Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft Server Issues Thread

People can still do that now, but if that were introduced then you'd need a hell of a lot of pearls and when the dupe is patched and the map reset I dont think there will be enough to warrant any rebalancing.

Also just checking out plug ins, there's one of interest so far: bantileave which stops players leaving in combat, they have to type /logout and wait three seconds. I think this would complement combat tag well.

This would also prove useful to slowing down or killing enderpearl glitchers who log in and out to get through thick walls. :)

the thing is with updates comes more glitches

How would you guys feel about removing Protection IV and III enchantments but leaving the rest in? I feel this would balance combat a bit more and stop players from having huge advantages, but still allowing some competitive use of XP.

It would also somewhat resolve the monopoly issue, because if a faction were to pull it off they wouldn't be too over powered to kill.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

How would you guys feel about removing Protection IV and III enchantments but leaving the rest in? I feel this would balance combat a bit more and stop players from having huge advantages, but still allowing some competitive use of XP.

To be honoust prot IV is a pain in the ass to get; it takes 4 times level 40 or higher.

+ prot IV breaks almost instantly.

In my opinion you can use prot IV if you're willing to nolife all day to get 160 levels and the loose your armor after 2 big fights. I was actually hoping for the increase of duration before your armor dies in the next update :V

When there's another dupe method (there has been one every update since the official release I think) it will make it less severe. The issue this map is everyone has protection IV armour and personally I think it's over powered. You can put a cactus in your anus and not take any damage.

I had a full set of protection IV armour at half strength and I won 6 on 1 against non enchanted fully diamond people. Although it was pretty wrecked after, thats an entire faction that could have been destroyed and spawn killed because of it.

When there's another dupe method (there has been one every update since the official release I think) it will make it less severe. The issue this map is everyone has protection IV armour and personally I think it's over powered. You can put a cactus in your anus and not take any damage.

I had a full set of protection IV armour at half strength and I won 6 on 1 against non enchanted fully diamond people. Although it was pretty wrecked after, thats an entire faction that could have been destroyed and spawn killed because of it.

It's true that prot IV might be overpowered. But I think what you have to do for it to get it and how fast it breaks it seems fair to me. If those six guys could've taken some good hits on you your armor would just have fallen apart and you'ld instantly die.

It would also somewhat resolve the monopoly issue, because if a faction were to pull it off they wouldn't be too over powered to kill.

I've been paying around with the snapshot and it's much MUCH easier to enchant your stuff now.

You only have to go to level 30 max and you can gain xp from mining ores, smelting stuff in furnaces.

The end grinder isn't that important no more. :)

I'll give you some numbers (I did the tests myself in past):

in 1.2.5:

killing 200 blazes or 400 zombies/skelle/spiders/enderman give you around 30 to 35 levels of xp (from 0 to 30-35)

killing 485-490 blazes or around 970-980 zombies/skelle/spiders/enderman give you 50 levels of xp (from 0 to 50)

Now in the snapshot:

- Maximum enchant level is 30 (so this is around half the amount of xp you'd have to get than to get to level 50, this is because the xp system is exponential)

- I can from level 0 to 30 by mining around 2-3 stacks of ores (iron & gold ore don't drop xp orbs, but they do when u smelt them)

- Haven't done much test with smelting stuff in furnace.

I'll smelt 10 stacks of cobble in furnaces & post to which level I'll get from level 0

EDIT: this made me go from level 0 to level 26.

So conclusion, I say: wait until 1.3 is out before you make any gameplay changing decisions (plugins, etc..), because 1.3 is gonna be gameplay changing by itself :)

Edited by syncr0

Nice information syncr0,

An easier and faster way to get experience was really needed, a "normal" mob spawner would take an entire day to get max level. (not mentioning the chance to get bad enchants as well).

This will make enchants much easier to get, smelting 10 stacks of cobble doesn't take much longer then 10minutes.

Now you can atleast waste your time building and fighting rather then waiting to get proper gear.

I love how this promotes mining & smelting. So people will be more motivated to use smooth stone (smelted cobble = xp) or stone brick (4 smooth stone) for their bases. So less ugly cobble buildings and less xp farms from spawners (so less lagg basically).

Mining is fun again, I'm enjoying it!

:)

• 2 months later...

