Mr. Green Gaming

TPB is going down?

Cookie

Ywa/Clavus prepare to join the protest buy putting this site down tomorrow. (Like L4G will change something).

However that judge was just a dumb ass fag who gives their kids blackberry's. And since i am not @ ziggo or xs4all (Upc ftw)i have no blockade.

Also i do not use torrents anymore. I went to usenet.

BlueYoshi, like I suggested on IRC, it's probably best for you not to comment on this matter because you seem to be missing the point.

Unlike you, who may not be missing the point, but instead is too stubborn to accept it.

If you want to live your life just "accepting" things and getting screwed over by everyone in the process, who am I to stop you?

Granted, we can't do much about this ban because it's simply out of our reach.

Also, I'm not trying to oppose anyones opinion, I just don't like opinions that aren't backed up by proper arguments.

BlueYoshi, like I suggested on IRC, it's probably best for you not to comment on this matter because you seem to be missing the point.

Unlike you, who may not be missing the point, but instead is too stubborn to accept it.

If you want to live your life just "accepting" things and getting screwed over by everyone in the process, who am I to stop you?

Are you being screwed over? Why? What personal, direct disadvantages does this whole thing bring for the average Mayco in Sealand?

Are you being screwed over? Why? What personal, direct disadvantages does this whole thing bring for the average Mayco in Sealand?

If you just accept everything and don't oppose/question certain matters, you will get screwed with a lot in your life.

And no, I don't think I personally face direct disadvantages over this particular case. This it what I mean with "you're missing the point": The actual act of blocking TPB does not affect me, but the possible results of it might. If an organization like BREIN can make a provider block a website (and limit your freedom of speech), who's to say big companies can't start blocking out websites or content they don't want to have on the internet?

Besides, the whole "how does this affect you personally" question is just a matter of how you look at things. The fact that, say, the population of China is under pretty much a strict dictatorship/regime does not affect me much, if at all. That doesn't mean I'm not disgusted by it.

I'm not the most caring or person out there, but I like to see everyone treated with respect, and that includes basic rights like freedom of speech. Unfortunately BREIN may be laying the very foundation of something that will limit freedom of speech on the internet (much like SOPA).

(...)

This it what I mean with "you're missing the point": The actual act of blocking TPB does not affect me, but the possible results of it might. If an organization like BREIN can make a provider block a website (and limit your freedom of speech), who's to say big companies can't start blocking out websites or content they don't want to have on the internet?

(...)

Unfortunately BREIN may be laying the very foundation of something that will limit freedom of speech on the internet (much like SOPA).

I highlighted the reasons I'm calling you guys hypocrites. Look, I completely understand your concerns. But it's not true. It MIGHT be in the FUTURE, and I understand that you are worried it will happen. It's like me shooting a bullet through you head now, because you MIGHT have wanted to kill me in the future.

(...)

This it what I mean with "you're missing the point": The actual act of blocking TPB does not affect me, but the possible results of it might. If an organization like BREIN can make a provider block a website (and limit your freedom of speech), who's to say big companies can't start blocking out websites or content they don't want to have on the internet?

(...)

Unfortunately BREIN may be laying the very foundation of something that will limit freedom of speech on the internet (much like SOPA).

I highlighted the reasons I'm calling you guys hypocrites. Look, I completely understand your concerns. But it's not true. It MIGHT be in the FUTURE, and I understand that you are worried it will happen. It's like me shooting a bullet through you head now, because you MIGHT have wanted to kill me in the future.

That's like saying that we should start overpolluting the planet again because climate change only MIGHT come in the future.

(...)

(...)

That's like saying that we should start overpolluting the planet again because climate change only MIGHT come in the future.

Actually, no. For the pollution we have proof and we know it's destroying the planet. And even if we didn't have proof, this is about the world which is pretty important that we save it.

Still, no reason to protest against BREIN.

(...)

(...)

Actually, no. For the pollution we have proof and we know it's destroying the planet. And even if we didn't have proof, this is about the world which is pretty important that we save it.

The point wasn't whether global warming is true or not.

Its more like "Probably shouldnt let that person do this because he may do negative things with it".

Giving a child a gun, or letting convicts in a prison go shopping in a town nearby etc. Not guaranteed to cause bad shit to happen, but possible.

(...)

(...)

Then I suppose you also would have absolutely no objections against giving a head of state emergency powers when he declares the state of emergency?

He might use them to make the country a dictatorship, but if you use that argument you are a hypocrite, right?

Hitler used his emergency powers to reform the Weimar Replublic into a dictatorship.

Edited by Navo

Though in a way you have a point, I still think it's a bad attitude to just say "Oh well just let it happen BREIN is right anyway" (which they aren't since they're only doing it for the money). The bullet anology is pretty bad though. See it like this: Companies never bothered to sue ISPs because they thought it wouldn't work anyway. Now that BREIN showed that non-governmental organizations DO have power over the internet, they put a foot in the door for other companies.

And yes, I do use "might" and "maybe" and so on because I'm not saying it happened already. What I'm trying to bring across is that this verdict never should've passed in the first place. Not passing it would've prevented BREIN from getting that foot in the door for possible other companies.

Also:

(...) Look, I completely understand your concerns. But it's not true. (...)

Now you're making assumptions. If you really understood my concern, you'd know that you can't claim "But it's not true", because you do not know if it's true yet.

I highlighted the reasons I'm calling you guys hypocrites. (...)

You can call us hypocrites, but you have no reason to. No one is being a hypocrit in any way, unless one of us has also succesfully sued Ziggo and XS4ALL and I didn't hear about it.

Also, Navo raised a great point.

Pfff, taking over the internet, muahahahahah. Idiots... mortals.. fools..

Well, I'm off to check on the Skyrim wiki if murdering all of Whiterun (what I just did) will have any consequences for the rest of the story. I don't wanna lose quests and I always heard people say "quests don't change anything in Skyrim", but I'm pretty sure I just made the whole city in a locked up state.

*Goes to Stormcloak page.

Oh great, can't access it, blocked by S.O.P.A.

Wait a minute................................................. you............ you were right all this time?? They... they dare to block a The Elder Scrolls Wiki?????

FUCK THEM! FUCK YOU, MOTHERFUCKING S.O.P.A., MOTHERFUCKING BREIN, MOTHERFUCKING P.I.P.A. OR WHOEVER THE FUCK YOU ARE! FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!

Wha....whaa thw what is THIS? On top of the fucking page?

"STOP S.O.P.A. and P.I.P.A. - http://americancensorship.org/"

THIS ISN'T BY S.O.P.A., BUT THE RETARDS DID IT THEMSELF? THEY FUCKING ACTED LIKE THEY WERE MOTHERFUCKING SOPA OR PIPO AND THEY MOTHERFUCKING BLOCKED THEIR MOTHERFUCKING SELVES OUT OF THEIR MOTHERFUCKING NAMES????? AND YOU CALL THIS FAIR?

This action is only pulling me further from your side, but anyway: it's pretty ironic. YOU people are taking over your OWN internet and BLOCKING it yourSELVES. I should actually be mad at you for the same reason you're mad at them.

This action is only pulling me further from your side, but anyway: it's pretty ironic. YOU people are taking over your OWN internet and BLOCKING it yourSELVES. I should actually be mad at you for the same reason you're mad at them.

Theyre doing it to show what would happen if SOPA & PIPA pass.

The industry is trying to change other people so that they can carry on making money using their old methods, when in fact they should change how they market products to solve the problem instead.

As I've said before, people that torrent something normally wouldn't pay for it anyway, mainly because they can't afford to, so if anything its just increasing the in-balance between the rich and poor (as Tim said the other day)