Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft Server Issues Thread

If you have a point to raise about the Minecraft server, please reply to this topic. I'll add it to the list and when a solution is found I'll make sure it's updated.

Please do not put complaints or issues in the bans and unbans topic, or create several topics for the same purpose. If you feel an urge to click that new topic button please use the search bar at the top right before going any further. Be aware I'm more likely to actively help you find an answer if you consolidate issues to this topic.

Current issues

Invisible Players

Possibly a bukkit fault as it's not isolated to our server.

Villagers

Villagers are useful for trading, but get killed very quickly. We could install a plug in that prevents players from damaging villagers, or sell villager eggs in the green coin store.

Lag

Players experiencing some gnarly lag issues. Will likely be solved by the server move with reduced slots and (hopefully) a smaller world border.

Enchanting/Brewing restrictions

Players haven't taken to the new system of enchanting and brewing. Will be reverted next map.

Decline of player base

The server's never full, many players have left. Likely a combination of factors, but with the above issues solved and hopefully some peer to peer promotion we can get it back.

Minimaps

Often people are unsure whether they can install x mod, for example mini maps. Perhaps it would be prudent to create an 'approved mods' list including things like optifine or rei's minimap.

Increase in hacking.

Recently Nodus and other famous client developers have made work arounds for antihack plug ins, this is something that will hopefully be addressed by the plug in creators but for now, record and report.

Mojang Dependant Issues

Solved Issues

/Spawn Command

Clavus, the highest authority, has said he does not want to add a /spawn command.

Nether Claiming

The nether will remain a wild west.

Ender Pearl Glitches

Pearls cannot be thrown at your feet or within 3 blocks of yourself.

Endless Ender Pearls

Greencoin trading plug in disabled, no simple fix in sight

End Portal Monopolies

Public end

Edited by awesomeo_5000

When it comes to Enderpearl glitching I'm on the fence.

It's actually very easy to make a TnT proof base, though something equally true can be said about anti-enderpearl bases to a lesser extent.

And when I say easy to build, I do mean just that. Actually obtaining the resources is harder. Look at the current faction, looters, and their sky base. Now imagine their sky base was, quite literally, just a hollow obsidian block. Then consider that the only way in is a 2x2x20 shaft (with water padding, of course) heading straight upward which can only be opened via pressure plates above. So long as a /f home command exists then invincible bases like these will exist.

However, the example I gave also stops enderpearl usage. So allow me to think of one which stops TnT but not enderpearls. And here's the catch- it's really easy.

Make a sky base (or, at least, a base with obsidian padded floors without any underground save for a drop-shaft to the mines so people can't EP up or TnT the floor beneath you) and then proceed to place a block of water at the top. watch it then flow and cover every part of your base. Your base is now protected from TnT completely. And if you're a rich faction and want some added protection you can then ALSO get obsidian padding beneath the water! Enderpearl glitching allows people to enter bases that would otherwise be impossible to enter.

At the same time, I think the abuse of enderpearls is a serious issue/bug.

Yeah that's the problem I see too. We could introduce a cooldown timer to enderpearls, only letting you use one per minute or something. Or having it so the wait time increases the more you're using them. When I was glitching it sometimes took two or three pearls to get through a wall (though others were just one).

Lots more issues added as well. I'd encourage anyone to help out and see if they can find a plug in or a resource that explains the issue and the way to fix it.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

Yeah that's the problem I see too. We could introduce a cooldown timer to enderpearls, only letting you use one per minute or something. Or having it so the wait time increases the more you're using them. When I was glitching it sometimes took two or three pearls to get through a wall (though others were just one).

Lots more issues added as well. I'd encourage anyone to help out and see if they can find a plug in or a resource that explains the issue and the way to fix it.

I'd also support more aggressive usage of enderpearls. I'd like to see the damage immediately healed after usage and a (fairly long) cooldown added. This would make base raiding more difficult, Enderpearl escaping the same as it is now, but aggressive enderpearl usage far more common. To those thinking it would make escaping more easier- it wouldn't, as you still take the damage. It's just healed so fast you won't notice. Minecraft, however, would.

As for Nether Claiming, I don't like that idea. The nether should be a dangerous wilderness where no man can overpower another. However, instantly gaining, say, a fair portion of land around a nether portal so that you can construct a base is fine. This will actually be very interesting, as nether power will correlate directly to earth power. I.e. you can claim multiple parts of the nether with multiple portals, but will need to spread out far in the overworld to do so. this could make for some very, VERY, interesting scenarios.

As for Ender Monopolies, I think anything allowing end farms should be put a stop too. One of the biggest problems in this game is enderpearls. Stopping end farms would make these a far more valuable commodity, so people will be less likely to wander outside with a good 50+ of them. I believe the owning of end portals should stay, as it creates a strategic resource point that major factions will vie over. However the rewards should be different than they are now. If I recall, the enderdragon does not respawn upon entry into the end. As such, I believe it should every single time. Not only that, but you should download the plugin to make the enderdragon much more difficult. This make it so factions actually have to gather multiple people as perform an MMO-like raid on the end. The reward being huge amounts of experience points.

If you dont have any protection 4 armour there is no way of getting into a 4 layer base

and maby you should remove the end ore something or even better remove armour and weapon enchants.

I just dont want this server ruled by one faction (BlackBird FTW) i need some competition

I'm not 100% sure if this is going to happen, but according to the snapshot for week 24, it seems to me there is going to be one ender chest inventory per player. Quote from the snapshot: "The Ender Chest has been changed to have an inventory per player and not per world. Also, knocking down the chest will break it into 8 obsidian, unless you have Silk Touch." If this means a safe, unraidable chest for each player on the server, will it be disabled? If I've understood it correctly, this would ruin raiding as everyone could just store their valuables ssafe from raiding without risking it it any way.