Minecraft_2012-09-01_21-28-32.png?t=1346531524

This happens like 3 times an hour

Either get a better anti-spam plugin or recruit people to give temp bans for spamming - Because its all the shit like this which is making people leave

Not to mention its annoying as hell knowing that normal players like me get kicked 10 times an hour for saying "hi" and then people like this can just come on and spam all the fuck they want

Also, if the ability to override the no-teleport-home-with-an-enemy-close rule by being on your own territory could be removed that would be awesome. Because as of now people use that to either run out and spam potions or to escape when they are about to die. I also see no positive reason to keep this ability either..

Edited by andromachius

If you're removing prot III and IV and then sharp IV and V to compensate it's just silly.

That's like removing damage potions and instan health potions to compensate.

The both excist to balance eachother.

If you're coming up with the excuse that enchanting needs an OP end grinder or whatsoever, your argument is invalid since Jeb fixed the enchanting levels so u get full prot IV after 2 hours mining or killing skeletons from a spawner for half an hour.

I say we must try out the vanilla faction wars with no restrictions, that's the reason why we have so many players.

We're one of the few servers that has faction wars and no restrictions, of cy-ourse you can change it and you'll get different players but that number of players will be lower since there're more non vanilla server than vanilla servers out there.

I think everybody is afraid that one faction will dominate again with high level weapons. And if we had a test run with this it'll be obvious that wouldn't be the case.

Oh yea, enable enderpearls next map.

Raiding ends up in glitching true the roof and getting stuck or waiting till the oponents get out of their base to spam instant damages II.

I wrote this when I just woke up after a long night including beer, don't mind my spelling and grammar flaws.

Edited by Mathijs1996

I swear this debate is in every damn thread in this section. Just to clarify:

WE ARE MOVING TO VANILLA ENCHANTING NEXT MAP

If things don't work out we can go from there. But there's no point in wasting keystrokes on the same topic with exactly the same points and arguments being used over and over again.

The f-home restrictions are an interesting idea. Perhaps it could work a little like combat tag, where if you're in combat you can't go home. That would allow people to still get inside and gear up if they spot an ambush, but not hit and run constantly. I'll have a dig around bukkit later on and see if anything fits the bill (you're all welcome to help me :V)

Edited by awesomeo_5000

I swear this debate is in every damn thread in this section. Just to clarify:

WE ARE MOVING TO VANILLA ENCHANTING NEXT MAP

If things don't work out we can go from there. But there's no point in wasting keystrokes on the same topic with exactly the same points and arguments being used over and over again.

The f-home restrictions are an interesting idea. Perhaps it could work a little like combat tag, where if you're in combat you can't go home. That would allow people to still get inside and gear up if they spot an ambush, but not hit and run constantly. I'll have a dig around bukkit later on and see if anything fits the bill (you're all welcome to help me :V)

Do you know if the invisible players are caused by bukkit or the 1.3 update ? In either way this must be fixed as fast as possible. Since the only way you can see them is to relogg which ends in instant death.

Do you know if the invisible players are caused by bukkit or the 1.3 update ? In either way this must be fixed as fast as possible. Since the only way you can see them is to relogg which ends in instant death.

After a quick google it's not just our server, or our combination of plug ins. So I'd hazard a guess that it's bukkit. I'll add it in and look for a solution later on.

After a quick google it's not just our server, or our combination of plug ins. So I'd hazard a guess that it's bukkit. I'll add it in and look for a solution later on.

Invisibile players is incredibly deadly. Speaking out of personal experience, it is really freaking annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I have had problems with people teleporting to their home when I'm 32 blocks away in the Wilderness. Could the admins inspect this? Also I think we should remove the ability to teleport home when there is an enemy within 32 blocks even on your faction home to prevent coward fights.

Edited by dkdude7

Just tested it, you definitely can't teleport under normal conditions. In your video there's a lot of lag, basically the way the server lets each player's client know where other people are is affected. His true location, and yours (in the server's eyes) would have been enough to let him f home.

That'd have its pro's and con's. I suggested finding a way to make it so when in combat you can't f home, using the same sort of rules as combattag. But I have no coding knowledge and I can't find anything fitting the bill on bukkit. It might be worth suggesting on faction's dev page, as I imagine it'd benefit all faction servers.

• 2 weeks later...

The lag

Fix it

(it only got worse after changing providers imo)

I think players are tired of the, "Oh its stupid bukkit lagging again." The lag isn't universal between servers; I have tried several other faction wars servers, ALL of them with more people online and ALL of them with virtually no lag.