Mr. Green Gaming

[WORK]Does the internet make us idiots?

Chikennugget1

28 members have voted

1. 1. Does the internet make us idiots?Why?

• Yes
    • No

True true, but still, that's a dependance man-computer, there is no more need to search by yourself, to "use your brain", the computer is like the apple with the snake, you touch it and then you can't get rid of it, that becomes an habit, and then you're too used to it.

I'm a bit dramatizing but basically that's the problem.

As I said, basic concepts should still be taught. It's just that the huge flow of information today can't be absorbed by a single mind, and thus we must learn to search efficiently. Humans have evolved because we simplify things and create systems for ourselves. We're already dependant on so many things.

I agree with you Clavus.

The internet has become one huge brain with all our information.

And so if you want a conclusion, I think there is no way if you use the internet efficiently that you get dumb or become an idiot.

This place/forum for example has really made me practice my English in a way that I like it and not by learning pointless words or grammar rules out of a book.

Yet I think books still teach you better then for example wikipedia.

Still not all information is trustworthy, you need multiple sources on the internet while you would only need one book, so to speak. I think for some people it more of an addiction and to others it might just be something they do to socialize or to relax. (example of addiction: a friend of mine sits on facebook every minute that his pc is on. He doesn't know what else to do on it)