Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft Server Issues Thread

I'm sure the mobs aren't that big of an issue to be honoust,

it only causes frame drops in the chuncks around the stack of mobs but I've never experienced more lagg when I had 500 zombies being stacked or no zombies at all. You might get some lagg in the direct area of it but I'm sure it can't possibly effect the entire server that much. Adding an afk plugin will cause more players to download a client mod which makes you jump or w/e and I'm sure we're not trying to get as much persons possibly banned. I've visited a lot more servers with even more players and massive public mob spawners (more than 1000 mobs within 1 chunck) and they do NOT lag horribly outside a few chuncks from the mobs. I don't think this is a solution but more of a disadvantage, a minor of the server.

Not sure how much it lags the server, but I can recall crashing the server once when I was going to empty my zombiefarm a few maps ago. I walked from the afkroom to the zombieroom, and once I got a couple of blocks away from the zombies that had been gathering for an hour or so, the server crashed. I suppose it's the source of much of the lag as it's the server that keeps track of all the mobs and all the information about them, which demands resources. Some hundred mobs might not affect the server that much, but when you get thousands upon thousands of mobs that the server has to keep track of and deal with 20-30 times a second, that has to demand quite a bit of resources when it gets many enough of them. The tickrate aka lag on the server varies through the day, so could there be any big factors other than the amount of players and present mobs that can be heavily impacting the variation in tickrate/lag?

Edited by Arild_

Not sure how much it lags the server, but I can recall crashing the server once when I was going to empty my zombiefarm a few maps ago. I walked from the afkroom to the zombieroom, and once I got a couple of blocks away from the zombies that had been gathering for an hour or so, the server crashed. I suppose it's the source of much of the lag as it's the server that keeps track of all the mobs and all the information about them, which demands resources. Some hundred mobs might not affect the server that much, but when you get thousands upon thousands of mobs that the server has to keep track of and deal with 20-30 times a second, that has to demand quite a bit of resources when it gets many enough of them. The tickrate aka lag on the server varies through the day, so could there be any big factors other than the amount of players and present mobs that can be heavily impacting the variation in tickrate/lag?

Are you sure it wasn't your internet/client? Alot of times your client gets overloaded and it crashes

it only causes frame drops in the chuncks around the stack of mobs but I've never experienced more lagg when I had 500 zombies being stacked or no zombies at all. You might get some lagg in the direct area of it but I'm sure it can't possibly effect the entire server that much. Adding an afk plugin will cause more players to download a client mod which makes you jump or w/e and I'm sure we're not trying to get as much persons possibly banned. I've visited a lot more servers with even more players and massive public mob spawners (more than 1000 mobs within 1 chunck) and they do NOT lag horribly outside a few chuncks from the mobs. I don't think this is a solution but more of a disadvantage, a minor of the server.

It was, i walked near his base and if i came closer than 100 blocks to the spawners it started to lagg very bad.. I tnted there little house sinds it wasnt water protected and walked in, when i finally aribved at the mobs i pressed f3 and ther were 685 mobs !!!! I trew 1 health potion and i was lvl 50 in 1 time!! :D after the mobs being killed it was done with the lagg so it defenatly is cause of the mobs..

Ps: @clavus howlong does it take before you get kickd?

Srry for my english, im dutch

Edited by xDerpina

It was, i walked near his base and if i came closer than 100 blocks to the spawners it started to lagg very bad.. I tnted there little house sinds it wasnt water protected and walked in, when i finally aribved at the mobs i pressed f3 and ther were 685 mobs !!!! I trew 1 health potion and i was lvl 50 in 1 time!! :D after the mobs being killed it was done with the lagg so it defenatly is cause of the mobs..

Ps: @clavus howlong does it take before you get kickd?

Srry for my english, im dutch

I think the slight 'global' lagg we had will be caused by the 2 extra plugins now so I don't think it's that much of a difference except in the area of the mobs. We'll see what this brings to the server

Are you sure it wasn't your internet/client? Alot of times your client gets overloaded and it crashes

It was a while ago so I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that I saw on the livemap that the server had crashed.

