Mr. Green Gaming

MineCraft: The solution to the servers problems

Why not have the janitors be at the spawn? more atractive when you first come in

It's always been this servers style to have a minimalistic spawn. And having it so close to newcomers eyes would only make them ask 'How does one noble chap like myself become one of these 'Janitors'?' repeatedly.

Not to mention it's kinda flaunting it in peoples faces. I prefer Average Joe's ethos to Globo Gym's: 'We're better than you, and we know it.'

Edited by awesomeo_5000

So who would lead the Janitors? I'd actually like to be a part of this if Juan isn't too upset with me leaving him alone.

There needs to be a hierarchal structure in terms of power; Ultimately Clavus and YWA would be in charge, filtered down through the various levels of administration. Then Janitors, then Greens, then regulars.

Of course this is only superficial. How the faction is run in terms of playing for enjoyment vs. utilitarian roles would be totally up to whoever's in the faction and their strengths and weaknesses.

I think the important thing to take from this thread is not necessarily the faction side of things, but the idea of 'Janitors' - in whatever form - that go around maintaining the world and introducing more community focussed events to drive donations. A lot of people are unaware of the GC shop, and the Janitors would act as a walking advertisment: Oh how do I get a peaceful faction. Wait I don't see you on the map you hacker how do you do that! etc.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

I think the important thing to take from this thread is not necessarily the faction side of things, but the idea of 'Janitors' - in whatever form - that go around maintaining the world and introducing more community focussed events to drive donations. A lot of people are unaware of the GC shop, and the Janitors would act as a walking advertisment: Oh how do I get a peaceful faction. Wait I don't see you on the map you hacker how do you do that! etc.

Agreed

Sounds like a benefit for the many, the server receives walking advertisements, Users will get useful information, and the server will be properly taken care of. This idea is amazing, will there be separate "offices" for things such as public events and clean up?

What do you mean by offices? I'll reply based on my assumption: I don't know, it depends how Clavus would want to run things. But in my mind there would be a second class of 'employed' players (in addition to admins) who have a communal responsibility to make sure things like biome clean ups or event hostings get done. How they choose to delegate their time and responsibility is up to them: As long as the work gets done.

Creating more roles for individual tasks would just add another layer of complexity to it.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

The role you described as "Janitors" sounds pretty much like moderator without any admin rights. How would a Janitor report be faster then someone frapsing a hacker and putting it on the forum?. I do think the server needs more active moderators trough, which should focus on some of the points in the mainpost, increasing the quality & fun in the server.

I believe you currently lose most "potential" players because they don't understand how faction wars works. When I started a few months ago with minecraft I didn't even know how to run... Then I got in blackbird and they pretty much learned me how faction wars actually works. Consider you'r a new players and testing out this server, walk out the safe zone and get killed by players in full diamond for like 5 times in a row, then you'r leaving and never coming back.

Maybe it's a good idea to let people write books (I think you can do that next patch) which will be placed in the spawnzone explaining how the power/claimed land system works, explaining there's a dynmap and that's probaly the reason you get found in the middle of nowhere, explaining there's a greencoin shop etc. (the /f help function isn't really good)

Now you sometimes kill players by walking towards them with dynmap, kill them, claim there base, and they are completely puzzled how you could claim there land. (omg hacker, that land was claimed!)

If you understand the game you ask more friends to play with you, and the factions that know how it works (discord, lrg etc.) are the ones "staying on the server". Some even buy new accounts (sacrevy, middmartijn) because they want to play on it.

TLDR: give new players more information about how faction wars work and have more moderators

Edited by hulpje

This idea is really good,

but I don't see why you need to remove bases. It feels like a real 'war' server with all the ruins. Okay, 1x1 holes got to be removed and the flying bushes are stupid to, but big craters and ruins are actually pretty nice.

For all the rest I totally agree, with the next 1.3 update Clavus will have even more knowledge about who's using client mods. Can't wait! :D

So basically the Gods faction. I'm not giving WorldEdit to anyone I can't punch in the face personally in case of abuse. :V

No, its not the gods faction, if you read it properly you would see that. But fine, you could even just strip world edit part, personally I dont think that is an issue as its not like moderators are your average Joe, but I dont see how you can look at this post with almost every single person saying its a good idea and just go 'nah' without even acknowledging any of the proposed ideas in it.

