being an RTS. I'm not that big of a fan of the RTS genre. And this is no regular RTS game. You can't really build up a huge city and develop your people. It's a bit more like World in Conflict, where you can just manage your own army. It still needs a lot of tactical movement and planning, so it keeps my brain working but not overwhelming it, like other RTS games do.

A couple of good games that couldn't fit in the list:

GMod, Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, NFS: U2, Splinter Cell, Worms, Rise of Nations and some others I can't remember.

Edited by KingRuff