Mr. Green Gaming

MineCraft: The solution to the servers problems

Such a great idea killed by such stupid people.

So that would relate to Clavus saying no.

Takes balls to call the owner of the Community you play on stupid luke.

Feel free to post your support or criticism, and if you agree then please make that clear in this thread because often community ideas like this can just be straight up ignored - TC need to know if it is a good idea.

Clavus has disagreed with this idea and stated he wants to personally know anyone he's putting this much responsibility in to. If something like this went wrong It could damage the amount of dedicated players to the server, so in some sense Clavus' response was smart, not stupud.

Such a great idea killed by such stupid people.

So that would relate to Clavus saying no.

Takes balls to call the owner of the Community you play on stupid luke.

Feel free to post your support or criticism, and if you agree then please make that clear in this thread because often community ideas like this can just be straight up ignored - TC need to know if it is a good idea.

Clavus has disagreed with this idea and stated he wants to personally know anyone he's putting this much responsibility in to. If something like this went wrong It could damage the amount of dedicated players to the server, so in some sense Clavus' response was smart, not stupud.

You might want to read the relation of my comment first before you accuse me. I was basically saying that auto was calling Clavus stupid seeing as he was referring to the ones that said no to this idea.

I.E "Such a great idea killed by such stupid people." Him calling Clavus stupid and me questioning him on his statement. Why would I call the owner of the community stupid seeing as what he says goes.

The main problem is Minky, this system of special players that you propose ends up taking more of my time in the end, be it in the implementation or the maintenance. Also most of the privileges you described I would only trust to admins.

If its so time consuming, and you barely play the game, why don't you find some new admins (which are needed anyway) and then eventually hand down the management of the MineCraft server to one of the admins? That is a serious suggestion,

Because, to be be blunt, you don't really seem to care about what happens with the server aside from making everything 'mediocre' and getting a few donations in the process, which is understandable - I don't think anyone would expect you too for every single game - but then if you don't care about it or want to put time into it then why try and keep full control over it? The same way that Necrossin is are more responsible for the ZS/IW stuff.

Things like the MineCraft server CAN'T be lead properly on your own, yet that is how it is done here while everywhere else has constant moderation and support to the players, to quote someone else who messaged me about this thread

I got this other server for example; at least 1 mod on all the fricking time, They got like 500* profit a WEEK! It has 200 slots and it doesn't lagg even tough it's located in America. Everything is nicely explained, and the community has it's say...

and while you say you don't want to lose members, the number of players on the server has already dropped significantly compared to how it used to be so another person told me. You find it hard to find admins as it is, but how can you even CHOSE admins for your server when you haven't seen them IG? The admins recruited are always people that you know on a friendly level and so trust, but you don't know the people on the server.

As before, sorry if I appear rude, but just because you own the server I don't think that instantly means everyone should agree with you. If it's going to be run as a monarchy then why bother.

I challenge you to a pokemon battle

Edited by Dr.Minky

I choose Ho-oh. Ho-oh used Sacred Fire! Minky fainted. Before he could even pick a pokemon.

Yes, I don't spend all that much time on Minecraft right now because I am but one person, and our community is sort of build around that and restricted by that. The Factions plugin is meant to allow the server to be self-maintaining. Using as less admin involvement as possible, only to ban cheaters. I really prefer any option that are new automated game elements (new plugins) than having elaborate systems that involve specific people fulfilling specific roles.

On the topic of events: they cost time to set up. So instead of me having to do stuff, set it up yourselves up to the point that you'd need me. For example, for another Spleef tournament you can build up an arena, set up team subscriptions on the forum, and do all that stuff and then contact me to arrange rewards / worldedit powers to finish it off. If you can save me time I'm easily willing to cooperate.

Would it be possible to code a plug in (if one doesn't already exist) that would auto-decay player placed blocks in the wilderness above a certain height? I dunno what the limitations with minecraft modding are. But you could perhaps include trees as man made after they have 2 or more blocks removed.

Or some kind of biome regeneration, like the terraformer on buildcraft. To repair griefed land and make the maps more sustainable?

I'd love to organise community stuff but with the amount I play recently, it would take me forever to get the blocks, let alone build the arena. But I'll see what I can come up with over the summer :)

Edit: Oh and Minky: less people are playing the server. I have noticed I've not had any problems lately getting on, it's always been about 40-60/100. And a lot of the older players simply don't go on anymore. Mungols are no more, Rangers barely play, Vegeta, Mr. Darkness, Pokemaster, Jinrai and his band of merry men (not that that is a bad thing).

Edited by awesomeo_5000

...Mungols are no more...

Actually, in our case its more the game's, not the server's fault. All of us got fed up with the game after the armor update and enchanting which seriously wrecked the game for us.

Yeah it's wrecked my enjoyment of the PVP aspect of Minecraft, which only accounts for what... 90% of the server?

I wasn't trying to imply it's the server's fault we've all left, though it did sound that way. Just noting that there does seem to be a lot less players these days, certainly fewer familiar faces anyway. More than anything the reasoning behind this thread is because of the drastic changes Mojang have implemented means there really are only a handful of forum members that regularly play now, just thought this could be a way to get some of you guys involved again.

I miss Pokemaster deeply.

I choose Ho-oh. Ho-oh used Sacred Fire! Minky fainted. Before he could even pick a pokemon.

50273_23435194307_7376929_n.jpg

(entire forum just stops working)

MISSINGO DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY YOU IGNORANT TWAT

Use PokéWTrainer instead.

YOU FOOLS. YOU'LL KILL US ALL BY USING HIM.

50273_23435194307_7376929_n.jpg

(entire forum just stops working)

MISSINGO DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY YOU IGNORANT TWAT

Use PokéWTrainer instead.

YOU FOOLS. YOU'LL KILL US ALL BY USING HIM.

No one will understand that they got Muk and scrambled him up and created MISSINGO!! :D

I think a new teleportation system is much needed. At the moment on the current map there is only two safe zones and a spawn which lie in the middle of the map. How can you expect people to travel for a ridiculous amount of time from one side of the map to the other, its just too much.. i think there should be at least 4 teleporters going to roughly each corner of the map and then a centre spawn point. Also i think the idea of having teleporters in peoples houses would be a good idea but i'm wary that it's guno cost a lot of GC's. Also what if you faction got claimed over? Would someone just claim the teleporter off you or would it stay with you in your next claim?

...Mungols are no more...

Actually, in our case its more the game's, not the server's fault. All of us got fed up with the game after the armor update and enchanting which seriously wrecked the game for us.

Hmm I was thinking. Maybe it would be fun if for one map reset, enchanting and potions and that crap was taken out? It would bring back a lot of players and would be kinda fun.

Interesting derailed thread that had some potential before I believe. If Clavus told me how I'd add some teleporters in. Maybe a second admin is required now. Although I still haven't had many problems maintaining the server still.

Interesting derailed thread that had some potential before I believe. If Clavus told me how I'd add some teleporters in. Maybe a second admin is required now. Although I still haven't had many problems maintaining the server still.

Indeed, you're doing a great work. When you can come on the server you're always doing your admin work which I find fascinating :D If you didn't have to go to college you'd probably banned more players then Clavus' xray plugin! :D