Mr. Green Gaming

TPB is going down?

Cookie

Today we learned that we're being blocked - again! Yawn. When will they give up - we're still growing despite (or perhaps because) all their efforts.

So, if you live in Belgium (or maybe work at the European Union Parliament, we have thousands of visits from them every day) you should change your DNS in order to circumvent the blockage. You should do this anyhow - never trust your ISP.

There are some options! One is Googles DNS system. It is fast but run by an american company. Using this one is fun, because it probably makes Google semi-responsible for you accessing TPB in the future according to what we understand from this strange Belgian ruling! Click here to read how to do this.

You can also use OpenDNS, which is another great option! Click here for information on how to change DNS on your computer to OpenDNS, and here for info on how to change on your router.

And if you're tired of your ISP playing tricks on you, you can always just get a VPN. We're running our own VPN system and we never back down for idiocracy. This also lets you access the full internet freely where ever you are…

Fear not, :V

Heres the blog for the links so you can get around it http://thepiratebay.org/blog/195?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

also, http://torrentfreak.com/belgian-isps-ordered-to-block-the-pirate-bay-111004/

Edited by Dr.Minky

(even though, lets face it, everyone that's protesting for 'free internet', reeaally just wants to be able to illegally download material so they are technically kind of in the right..)

That's like saying we all support freedom of speech just so that we can can say fuck off to others.

A free, uncensored internet is one of the most important things to maintain in today's society.

(even though, lets face it, everyone that's protesting for 'free internet', reeaally just wants to be able to illegally download material so they are technically kind of in the right..)

That's like saying we all support freedom of speech just so that we can can say fuck off to others.

A free, uncensored internet is one of the most important things to maintain in today's society.

yV2oF3.jpg

Edited by Iulian

I know why it's bad I'm not stupid, and I'm well aware of the SOPA situation :V I was saying that really the majority of tpb IS illegal, and people act like they don't want it blocked for a different reason. I didnt word what I was saying very well,

I'm not saying I agree with it at all, I completely support with an open internet. The industry needs to change AROUND the internet and illegal downloading, not try and change the internet,

Its especially bad that they try things like SOPA, weeks after announcing that open access to the internet has been made a human right..

Edited by Dr.Minky

I see that Wikipedia is going to black out tonight to protest the stop online piracy act, SOPA.

That made me think.. if downloading stuff would be more difficult or even impossible, that would drive a wider gap between the poor and the rich. A poor boy like myself would never again be able to see a movie, play a videogame or listen to some music, unless they are invited by a friend who has the wealth to actually buy these things in a store. At school, you can't talk about all that stuff anymore, so the poor become even greater social outcasts. This will all result in more poverty, criminal behaviour and riots. With the financial and political crisis already going on, this could very well mean the end of mankind as we know it.

SOPA's shelved. PIPA is the deal at the moment.

The problem I have with this is a court is able to decide that our Internet is to be cencored. In my opinion this is too much power for a court and therefor this should only be possible by an act of parliament.

New article in our constitution, anyone?

Edited by Navo

They better block every file share site including rapidshare and other fileservers if they want to stop illegal downloading form happening, can't those bastards see that that is frigging impossible? and retarded.

They can, but they get millions of the record industry for arranging lawsuits like this. it's their way of making money.

They better block every file share site including rapidshare and other fileservers if they want to stop illegal downloading form happening, can't those bastards see that that is frigging impossible? and retarded.

They can, but they get millions of the record industry for arranging lawsuits like this. it's their way of making money.

Bah. They most likely can't. Half of the sods voting there don't even use the internet.

BlueYoshi, like I suggested on IRC, it's probably best for you not to comment on this matter because you seem to be missing the point.

Although it's not related to the BREIN situation, I hope Wikipedia's action gets some results. There are other sites that will go black as well, but they said they'd go down for 150 seconds (last time I read), which is not very impressive. My ISP's downtimes are longer than that.

Anyway, it's good that both Ziggo and XS4ALL decided to go to high court, though I don't have very high hopes for them. Though the fact that the PVV is also questioning the ban is a good thing, even if it's just publicity to get more voters. I pretty much disagree with the PVV on everything, but I do hope that in this case they make an impression on the court.