Mr. Green Gaming

The Forum's Thoughts On MC Server.

awesomeo_5000

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the current set up of the server?

• Yes, I enjoy it and don't want any changes to be made.
    • Yes, but I think it needs some changes which I would love to write below!
    • No, I don't like how the server is set up and needs a complete overhaul.
    • I don't even play minecraft, I was just in the neighbourhood and thought I'd stop by.

I think that the real problem is that no admins are really on the server. Corby is really the only one and he cant do everything by himself.

No one wants to be admin, which isnt that surprising.. But then the few people who DO want to be admins Clav doesn't want as admins

I for one would only want to be an admin if I could be in the Gods faction, and use it for its original purpose :V The normal faction wars is too boring now.. Maybe Clav needs to make an insentive for decent users to want to be admin, like replace the Gods faction with an Overlord faction, which the admins could be in and also another player or two who are friends with that person (who are trusted)

That way they get to watch over it, moderate it, build little adventure things on the map, make it interesting, instill a sense of authority over the server, + the moderators who arent admins could still check up on people who might be hackers. Hell, I know I'd leap at the chance to do that anyway

I for one would only want to be an admin if I could be in the Gods faction, and use it for its original purpose :V The normal faction wars is too boring now.. Maybe Clav needs to make an insentive for decent users to want to be admin, like replace the Gods faction with an Overlord faction, which the admins could be in and also another player or two who are friends with that person (who are trusted)

That way they get to watch over it, moderate it, build little adventure things on the map, make it interesting, instill a sense of authority over the server, + the moderators who arent admins could still check up on people who might be hackers. Hell, I know I'd leap at the chance to do that anyway

You do know thats how the Gods faction is meant to work anyway?

And as for admin, its a case of all responsible people don't want MC admin because of bitchy kids. And only the people who would quickly admin power abuse apply for MC admin.

Catch 21 scenario.

You do know thats how the Gods faction is meant to work anyway?

...be in the Gods faction, and use it for its original purpose...

And as for admin, its a case of all responsible people don't want MC admin because of bitchy kids. And only the people who would quickly admin power abuse apply for MC admin.

Catch 21 scenario.

Exactly what I said, there needs to be an incentive for decent users to WANT to admin the servers

alwaysdoasMinkysays,trustinminky,BELIEVEinMinky,Minkywillleadyoutoabetterplace,ahappierplace,filledwithterribleideasanddeadMineCraftplayers

d6ecec58.gif

Edited by Dr.Minky

So some people want a building server, others want war.

What if we were to create a l4g faction and allow it to be set to peaceful. If we set up base far to the edge of the world, and just enjoy building then it could offer a bit more entertainment for l4g members that don't enjoy the factionwars side to things. To join you'd have to be a known member on the forums, and not provoke attack or try and abuse the peaceful setting.

It might encourage some more spectacular builds, and allow for a more positive outlook to the members who at the moment seem to feel it is not part of their community.

Just an idea.

My thoughts:

On the topic of a new map generation we should wait until the "jungle" update to allow for the exclusive jungle biome to be generated within the world.

On the topic of having a survival / free build / factions world then my thoughts lie somewhere in the middle. If there was enough RAM to allow a second world then there could be a factions world, running alongside a survival world, where the hardcore PVP players could truly have fun whilst those players who enjoy the building / survival against mobs rather than players aspects of the game.

A different thought could be to use the Towny plugin rather than factions to allow for the organized wars rather than the disorganized and majorly chaotic wars that currently occur. Having Towny with a medium - small amount of nations with wartime set on at the weekends then it would allow for PVP to occur in the safe town spots. Wilderness on the Towny set-up could and should still be PVP enabled allowing for those players looking for a fight midweek to get one.

I'll look at allowing a limited number of peaceful factions in the next world.

Also, seeing as how Jeb is experimenting with a new world format and I've started working on the Minecraft Green-Coins shop, I think it's best if we postpone moving to a new world a little longer.

If there will be peacefull factions it has to be impossible for them to get not peacefull etc.

People will just use peacefull factions for a while till they have enough recources and then they'll go to a war faction ..

When will the new world be expected then ?

Edited by Mathijs1996

Peaceful factions have to be assigned/deassigned by an admin. They can't nominate themselves, so that won't be a problem. I imagine with the combination of info given in Clavus' post, he is working on allowing you to purchase peaceful faction status (speculation only)

New map will doubtfully be for a while. An update to MC isn't imminent, and sorting the green coin shop can't be easy, quick work.

You're right awesomeo, economy takes AGES to do (properly).. Dont expect it for a while :V

I love the idea of a L4G faction, and it would actually get players who could be used as admins to play! As long as it was kept strict about who could be put in it, otherwise people will just join the forums to ask to join that faction which would be annoying

And MultiWorlds is a bad idea unless the servers upgraded, its fine if you have one or two people in a different world but the more people and more area you cover over different worlds, it starts to rage :V

Edited by Dr.Minky

Its clear now,

Almost everyone out there is still cblogging, reachhacking, autoclicking, xraying, speedhacking

AND NO BANS

All the players that play this game fair are almost forced to leave because they are getting killed by hackers

The only options these fair playing gamers have is installing hax theirselves to cope the hackers.

I'm getting really tired of being in the middle of a fight and someone hits 8 hearts in once and later he appears to have bane of Arthropods.

