Mr. Green Gaming

Battlefield 3 discussion

Nobana

This thread will be updated when new info is released.

2nb8v9g.jpg

Trailers:

I assume everyone is familiar with the best PC-multiplayer game so far, Battlefield 2. Speculations of BF3 have been travelling around the webs for years, and everyone who pre-ordered Medal of Honor, will be given a key to the Battlefield 3 beta, which is coming later this year. The full game will be released in Q4 2011, if not delayed.

New info has been popping up lately, recent was today in Rockpapershotgun(Thanks Boter!).

• Level destruction is going to be “believable” but basically everything is destructible.
  • More unlocks than BFBC2
  • Some kind of character customization
  • 4 classes
    • Riflemen: Combo of medic + assault, heals and revives. Can choose unlocks between nade launchers or better medic stuff like better defibs and so on.
    • Support class: LMG and can suppress, also gives out ammo.
    • Recon: Can be used for its real purpose, recon(motien sensors and shit?) or as a pussy-ass sniper class.
    • Engineer kit: repairs and destroys vehicles.

[*]Equippable grenade (and knife?)

[*]Some kind of theater mode

[*]Co-op

[*]Squads

• Squad Leaders can spawn on any squadmate, squad members can only spawn on the Leader.

• PC version will have 64-player multiplayer like BF2, consoles will have to settle for 24-32
  • No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either.
  • Unlike Battlefield 2, BF3 will have a singleplayer with a storyline which lasts for 12 hours
  • NATO vs. LPR(or something, terrorists u know)
  • 34 weapons and 22 weapon unlocks, 48 vehicles(?)
  • Beta coming before October 12th, for those who pre-ordered MoH
  • No dolphin diving
  • No plans for ziplines or grapple hooks no.
  • Prone is on all platforms.
  • There is bullet drop. Doesn't work the same as BC2 though, it's a much deeper system.
  • No tracer darts
  • Will be less noisy than BC2, cleanier/more realistic sounds

DICE's Patrick Bach on Battlefield 3

Back to Karkand DLC, which you get free if you pre-order, contains the following maps:

Wake Island, Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman and Sharqi Peninsula.

Also, here is an 9-page story about Battlefield 3 from Gameinformer, I suggest you read it(Thanks NECROSSIN!).

Page1 - Page2 - Page3 - Page4 - Page5 - Page6 - Page7 - Page8 - Page9

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Interview and concept art about Wake Island + Karkand.

Karkand interview + art

Wake Island interwiev + art

Dont get frightened about the Karkand pic not looking like the BF2 map;

An early piece of concept art for the Frostbite 2 reimagining of a true classic. Meant to represent lighting and color palette only. Actual map layout will be very similar to the original.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Game Informer interviewed DICE's General Manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson;

"On our recent trip to Sweden, we sat down and talked to DICE's General Manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson, about the company's approach to creating the long-awaited sequel to Battlefield 2. A lot has happened over the last six years, and in the first video Karl-Magnus explains what the company has been up to and why 2011 is the perfect time to release Battlefield 3."

Official page, EA.com/Battlefield3

Gamespy, DICE talks about BF3

Preorder now!(Limited Edition, 50.99€)

Preorder now!(Normal Edition, 33.99€)

Dont forget to buy Battlefield 2(Complete Collection, 11.99€)!

Send in your suggestions!

If I forgot something important, please tell.

More info added.

I do hope the quick auto knife is removed and a health bar will be added.

Same. Separate knifing like in Battlefield 2 would be ideal.

Squirrel, info is reliable. If you were referring to the video, well, watch the video and listen.

It isnt. Also, just copy this thread.

*edit*

Not like that thread has everything, but still.

Edited by Squirrel-Dude

More info added.

Squirrel, info is reliable. If you were referring to the video, well, watch the video and listen.

All the info above is either comfirmed by DICE via Twitter or EA.

E: Also in your link, made by a forum member also, contains a lot of not confirmed info, * = Not yet confirmed

Edited by Nobana

More info added.

All the info above is either comfirmed by DICE via Twitter or EA.

E: Also in your link, made by a forum member also, contains a lot of not confirmed info, * = Not yet confirmed

I really can't be bothered to prove you wrong. It is not much of an issue anyway.

But the picture of that thread is a lot cooler though.

It's still ten times more official than the whole OP combined.

I'm really curious to see how have they done the destruction, even when sometimes total destruction is a bit silly (whats the point on capturing pile of concrete rubble?).

I want to capture a pile of burning wooden planks.

I'm really curious to see how have they done the destruction, even when sometimes total destruction is a bit silly (whats the point on capturing pile of concrete rubble?).

Same. I think multiplayer would be better off without any desctruction, or minimal destruction.

Imagine being attacked by a chopper who fires crap into the building your brave squad is hiding in, he destroys the walls and leaves no cover.

Suddenly brave Sgt. Evans fires his rockets/heatseekingmisses/catapult at the chopper, who explodes. causing it go down in flames on the street, nearly hitting the abrahams tank.

Now imagine being inside the building without destruction.

Also its not gonna take 3 C4's to topple a 10 story building.

Edited by Hundred2

Well I hope that 40mm grenade launcher AKA "CoD noobtube" does not destroy any walls. And it is restored to its BF2 glory as a skillfull weapon, leaving the noobtube shame, which Bad Company's brought, behind.

As for me it seems that I bought a fake version of BC2 :(

hope i wont get fake bc3.

Get out. It is not some shitty BC3, its Battlefield 3.

Edited by Nobana
  • 3 weeks later...

Added the gameplay debut. Looks pretty darn good on my opinion. Maybe a bit too much shaking and that stuff. I would've liked it more simple, like BF2.

[quote name='Squirrel-Dude' date='08 February 2011 - 23:07' timestamp='1297196039' post='67187'

What was the point of capturing Berlin in WOII??

What the hell is WOII?

E: Yes I knew he ment WW2 but I didnt understand how could he typo the O in it.

Edited by Nobana