Mr. Green Gaming

The Forum's Thoughts On MC Server.

awesomeo_5000

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the current set up of the server?

• Yes, I enjoy it and don't want any changes to be made.
    • Yes, but I think it needs some changes which I would love to write below!
    • No, I don't like how the server is set up and needs a complete overhaul.
    • I don't even play minecraft, I was just in the neighbourhood and thought I'd stop by.

As you old minecraft users would join the server after kicking people. So funny.

On one point you are right. But on the other... who is breaking all the fun on the server?

MC with greenies (aka active forum and community members) would be more fun as we have lots of people here. But since those kiddies joined, everything turned over.

On the other hand - from who would Clavus receive all the donations? :V

Maybe there should be "special" slots for community members? :o

Yes you would play the first week, because it becomes all fancy with the old minecraft players. There is a reason why you stopped, putting the excuse on the new players is simply lame. Everyone was a newcomer.

The game shouldn't be left4green user based, that would be pointless and dumb. Just another way to say, we don't want a minecraft server and want it to be shut down after a week.

As you old minecraft users would join the server after kicking people. So funny.

On one point you are right. But on the other... who is breaking all the fun on the server?

MC with greenies (aka active forum and community members) would be more fun as we have lots of people here. But since those kiddies joined, everything turned over.

On the other hand - from who would Clavus receive all the donations? :V

Maybe there should be "special" slots for community members? :o

Yes you would play the first week, because it becomes all fancy with the old minecraft players. There is a reason why you stopped, putting the excuse on the new players is simply lame. Everyone was a newcomer.

The game shouldn't be left4green user based, that would be pointless and dumb. Just another way to say, we don't want a minecraft server and want it to be shut down after a week.

Makes sense. But then it looks like that the server is running for other players, Hackers, cheaters etc only since it got boring to the community.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

I thought about making this, decided not to incase it just annoyed people ;v

(what I said in the last thread)

In my opinion, which I'm sure many will disagree with, minecraft.nl needs a re-think. Server hosting is expensive, and at the end of day l4g is paying to host a fairly expensive server that:

1) Doesn't appeal to its forum members at all

2) Barely brings in revenue

3) Is a pain to moderate, both in game for admins who no longer like playing the game AND with people posting complaints on the forums which seems to annoy the normal forum users and clog up the feeds (Although this problem of unban request threads has died down lately imo)

If its going to be hosted it should at LEAST appeal to the actual l4g users, instead of making a load of ''whiney kids'', if peoples donations/Clavus' money is going to be wasted on paying for a service that its users hate. Otherwise it should just be shut down, its burning money

Take the mc project i'm working on for example. Im trying to make that so people will enjoy playing it, the normal PC gamer, not just annoying people, by actually ASKING people what they want to see in the game. Whereas on .nl it very much seems just an endless cycle of the same game with the same problems and it gets very boring. It needs a re-vamp in the same way that ZS is getting re-done!

While I say this, I know the top crew are busy with stuff and are highly unlikely to do anything new with it anyway. Like I said, its just my opinion

I think there should be a complete overhaul of it, (and if not, just removed or have the server shifted to hosting a different game).

PLUGINS: The plugins depend on what new game mode would be decided. I think when doing a new server, its best to delete all the plugins and start again, as it gets a bit messy and you end up with plugins you don't need. The spamming plugin would need to be replaced either way.

GAME MODE: Faction wars can be good, but its ran its course here. Each time it resets its exactly the same (as I said before). While an awesome unique game mode would be nicen - like the SpaceCraft thing I'm trying to make - that does take much more time and effort, and you to consider the amount of time top crew would have. The game mode should be whatever the majority of l4g members want it to be, be it an edited faction wars, creative, vanilla, whatever. Maybe even get people from the forums to design a new game mode.

CONNECTION STABILITY: To have more slots would require a better server, which obviously costs even more money. Either find a cheaper host (suggestion http://goo.gl/CZMNJ ), make players pay a monthly subscription of like or 2 euros or something to have a place, or tell the players the server is shutting down to get them to leave, and host it under a different address (I see no other option, if it were to be members only joining you would just get tons of people spamming in the mc thread, which people complain about anyway).

COMMUNITY: Is terrible, and I'm sure the majority DON'T want it dragging on here. I don't know what else to say on that.. Ive heard several people refer to this as the MineCraft forum, which sucks ass considering the large and wide community of people here, and the amount of effort put into it all over the years.

ADMINISTRATION: Clavus is very picky with his admins, and that is a good thing, but there are also barely any people who play MineCraft who would be good admins anyway, so the chance of anyone on the server being made admin is miniscule. The current admins don't like it from what I've seen, and so its left un-moderated until someone posts stuff on here and they can fix it. Only way to fix that is to get descent players to WANT to play it from the forums, which youd have to do by doing an overhaul of the server (or bribing them with sweets). As I said, if it were a communal design of the server than that wouldn't be an issue.

