Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft - FACTION WARS

Clavus

Oh erm how about advertise the server more or make it more friendly to new users or some shit cause it used to be 100/100 every day of the week and now youre lucky if itll peak at like 50 or 60 players occasionally

You know it. Since we had that creative contest followed by the temporary game mode I think most people thought the server wasn't going to be faction wars anymore and left. That and the x-ray plug in puts a lot of people off/bans them.

What we need is a way to link votifier to our greencoin plug in, to me that's the only viable way of actually getting publicity.

oh i noticed this but never had to deal with it but some factions that are peaceful but there main goal is to raid nothing more so what they do is make another fac raid some one then leave and go back to there old one and deposit the items they get so that no other fac can raid them only thing the other facs can do is try and kill them on their raid that's it. can i have some info on this should it be agenst the rules or is it allowed.

Peaceful factions have the same rights as all those that take part in Faction Wars. If you took away their rights what would be the point in them playing FW? Being peaceful is a choice everyone on Left4green is given depending of you have the coins to do so. Countering peaceful factions would be easy, trade or earn GC and become your own peaceful faction!

Peaceful factions were actually meant for factions that rather build than take part in wars. As soon as they start aggressively claiming or stashing raid loot, they're still an active war participant. I'll have to reconsider if I want to keep the peaceful faction item around next round...

I'm just gonna throw it out there - I've geniuley not seen one instance of a peaceful faction abusing their status. Occasionally there have been revenge kills when peaceful factions and normal factions have a little hate war going on and keep lavaing each other, but apart from that its been fine,

If anything, the main thing Ive seen peaceful being used for are factions who want to set up a base without being hassled by people, then they disband and claim over the base they built while in peaceful, which is a fair way to use it I guess

Perhaps a disclaimer will do? It'd suck to remove the feature because it's genuinely useful, so just outlining that if people use it for anything other than peacefully building then their peaceful status will be revoked.

Yeah, a lot of people make legitimate use of the peaceful faction and it would make yet even more people leave the server if it was removed, I think. Taking away peaceful status upon abuse would be a good idea.

I'm just gonna throw it out there - I've geniuley not seen one instance of a peaceful faction abusing their status. Occasionally there have been revenge kills when peaceful factions and normal factions have a little hate war going on and keep lavaing each other, but apart from that its been fine,

If anything, the main thing Ive seen peaceful being used for are factions who want to set up a base without being hassled by people, then they disband and claim over the base they built while in peaceful, which is a fair way to use it I guess

Theres one peaceful faction who tnt and lava people without being provoked. Its random abuse like that which as the problem. Some factions do try and annoy the peacefuls but there are those out there who start it.

• 3 weeks later...

My guess is, the next map will be up in about 56 days (its halloween in 51 days, they like to update it on halloween). By then Janitors base will be finished and we'll of done a fair few events too :> Which is great too since the server is full almost all the time now, like it used to be :D Hopefully the base can be put up whenever the player count is down and it wont disrupt people as much..

What do you guys think about 1.8? I'm really looking forward to it, it feels like more of a PROPER update to the game instead of all these little tweaky buggy optimisation updates theyve been doing for the past half year.. Im especially looking forward to the beacon stars (totally gonna put one in the janitors tower), the picture frames (been waiting soooo long for something like that to be added) and the nightvision potions :> My only worry is the invisibility potions will be a pain in the arse on a PvP server..

My guess is, the next map will be up in about 56 days (its halloween in 51 days, they like to update it on halloween). By then Janitors base will be finished and we'll of done a fair few events too :> Which is great too since the server is full almost all the time now, like it used to be :D Hopefully the base can be put up whenever the player count is down and it wont disrupt people as much..

What do you guys think about 1.8? I'm really looking forward to it, it feels like more of a PROPER update to the game instead of all these little tweaky buggy optimisation updates theyve been doing for the past half year.. Im especially looking forward to the beacon stars (totally gonna put one in the janitors tower), the picture frames (been waiting soooo long for something like that to be added) and the nightvision potions :> My only worry is the invisibility potions will be a pain in the arse on a PvP server..

the invisibility potions don't work on items and armour so it's good.

the invisibility potions don't work on items and armour so it's good.

Thank goodness.