Mr. Green Gaming

TPB is going down?

Cookie

I'm here to cause unrest just because of the one simple fact: I hate those snot-nosed uptight corporate idiots who can and will attempt to cease and desist even the slightest copyright 'infringement', even if it would be protected under the law under, for example, fair use. If SOPA and/or PIPA passes, corporations can not only remove fair use material they deem as an infingement instantly, but to also override the constitution of a sovereign nation. There would about as much democracy working there as in a soviet people's republic.

Secondly, the guys who vote for these things are children of the cold war, with frail grasp of modern internet society, who are simply goaded by lobbers. Unless they are told what their actions will actually accomplish, the poor sods will smear the internet, which was also recently named a human right, with pseudo-righteous bullshit and censorship.

EDIT: Gah, bloody typo.

Edited by Baron Baconeer

Secondly, the guys who vote for these things are children of the cold war, with frail grasp of modern internet society, who are simply goaded by lobbers. Unless they are told what their actions will actually accomplish, the poor sods will smear the internet, which was also recently named a human right, with pseudo-righteous bullshit and censorship.

What are you, a centaur? If you can look into the future so well, use it for useful things.

I can see this discussion is going nowhere if people start to make up stories about communist-like Cold War children. I could make up some pretty inventive stories as well, but I don't feel like it.

So let's just say you're right about PIPOSOPA taking over your precious internet and turning it into a dictatorship - I yield. I can't take this idiotism no longer and I'll probably jump out the window if I read another story like this again.

SO I accept that fact, okay? BREIN SOPA PIPO taking over the internet, rage rage rage, sob sob sob, serious business, whine whine whine - okay. I won't think about this anymore. Ignore mode turned on and stuff.

I remain very disappointed in a lot of you... from some of you I expected nothing more, but quite a lot of you amaze me. You're spoiled, and you're making excuses for it. We're all rich-ass bastards here, and what are we doing, complaining that we have to pay for things.

I secretly hope all your money and luxury stuff will get robbed from you someday. Let's see if you can get everything back for fucking free.

Your anologies are just plain wrong and you don't want to see it. It's like saying "I always have sex without a condom. Sure, there's a chance that I get an STD, but there's also a chance that I won't get one, so that's what I'm going for".

Same with SOPA/PIPA. If these acts pass, there's a 99.9% chance that companies will start blocking content on the internet. If we follow your logic, SOPA/PIPA shouldn't be protested because there's still a 0.01% chance that companies won't even use it.

Maybe you are different than me, because in cases like these I think it's best to prepare the worst. Blocking TPB is just the first little step in a possible chain reaction of similiar events.

Note that I'm not just raging here because I want TPB to stay online. I don't need the pirate bay and my provider probably won't even block it. I just think the entire situation is shameful and I don't believe the judge who let this verdict pass knows a lot about the internet in general.

Probably my last post in response to BY, his mind won't change and his (in my opinion bad) arguments don't get me to think about the situation.

EDIT: Just read your last post BY, and you must be really, really thick. This is NOT about the fact that we want to pirate copyrighted content. You are missing the point entirely and you're probably better off not responding anymore. Please. For your own sake.

You know what I mean. Just because don't use the word 'might' and frankly don't happen to have much love for american government fiddling with world's affairs doesn't mean I'm playing the oracle of Delphine over here. I'm able and willing to pay for whatever I want to buy from the internets. My concern is about taking down my favourite shows in youtube, for example. There's no need to act the part of Antisthenes among the 'spoiled rich-asses'; We damn well already know that most of us have, are and will commit piracy regardless of the outcome, and none of us are trying to even excuse it.