Mr. Green Gaming

Green Coin Tournament

MoshPit

Would it be possible to create a green coin tournament? the idea go's like this:

Server announces that a tournament will start after next race. the player opens gc page(f6-tournament page) clicks join, from there it could be a knock out tournament with a certain amount of players dropped after each race. If it was a 6 map tournament people keep getting knocked off until only one remains as the winner. make it 25 green coins to join then the winner wins all the green coins(or top three split the pot, 1st wins 75% 2cd 15% 3rd 10% ect)

I'm not entirely sure what would be the best tournament to do. A bracket where if you have 8 racers top 4 places move on, then the best 2 out of the 4 race for 1st. Or maybe just drop 2 after each race until there's a winner. Or some other way.

the idea would be to have an in game tournament that only involves those who joined. everyone would still be racing everyone, Independent but simultaneous from the the regular race that going on.

What's the point of the tournament?

Is it winning greencoins?

You can win lots of greencoins without this tournament as well :/

I dont really see its use

PS: I know this is a method for other servers to gather more players (by holding events), but this is not the case for us since we're 40/40 all the time

Edited by BinSlayer
No srsly, id better prefer to play for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place rather than this.

And what are you doing here? Racing for 40th? No, you would be racing for 1st so you wouldn't get eliminated lol.

Its a tournament and I do like this idea, with green coins, without greencoins, cookies, iceteas, gummies, whatever, i like tournaments.

And BTW if you have a server currency, then use it, people usually get happy when they get points/greencoins/trophies/achievements when they are playing games. Currently only the 3 top players receive greencoins and this tournament thing could be cool to motivate players.

We could also add a "bet" option. Each race start you would have 30 seconds to place your bets. /bet "player" <1-25>

Edited by FOTL.Emanuel

Yea well i Agree. What could we add to the shop?

A few suggestions:

-----

"1x Map Choosing"

-(When a player wins a race he has the ability to set the next race by typing /setnext <racename>)

- Can only be used once per each 10 races to prevent abuse

- Cost - 250GC i guess

- If an admin sets next map when the player already did it players receive his x back.

"Map Choosing Packs of 5 and 10"

-(When a player wins a race he has the ability to set the next race by typing /setnext <racename>)

- Cost - 1125GC and 2250GC i guess

- If an admin sets next map when the player already did it players receive his x back.

-----

"1x Weather Changer"

- With this ability players can change the current weather once per map. /setweather <mapeditorweathernumber)

- Cost 100GC

"Weather Changer Packs of 5 and 10"

- With this ability players can change the current weather once per map. /setweather <mapeditorweathernumber)

- Cost 450GC and 900GC

-----

NOT DIRECTLY RELATED WITH THE GCSHOP INTERFACE:

"Player Bets"

- Players can bet greencoins on a player of their choice to win the current race (they have 30 seconds since the map start). Values from 1 to 10 Greencoins.

- You can only Bet 2 per each 5 races to prevent abuse

------

"Player Sponsoring"

- By spending a nice amount of greencoins one player can "sponsor" another, in other other words "buy him" and receive a bonus for his achievements.

- Player Price could be calculated having in mind his f10 stats or something else.

- Each time a sponsored player gets greencoins his sponsor receives some as well.

- 1 player can only be bought once per 5 days (so it can be profitable)

RATES:

* Race 1st place - 3 Greencoins

* Race 2nd place - 2 Greencoins

* Race 3nd place - 1 Greencoins

* Race Top1 - 6 Extra Greencoins

* Race Top2 - 5 Extra Greencoins

* Race Top3 - 4 Extra Greencoins

------

"Map Buying"

- Map prices could be calculated having in mind the times each map has been played + its Rating

- When a player owns a map he receives 1 greencoin for each player that is in the server at the time the map started

- Each map can only be bought once per 5 days as well, for the same reason.

------

The tournament mosh talked about too...

Of course you will only earn profit IF you are online at the time those events happen.

Thats all i can remember for now...what do you think?

Edited by FOTL.Emanuel

@ Map Choosing:

I am not sure if that will work so good. I think it will lead to playing the same maps over and over again. By the way, it's usually only the same people that win (skill)maps.

Personally I like the 'random' function especially because we have so many maps.

@ Map Choosing Packs of 5 And 10.