FRUSTRATIONS: (for me) The community, the cost to the forums; the lack of respect to admins; the lack of admins; the fact it sucks; the fact that barely anyone on the forums likes it.

Issues with the lag, players, plugin issues etc. are obvious. I think what a better question is wether or not you don't play because of THOSE problems, or just because you are just bored of it as well. For me its the later,

The reason most people play on this server is because of the factions.

Factions is good for building team skills.

A couple of suggestions....

#New admins (that are active)

#/tpa and /sethome commands for players were the other player has to go /tpaccept (can't do in enemy territory or neutral nor allies)

#New anti-spamming plugin.

#Anti xray......

,stardude

Enable claiming in the nether and safe zone claim the portals in the nether as well (some of them if not all, with "all" is impossible so... most of them). Tired of ppl using X-ray to find and steal from nether wart farms because nothing can be claimed >:l

Yeah claiming in the nether should be allowed and each faction should be able to claim 4 patches in the nether (not attached) and in the real world claims shouldn't have to be attached ;9

Yeah claiming in the nether should be allowed and each faction should be able to claim 4 patches in the nether (not attached) and in the real world claims shouldn't have to be attached ;9

Everyone said that last map, and Clavus did it, and after an hour there were hundreds of random claims everywhere like before and he put it back to normal. Not gonna happen :V

Everyone said that last map, and Clavus did it, and after an hour there were hundreds of random claims everywhere like before and he put it back to normal. Not gonna happen :V

Than people can't claim end portals or other useful land marks.

Edited by stardude9

Ok This is an idea I think we should just have a white-list, or a registration system. Then, if you have a forum account, you can play. That way all the little Dutch 12 year olds will just go away cause their mommies wont let them make an account. Genius right?

Ok This is an idea I think we should just have a white-list, or a registration system. Then, if you have a forum account, you can play. That way all the little Dutch 12 year olds will just go away cause their mommies wont let them make an account. Genius right?

Yes the kids are a piss off but what's even more frustrating is to play on a Server when the admin only signs in to edit a new map. Then, if the admin had enough care left, he'd still brush off the incoming suggestions to make this rapidly downgrading server, better. Examples:

What? Someone gets all the Nether-Warts, refuses to sell them sometimes.

Result? Various topics about enabling Nether-Claiming

Answer No.

Effect? People who need Nether-Warts leave the server.

What? A hacker killed me and my friends and raided my faction.

Result? A recording posted on the forum, or ban requests.

Answer Varies, even if the proof is correct.

Effect? Player/Faction disbands and leaves the server.

What? Enemy X-Rayers have found tonnes of diamonds within 1-2 hours

Result? Ban request, suggestion of Anti-XRay + FoundDiamonds Plugins = Win

Answer No.

Effect? Player(s) leave the server.

If you're just gonna neglect the MineCraft Server, you might as well just shut it the fuck down.

Edited by Drainal

This might help with the hacker problems: So most hackers use the Zombe Mod pack, and on some servers, they have a thing where if you paste something somewhere, it makes zombemod not work. Look at this:

idk if it will work! I didnt really look into it that much.

People should just be able to claim what they can, the great thing about claiming is that you can only claim what you can (land to power ratio). So as I have stated before. CLAIMING IN THE NETHER SHOULD BE ENABLED! :V :V :V

The anti-xray plug in was trialed before apparently but practically melted the server. I told Corby to suggest FoundDiamonds ages ago, but I think it was ruled against.

Nether claiming is a toughie. People abuse it. If it were up to me, I'd make a nether portal at spawn when the world was created, and then safe zone the other side of it. If I were to enable nether claiming. I'd say no more than 2 land, connected. Purely for use of a wart farm. Anything else is just asking for problems.

NO. NO. NONONONONO! NO! NO!!

Dont drag them all on to here..

NO. NO. NONONONONO! NO! NO!!

Dont drag them all on to here..

Besides, it has already been said innumerable times that the admins can't be bothered to go trough dozens of half-assed applications made by illiterate brats.

The MineCraft players raging about random hackers are already annoying.

Not to mention the random topics where players are bragging about their little magic sword or equip.

It would be even worse if those kids even started spamming random whitelist requests.

Anyways, I think that even players being alone should be able to claim a place to stay. Of course it would be quite small, but still able to set home.

Edited by Quert

Actually I have noticed one thing.

There are no moderation at all. You can do whatever you want. Install mods to prevent hacking, logging w/e, it won't work. Everything isn't black/white to just let a mod control everything.

Corby is out of town, there are no one to even contact. No one to maintain the balanced gameplay.

The minecraft server is such a pain in the ass to play on when no one plays it fairly. Just a small refection on the hacker topics explain everything pretty well.

Sad minecraft.nl has come down to this.