I think the key to solving The Ender Pearl Epidemic (trademark awesomeo_5000 2012) is to get rid of the endless supply. Hopefully when the new map is out and the amount of Prot. IV armours drops to normal levels it wont be as bad.

That's part of what I said in my post. Remove end farms -> Solve enderpearl glitching.

No no, there's an exploit that allows people to get enderpearls without getting to the end. A dupe :) I popped it in the issues as well as putting it in the admin forum. It was bought up before but seems a lot more people know about it now (everyone).

What do you think of my other suggestions then, awesomeo? C'mon, it's a discussion thread! Let's discuss stuff! (Stuff that doesn't involve my physical attraction to you <3 :P)

1- ender pearl glitches just add a greater range of things to do in the game, as long as the infini-pearl glitch is fixed pearls will become rare again and this should be ok because youll have to work for the pearls

2 - the end should stay as it is it encourages players to fight for it due to the great advantage you get,and having a monopoly over it.. sure it ight give you some great gear ( not that you cant get it without them , and of course pots ignore armor anyway ) theyll end up really needing it because of the giant target it puts on the factions head. ( and the current portal despite already changing hands a couple times if it wasnt for discords amazing tendancy and skill at logging off would have already changed hands many times again)

3 - when the ender chest comes i strongly believe it should be disables, because this is basically just 'backpack' but free or ender chest use could be enabled as a PERMANENT donor / items in the gc shop

All good ideas Frizzy, though what would be the advantage of healing faster after ender pearl use? There are always golden apples that give you regeneration to heal a bit quicker or instant health potions.

I believe the ender chest wont work on SMP anyway Jellyfish, from what I've heard. There will be a single ender chest for all the players (though this is just hearsay)

I know but if u fix the glich new people getting on there server will have an chance at living becuz lrg discord ququqbubu or mlg any of these big facs might not be able to kill them meaning more people

becuz when i first got on ender glitching wasnt a big thing and i couldent logg on becuz the server is full now most i see is 40 people and the max with out vips is 100

All good ideas Frizzy, though what would be the advantage of healing faster after ender pearl use? There are always golden apples that give you regeneration to heal a bit quicker or instant health potions.

I believe the ender chest wont work on SMP anyway Jellyfish, from what I've heard. There will be a single ender chest for all the players (though this is just hearsay)

I quote from the snapshot of week 24:

"The Ender Chest has been changed to have an inventory per player and not per world. Also, knocking down the chest will break it into 8 obsidian, unless you have Silk Touch."

If this is true, it needs to be disabled

Everyone will certainly raid with this chest, you rather lose a chest which cost 8 obsidian then an inventory full TNT.

Ender chest will also reduce people willing to buy greencoins for backpack (woho, 14days duration now)

So if ender chest will be removed it's only to get some € (since it's same function as backpack)

:wtf:

It's not increases health regeneration, it's instant health regeneration. It will completely restore all health 0.0.1 seconds after use. It just increases aggressive enderpearl usage. The only problem I see is easier base raiding. But that won't be a problem if ender-farms were impossible.

Nope, they're player-to-player.

But what's the advantage of more aggressive ender pearl usage? Just have more people running around pussying out of battles and glitching into bases without protection IV armour.

As for the chests Jeb is indecisive with what he wants to do with the SMP side of things. If anyone's tried the new snapshot you have toggle options for most things, so I don't see why he doesn't have an option to toggle chests in vanilla MC. If not, you can be assured there will be a mod to disable them.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

But what's the advantage of more aggressive ender pearl usage? Just have more people running around pussying out of battles and glitching into bases without protection IV armour.

As for the chests Jeb is indecisive with what he wants to do with the SMP side of things. If anyone's tried the new snapshot you have toggle options for most things, so I don't see why he doesn't have an option to toggle chests in vanilla MC. If not, you can be assured there will be a mod to disable them.

Escaping will be the exact same, as you will still take damage. So if you have, say, half a heart and throw it then you'll die. But if you have 7 hearts and throw one, take 2.5 hearts of damage, you'll be left with 3.5 hearts. 0.01 seconds later it will heal you back up to 7.

As for the advantages? well it will make people more willing to engage fights and will make fighting more interesting. The amount of depth added when there's the option to teleport behind your enemy and catch him off guard is massive. This is deepened further by the fact that the victim of this tactic can anticipate it and prepare. So it allows for more psychological games during PvP battles.

The only problem is that enderpearl glitching will now not take any health to perform. If this is the issues then I say remove enderpearl glitching and make base raiding easier. even if that means disabling obsidian blocks and allowing limited block placement on opposing an opposing faction's territory. I have SO MUCH bouncign about in my head and it's hard to actually put down. Would you mind getting in a voice chat some time so I can explain it better?

People can still do that now, but if that were introduced then you'd need a hell of a lot of pearls and when the dupe is patched and the map reset I dont think there will be enough to warrant any rebalancing.

Also just checking out plug ins, there's one of interest so far: bantileave which stops players leaving in combat, they have to type /logout and wait three seconds. I think this would complement combat tag well.

People can still do that now, but if that were introduced then you'd need a hell of a lot of pearls and when the dupe is patched and the map reset I dont think there will be enough to warrant any rebalancing.

Also just checking out plug ins, there's one of interest so far: bantileave which stops players leaving in combat, they have to type /logout and wait three seconds. I think this would complement combat tag well.

This would also prove useful to slowing down or killing enderpearl glitchers who log in and out to get through thick walls. :) Edited by Guest