This would be cool for me. I would choose 10 of my maps, olé!

Many people can't even name 10 maps, so they will also choose the same popular maps. If they want to spend so much GC on it, that is. I don't think this would work.

I (and other admins I think) don't mind to set maps sometimes if people really want to play them. This way we can also control that the same map doesn't gets played TOO much.

@ 1x Weather Changer.

This would be a funny add-on. Not too expensive, just to suprise other players by making a sandstorm appear all of a sudden.

@ 5 and 10 times Weather Changer.

A fair deal.

@ Player Bets.

Yes, I agree.

But maybe this should have a hard calculation. For example you ([FOTL]Emanuel) have a much bigger chance of winning than me. So people should earn more money if they vote on someone who doesn't win often. Also depends on how many people vote on a person, the GC should get divided.

@ Player sponsoring:

That sounds cool!

@ Map Buying:

Hmm. Sounds cool, but goes a bit too far maybe. You gotta be a bit lucky for this one.

Anyway, nice ideas!

I am still wanting my own Mario Party 7 taunt-horn!

That every player can select a small sound or taunt in a list. They can only select one. And they can only use the horn once in an hour or something, so you don't hear them too much.

The map choosing could only be used by a player once per 10 maps and in the maximum this command could only be used 3 times per 10 maps.

With map packs i mean you would have the option above 10 times but the restrictions still apply, packs are just meant to be cheaper.

Custom horns would be cool as well and even custom ped clothes or custom car skins. Yea players wud have to download a lot of things but that could easily be solved with an option on the options menu or smthin:

"Download Player Custom Skins/Sounds", selected if you want do download, unselected if you dont....

Personally, I think the GC system should be relaxed slightly... ala:

1st - 20 GC

2nd - 15

3rd - 10

4th - 8

5th - 6

6th - 5

7th - 4

8th - 3

9th - 2

10th - 1

Or if not the top 10, maybe the top 6, like the old F1 points system.

Mainly because the way it is now just seems a bit elitist, if that's the right word, ESPECIALLY as you have to go through the annoyance of entering your entire email address and password just to login (PLUS if your email contains any letter T's, or Y's I'd imagine, it opens up your chat thingy, unless you use /gclogin).

Personally, I think the GC system should be relaxed slightly... ala:

1st - 20 GC

2nd - 15

3rd - 10

4th - 8

5th - 6

6th - 5

7th - 4

8th - 3

9th - 2

10th - 1

Or if not the top 10, maybe the top 6, like the old F1 points system.

Mainly because the way it is now just seems a bit elitist, if that's the right word, ESPECIALLY as you have to go through the annoyance of entering your entire email address and password just to login (PLUS if your email contains any letter T's, or Y's I'd imagine, it opens up your chat thingy, unless you use /gclogin).

you can bind the /gclogin to save time. open f8 chat window type: bind f1 gclogin name pass

make sure u type th f1

then just hit f1 when u join

Good ideas for upgrades & abilities.

But wouldn't all that be cheap for those ones who play gmod, css, tf2, ie you can get ALOT of gc there? :V

However, i like the weather changing idea.

Therefore, my ideas:

-Car regen: regenerates your vehicle, cant regen when hp is on 0%. The more damage you recive, the slower your regen rate is

Would cost about 2500gc.

-Upgraded nitro: nitro drains slower. Would cost over 1500gc.

-Time machine: you respawn faster. (idea taken from tf2 shop). Would cost over 800gc. (the item is limited)

Also had idea of versus upgrades (might be unfair):

-Oops: drop a police wheel breaker to stop your opponents behind. (usable only once in the round).

-Tanker: explode yourself to stop players behind. (usable only oncwein the round)

Other ideas:

-Time changer: You can choose your time atmosphere. Make it sunny day or mid-night!

-IT'S RAINING!: Take an umbrella and try not to get under the raining cars!

Spawns cars in air. Will rain for like 10 secs :V (usable once in 10 rounds)

No srsly, imagine that lol.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Indeed, like "you have a week to make a Christmas-themed map".

Then players can vote which of the maps was the best.

Map maker earns 1000 Green Coins, and has the choice to donate the money to poor servers, where they can use the money for new maps to feed the little players, and to pay for studies to become better admins.

Or map maker keeps the money to himself.