Mr. Green Gaming

Mr. Green sprays

New crossword spray, due to being spammed about re-doing it :/

With this one, I've colour-coded the admin levels :P

post-117-1251678871_thumb.jpg

(It did end up too small, and I couldnt be bothered to re-size everything, so thats why there's a massive title :V)

Didn't know we had an admin named Aiurk.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can easily put Hundred2 in it..

The U goes tru cowchucker.

O well, its a Admin crossword. not a Admin+Green crossword ;)

Im in need of good sprays, but each time when i import one. it doesnt work.

Or it says Cant import spray, how do i do it myself?

Edited by Hundred2
New crossword spray, due to being spammed about re-doing it :/

With this one, I've colour-coded the admin levels :P

post-117-1251678871_thumb.jpg

(It did end up too small, and I couldnt be bothered to re-size everything, so thats why there's a massive title :V)

Didn't know we had an admin named Aiurk.

Never heard of Dbrgsacrifical either O.o

Strange...

Another nice crossword Error ^^

VTF - Valve Texture File

Yeah, i know that, but what do we/you need them for? :P

It's the texture itself.

Without it, you won't see anything. Like if you have made a concrete wall texture, you will see the concrete texture. It's simple.

VMT = Valve Material Texture.

That defines what properties it has. Is it concrete, does it glow, what bumbmap does it have, folder specification.

Simply, you need them both.

Edited by Botervloot
VTF - Valve Texture File

It's the texture itself.

Without it, you won't see anything. Like if you have made a concrete wall texture, you will see the concrete texture. It's simple.

That defines what properties it has. Is it concrete, does it glow, what bumbmap does it have, folder specification.

Yes i understood that. Its a material file, but what do we need them for? make walls covered in admin crosswords? :P (omg i just realized how awesome that must've been)

VTF - Valve Texture File

It's the texture itself.

Yes i understood that. Its a material file, but what do we need them for? make walls covered in admin crosswords? :P (omg i just realized how awesome that must've been)

That's the VTF. Like this:

post-48-1251754988_thumb.jpg

This is a wooden floor texture. You just make it a .tga *saves quality* and convert it to a .vtf.

If you want to have something like that on it, you simply draw it on it:

post-48-1251755054_thumb.jpg

It's that simple. You can just do that in Gimp, photoshop ect. You have to do this in the VTF.

With the VMT, however, is something different.

The VMT produces the effects that come off it. Say, you make it "feel", and "act" like wood, you make a wooden command in the VMT. Or you want it to glow, then you add $selfillum. Or if you want it to blend ect. The VMT is actually the rest. The texture itself is always the VTF.

Edited by Botervloot
VTF - Valve Texture File

It's the texture itself.

This is a wooden floor texture. You just make it a .tga *saves quality* and convert it to a .vtf.

It's that simple. You can just do that in Gimp, photoshop ect. You have to do this in the VTF.

The VMT produces the effects that come off it. Say, you make it "feel", and "act" like wood, you make a wooden command in the VMT. Or you want it to glow, then you add $selfillum. Or if you want it to blend ect. The VMT is actually the rest. The texture itself is always the VTF.

I dont think you get what I'm asking...

What are we supposed to do with the admin vmt & vtf files?

Why post them? :P

What interests do mappers have in the admin crossword vmt & vtf files?

(My original question was actually if only mappers need them, or if its anything we can do with them aswell as make maps)

Edited by Sacrifical
VTF - Valve Texture File

It's the texture itself.

I dont think you get what I'm asking...

What are we supposed to do with the admin vmt & vtf files?

Ask the one who made them.

Or do you want to know where to put them?

Tl;dr You don't need a vmt to use it as a spray. You don't even need it in vtf.

However if you did need a vmt. Just use vtf edit and make it auto-generate a vmt. You could then edit it to your liking.

Something like:

LightmappedGeneric

{

"$basetexture" "random crap\Errors crossword"

"$translucent" "1"

"$decal" "1"

"$decalscale" "0.250"

}