I think this is a really great idea. Too many people with mod rights can cause problems, and I think that having people go around and keep the map be clean is something that would really benefit the server.

I agree with everything you suggested except for the teleporter idea. It seems sort of redunant with the glitch to spawn trick. I would appreciate more of clavus' teleporters on the next map as on this one you can only go north-south using them.

Sounds like a benefit for the many, the server receives walking advertisements, Users will get useful information, and the server will be properly taken care of. This idea is amazing,

It does sound like it would really help the server. Hopefully Clavus feels the same way!

I don't think there's anyone who's both willing and competent to be an admin there who actually actively plays the game.

The people who use xray to spot spawners, end portals, caves, ravines, ...

aren't included in this number right?

NOPE.

Kay lately there are a lot of freecammers on the server,

People who get true 7 blocks thick walls

People who can press a button behind a solid 3 block wall

I've checked all 3 portals and this dude even admitted he uses freecam, like a lot of other people do.

But isn't there really no solution for this ? Cause everybody is hacking like shit except for xray and pvp hacks.

I hope you guys understand my point, and I hope that someone can fix this.

Thats stupid, ignorant and frankly just lazy considering the amount of potential donations there are in the MineCraft server and sheer number of players that REGULARLY go on here. I don't even play on the MineCraft server, yet I still put the effort in to do this and try to make it better for those that DO play it. Being the owner I would expect you to do the same

Apologies if I come across as being rude.

Edited by Dr.Minky

Like I said on Teamspeak last night Minky. Clavus will say no " By the way Louis Clavus will say no knowing Clavus " -_-

Well I said he'd say no when we first came up with the idea too.. I was hoping he'd actually acknowledge the majority idea this time instead of ignoring it like normal

Edited by Dr.Minky

Now if he gave me WorldEdit I would just TNT the whole fucking server >:D

^ Possibility of a rouge janitor ^

But why is that even a problem, its not like you'd go looking for a Janitor and go pick Drainal or ZomBitch would you?

The point was that you have moderators which are still trusted members who WOULDN'T do shit like that without having to be so picky as to hire admins as they would have much more restricted access to what they can do.. You'd only need like 3 or 4 janitors and you would have the entire server covered every single day, like normal servers are that actually bother to get admins and moderators

Now if he gave me WorldEdit I would just TNT the whole fucking server >:D

^ Possibility of a rouge janitor ^

But why is that even a problem, its not like you'd go looking for a Janitor and go pick Drainal or ZomBitch would you?

The point was that you have moderators which are still trusted members who WOULDN'T do shit like that without having to be so picky as to hire admins as they would have much more restricted access to what they can do.. You'd only need like 3 or 4 janitors and you would have the entire server covered every single day, like normal servers are that actually bother to get admins and moderators

There is a trend of the forums. You have the people that will get picked and then get bored of having to go around the server all the time and fix it up. Then you will get the people that ' might ' abuse the role. It's all well and good saying they're trusted, but the only trusted person that Clavus would let do this is ether that random dude that use to fly around and do nothing all day or me because I am the most trusted person with TNT here and Lava of course.

Edited by Luke Nukem

There is a trend of the forums. You have the people that will get picked and then get bored of having to go around the server all the time and fix it up. Then you will get the people that ' might ' abuse the role. It's all well and good saying they're trusted, but the only trusted person that Clavus would let do this is ether that random dude that use to fly around and do nothing all day.

That reflects on TC not acknowledging the players, not the players not being good enough

Edited by Dr.Minky

There is a trend of the forums. You have the people that will get picked and then get bored of having to go around the server all the time and fix it up. Then you will get the people that ' might ' abuse the role. It's all well and good saying they're trusted, but the only trusted person that Clavus would let do this is ether that random dude that use to fly around and do nothing all day.

That reflects on TC not acknowledging the players, not the players not being good enough

Server admins and Global admins should do this at the end of the day. Seeing as it is their role to keep the server maintenance at a high standard all week round.

What if you add the plugin: Buildcraft?

It has a teleporter I think thats powered by energy, would make minecraft more interesting for some, i suppose.

The main MP version is tekkit I think, and it would require everyone to download a client to play. Not to mention the sheer vastness of what's included in that mod - a lot of redundant features for something we have a dedicated plug in for.

That being said, buildcraft is god damn amazing, and the technic pack is even better.