I think one big source of lag is the exp mob farms everyone has. Today there were like 10 people on the server and with /lag, there were 2.6 ticks per second. The player Mind_storm from faction Execution had idled a ton of mobs and the area around that base lowers people's fps by a factor of about 10. The whole server was lagging; it was almost impossible to PvP, mine or do anything. After xDerpina got into his base and killed the mobs, the tick rate instantly jumped to 20 ticks/second, and the server stopped lagging immediately.

There needs to be some sort of solution, maybe a plugin that deletes all mobs once in a while.

Xderpina.... What a vclipper -_- you can't just "get into their base" when the doors are blocked... And I told mind storm not to idle for so long bc I kept lagging whist trying to build our base. :P

Could the max mobs per chunck be raised please ? I'm sure 100-200 max mobs per chunck wont do any harm.

I don't know the exact cap (30-50?) but that's even less than an avarage cave contains. Levelling became harder than it should be, and I'm sure we don't want another deflux of players due enchanting problems ...

I think one big source of lag is the exp mob farms everyone has. Today there were like 10 people on the server and with /lag, there were 2.6 ticks per second. The player Mind_storm from faction Execution had idled a ton of mobs and the area around that base lowers people's fps by a factor of about 10. The whole server was lagging; it was almost impossible to PvP, mine or do anything. After xDerpina got into his base and killed the mobs, the tick rate instantly jumped to 20 ticks/second, and the server stopped lagging immediately.

There needs to be some sort of solution, maybe a plugin that deletes all mobs once in a while.

Xderpina.... What a vclipper -_- you can't just "get into their base" when the doors are blocked... And I told mind storm not to idle for so long bc I kept lagging whist trying to build our base. :P

Thats so funny cause there wasnt even water at the little gayasfuck base, its smart that you covered it with water now cause my tnt loved to die for those mobs

Thats so funny cause there wasnt even water at the little gayasfuck base, its smart that you covered it with water now cause my tnt loved to die for those mobs

There was water. Also, no TNT was used. Nice try though. After he died, I checked and there wasn't a single hole in our little 'gayasfuck' base. Be more careful you hacker :P. someone might record.

One issue that really needs looking at is the cleanness of threads, especially the hacking reporting topic. People always respond to reports and post irrelevant things that shouldn't be there.

I think it's ridiculous that the MC admins (Awesomeo, corby, and Whimplash) can't raise warn levels and stuff. There needs to be some way that the threads can be kept clean. Even this thread is getting off topic.

Sorry if I misspelled anything I'm super tired

Edited by Nonam82

One issue that really needs looking at is the cleanness of threads, especially the hacking reporting topic. People always respond to reports and post irrelevant things that shouldn't be there.

I think it's ridiculous that the MC admins (Awesomeo, corby, and Whimplash) can't raise warn levels and stuff. There needs to be some way that the threads can be kept clean. Even this thread is getting off topic.

Sorry if I misspelled anything I'm super tired

By putting this here, you went off topic aswell. But you're 100% correct, but we've forum mods so mayby you should ask them to raise warn levels more quickly in these kind of topics, because talking about how you got into someone's base has nothing to do with server improvements.

Admins,

This is nothing but me telling you that I experienced it. I'm not looking for a ban, but I'm purely asking for increased surveillance of this faction. Bear with me.

Anyways, Angrylard and I went out to attack the faction GeneralIV (Dingo_Pvp, HaandE412), who were raiding us at the time. Both of us Had sharpness 5 swords, full protection 4 armor and for the occasion we each brought a God apple. We started to attack them. Spanbauer123 and Rlparkinson joined us. Now, we're not the best set of pvper's on the map, but we're decent. We go attack them, and corner them. Remember, two of us had eaten God apples, WITH Regen. When Dingo_Pvp was running, everytime I Ep'd over to him, I'd get hit back from his sword. Obvious Forcefield. We cornered him, he kept hitting us; obvious forcefield.

They kept throwing potions at us, not caring about FOUR people hitting them to death; it seemed like we were'nt doing any damage. I died, but luckily a faction mate got my stuff.

I went out with an invisibility potion. Dingo_Pvp was AFK. I snuck up to lava bucket him from behind; I immeadiatley was hit 2-3 times and died. Obvious forcefield.

Again, I'm not looking for a ban. I'm just generally po'ed at how unfair Pvp can be because people get away with Hacking. I'm sure many people can back me up, especially considering Dingo_Pvp's FF'ing.

Basically, watch over your server.