All these hacks make the server so suckish to play on, in combination with the lagg everyone who plays fair just quits playing.

I'm not saying that Clavus and Corby don't do their work properly but there is so few attention at the server what makes it even more worse and so on.

The cblogg plugg-in worked for 1 day then everyone knew how to be not killed by it.

I don't know much about plugg-in's but can't you autokill people that logg of while they were in combat ?

Can't you autokill people that go say 1.1 times faster for 3 seconds in water ?

Can't you autokill people that hit another one 8 times in 2 seconds ?

I know, the server wont be able to run this since it's in a crap condition if we are hounoust.

But if the donating system for mc starts working I honestly think this should be invested in upgrading the server so it can cope the plugg-in's

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that's owning noobs and has wonderfull loot when suddenly an autoclicker speedhacker comes out of nowhere and just insta-kills you.

That's why I beg the Top-Crew to make the server HACKER PROOF.

Math,

representing all the fair playing MC-guys

Scourge- Evil Never Dies

It's all kind of linked in my eyes.

Until the server becomes better, administration will be sparse because people don't want to play on it.

Until people play on it, the hackers won't receive bans as efficiently as they should.

Until the hackers are banned, people won't enjoy the server and so won't donate.

Until people donate, the server won't become better.

So really, it boils down to donations. And Clavus already mentioned he's working on getting this sorted; we just have to wait.

This graph explains things further:Screen%20Shot%202012-02-10%20at%2019.07.47.png

Edited by awesomeo_5000

Until the server becomes better, administration will be sparse because people don't want to play on it.

Until people play on it, the hackers won't receive bans as efficiently as they should.

Until the hackers are banned, people won't enjoy the server and so won't donate.

Until people donate, the server won't become better.

So really, it boils down to donations. And Clavus already mentioned he's working on getting this sorted; we just have to wait.

But more the first point, making the server better so people will want to play on it :V

I still think the L4G faction (or similar) is a great idea, they could help moderate :V

NtB2x.gif

The most annoying bullshit on this server atm. is people are able to use TNT WITHIN faction area (no it isn't creepers, no they didn't use a cannon). The TNT is detonated by hand, tossed and exploded within faction area. That means, you can enter a faction area, detonate TNT in your hand, toss it, explode the chests around, and grab free stuff.

The most annoying bullshit on this server atm. is people are able to use TNT WITHIN faction area (no it isn't creepers, no they didn't use a cannon). The TNT is detonated by hand, tossed and exploded within faction area. That means, you can enter a faction area, detonate TNT in your hand, toss it, explode the chests around, and grab free stuff.

That's a loophole in the Faction's plug in, and not an issue limited to this server. It'll more than likely be patched by the plug in creators.

I also just wanna take a moment to take credit for discovering it.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

That's a loophole in the Faction's plug in, and not an issue limited to this server. It'll more than likely be patched by the plug in creators.

Good job, TNT in faction walls, lol we don't even need to claim anymore.

Hope it gets fixed soon. Because seems like aFaction knows how to abuse this shit :)

Edited by ruCsan

SUGGESTION: Clavus, you just said you were thinking of putting in peaceful factions, implement a peaceful faction containing 'moderators', which aren't full admins, BUT they are given access to the TP command, and can warp to and capture evidence of accused hackers then post on IRC to any server admins. Then the faction would normally just play vanilla MineCraft and build things/trade or whatever

I see no reason at all why this shouldn't be implemented. It would make things a LOT easier, and drastically reduce the amount of hackers,

Edited by Dr.Minky

Good job, TNT in faction walls, lol we don't even need to claim anymore.

Hope it gets fixed soon. Because seems like aFaction knows how to abuse this shit :)

I don't know if that's meant to be a compliment but that little glitch is patched we tried it the other day whilst raiding. Just saying :D.

SUGGESTION: Clavus, you just said you were thinking of putting in peaceful factions, implement a peaceful faction containing 'moderators', which aren't full admins, BUT they are given access to the TP command, and can warp to and capture evidence of accused hackers then post on IRC to any server admins. Then the faction would normally just play vanilla MineCraft and build things/trade or whatever

I see no reason at all why this shouldn't be implemented. It would make things a LOT easier, and drastically reduce the amount of hackers,

Not sure, but isn't the only way to give rights to tp command by op'ping someone?

I think naturally those in the faction will be (or should be) greens and the sort, and therefore have more of a presence on the forums and IRC to pass on reports of foul play. But they shouldn't necessarily be given mod/admin rights unless earned through an official application and approval. The faction should be expected to help out the newcomers to the server, make people aware of the forums and donations procedures and ensure people know that cheating is bad m'kay. Then those helpful souls can say, I wanna be admin. I help out all the time and I think I'm mature enough and all I do is build forts and shit so I can has admin?

I forget what I'm writing about.

The faction should be expected to help out the newcomers to the server, make people aware of the forums and donations procedures and ensure people know that cheating is bad m'kay. Then those helpful souls can say, I wanna be admin. I help out all the time and I think I'm mature enough and all I do is build forts and shit so I can has admin?

That's what we'll do with the l4g faction then, i'll post a thread in the Greens lounge tomorrow about it or something since that'll make it more targeted, I think even just having the presence of at least a partially authoritive faction on the server should help..

(btw there are some resources for you to go raiding with now if you get bored :V)