Mr. Green Gaming

LIKES---DISLIKES

But please don't look at Likes + Dislikes alone.

You know I don't really love the system. All it does is make people think 'oh 32 dislikes this map will be crap'. People only get more negative about the maps this way. And I think 80% of the maps has more dislikes than likes. The system doesn't have any use.

I think admins can much better just delete, or better yet fix, the maps that have bugs in them (there are too many), or maps that just don't really work smoothly. There are a lot of good maps that have bugs, but those bugs trigger people to vote dislike, and then the map gets 40 dislikes because of a random bug or ghostmode fuckup somewhere.

That's just how most of the human systems work. Just like xbox and PS3 fanboys. Xbox boys wil give Playstation a dislike before acually see the depth of it, or they give it a 1/10. And Playstation boys will give xbox a dislike or a 1/10. :yeah:

Because humans are such dipshits, a good rating system is hard to make.

If this like/dislike system is so flawed why is it still on?? lol....

Its still on 'cause its better than the 0-10 rating, and also, its better having this, than nothing.

I think its cool this way, its simple.

Where's the flaw?

This system is similar to YouTube's system.

I don't see YouTube removing this video just because it has a bunch of dislikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Bin, there will always be complains about something, people are never happy with nothing. They want everything perfect.

Ignore the damn rating system, and enjoy the fucking maps

Edited by weet

Where's the flaw?

This system is similar to YouTube's system.

I don't see YouTube removing this video just because it has a bunch of dislikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

No...... but if a video on youtube gets flagged for being innapropriate it gets taken down,

this is happening here now and it's still not being taken down.

The dislike/like buttons should be used as a ruler as for what the community demands in terms of maps. Sure it's not completely accurate(wich has been discussed before) but 32 dislikes vs 6 likes sends a pretty clear message i'd say...

The voting script might be fine the system just isn't,if the community complains admins should take appropriate actions accordingly. This is not happening so i call it a flawed system...

Not saying all maps with such negative ratings should be deleted just because they fall in a certain statistic category. I'm just saying that there are exceptions wich should be looked into for the server's sake.

So how is any map inappropriate? The only way it could be inappropriate is if it's unplayable/unfinishable.

There's no map matching the description in the server at the moment, as all maps get tested before they're uploaded.

If a map sucks it doesn't mean it's inappropriate, it could be boring, weird, too hard, but not inappropriate.

The only way it could be inappropriate is if it's unplayable/unfinishable.

So basicaly i create a map that takes 10 hours of racing to finish , it fits the criteria you just mentioned so you would not reject it? Come on Bin......

I can see why we are stuck with so many worthless maps....lol

I must say there are still lots of bugs in maps to find which ruin the gameplay.

And I remember reading this in a JakeSVK topic:

I'll be checking this topic regularly and judge your list. I do believe we need a map cleanup..

It's good to have such devoted players who want to help improve the server.

I'm looking forward to your help, Jake.

After which I posted maps with glitches in there a couple of times (to no avail), I even bumped it to requote a map after a few months, then I asked you in the server once or twice, and the last time you said you didn't feel like doing it, because you don't give a fuck about it or something like that.

And the most stupid bugs appear after testing too.

@ terminator: If it's a 10 hour map then Hijack will probably finish it in 24 minutes.

Edited by BlueYoshi97

The like/dislike system isn't working as it should. It's better to ask for the opinion of several players, and also ASK why they dislike a certain map and see if you can agree with it why it should be removed.

Just thinking out loud now. I haven't played much MTA, mainly because there are too many people thinking they can win races by not hitting the brake in the corners (has nothing to do with the topic, I know).

The like/dislike system isn't working as it should. It's better to ask for the opinion of several players, and also ASK why they dislike a certain map and see if you can agree with it why it should be removed.

That idea sounds too intelligent to work. 86% of MTA players are escaped grizzly bears.

Edited by BlueYoshi97

I'm very sorry but are u expecting that to work?

When the server had the rating system 0-10, if u rated 0 u had to explain why. In that days, i just typed, "'cause it sucks", "its boring", things like this, that don't help in anything.

Probably, as Yoshi sad, a small percentage of people will give an acurate answer, but, who the fuck is gonna read then? And mainly, who the fuck will care about that?

Its impossible to have +1000 maps, that everyone likes. Everyone loves Digital Desert, Waka-Waka, and i fucking hate then (their probably the maps with the most likes, last time i played Digital Desert it had almost 50 likes).

Terminator, just one thing. Bin said that they test the maps before uploading then, so, a 10h map its impossible to be uploaded. (and u wouldn't have the patience to make it ^^)

anyway idk why people keep asking this..

this is not the first topic about requiring the map rating system to work as a map deleter system and it appears it won't be the last as this discussion constantly gets fired up but the bottom line is we just can't rely on the players' opinion to delete a map.

Take the map in the first post for example.. It has 32 dislikes or so. It's NOT reliable statistics for deletion. That map is pretty cool in fact.

pretty impossible to achieve really..

the current system just changes to a random map

Indeed, personally I prefer the random system.

I have to say that system is unnecessary because the admins when they get the maps should see if they are good enough to upload it, if they have bugs or errors, if any, attempt to fix them, but that system is unnecessary and is only as an information and that's why the maps should not be deleted. There are many maps and everything is a matter of taste, maybe I like a lot of maps that some people do not like, everything in life is that, and admins are those who choose first if such a map must be uploaded to the server. They should know what to do.

Why not set up a team of dedicated MTA players and give them all maps on a test server.

Let them test all maps and give them a like/dislike voting system too, if their majority dislikes a map it could be really shit and deleted?

Just throwing an idea in the discussion. :)

Why not set up a team of dedicated MTA players and give them all maps on a test server.

Let them test all maps and give them a like/dislike voting system too, if their majority dislikes a map it could be really shit and deleted?

Just throwing an idea in the discussion. :)

^^

agree entirely. Most of the maps with lots of dislikes really are unfun, but there are a few that are actually good maps and take skill to finish or run it well. Take Can You Finish for example...that map is a bitch, but very technical. First time i played it i was like fuck this map, but i like it now.

Take the maps with the worst ratings, someone put up a test server with those maps on it, let people test them and get everyones honest opinion. Categories could be, delete, fix it, or leave it the way it is. Its not that hard.

And yes this debate has come up over and over, so lets do something about it so there is no moar debate!