Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft Olympics Build Contest

Clavus

800px-Olympic_flag_transparent.svg-thumb-475x316-1690.png

Ok, done waiting for Minecraft 1.3. Starting later today, until Minecraft 1.3 is released until July 6th, 23:59 (GMT+1), the Minecraft server will run the Mr. Green Minecraft Olympics Build Contest!

The map will be reset once the contest starts. Factions will be altered to accommodate building teams (no power loss, 10 power per player, no building outside faction area, max 100 power per faction, Creative Mode for everyone).

imperial_city_arena_minecraft_by_sir_beret-d41xlls.png

GOAL

The goal? Build an arena / playground / field where players can go 1 on 1, 1 vs a team, or team vs team in a specific game (doesn't have to be symmetrical). For example, a Spleef Arena, or PvP battle ground (Sky arenas? Underground lava temple?), or ender pearl throwing match, or a redstone puzzle room. You can make up whatever game you want, as long as you clearly define the play rules and you can demonstrate it. You can make multiple arenas / playgrounds for the same game, but it'll be judged as a single entry.

2012-02-19_151522.png

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

You can only participate as part of a faction. Just create or join a faction, claim some land (you need at least 3 players in a faction to claim land!), and you're good to go.

Once you've finished a structure you can submit it in this topic.

7abef75b4f39c6c6ba704840bdc6d1cb.png

JUDGING

Judging is done by me. I will base my choices on 1) effort that went into the structure, 2) how much fun the game is.

PRIZES

1st place: 10.000 Green-Coins (total, not per member) and permanent reserved slots for all faction members.

2nd place: 5000 Green-Coins

3rd place: 2500 Green-Coins

All winning entries will be immortalized in our WorlEdit template folder and might be used for future events.

RULES

Ruining the server using your newfound Creative Mode powers will get you banned real quick.

*pops neck a few times*

Redstone based wizardy and games? It's go time!

Man, I have ideas just shooting through my head already! I could even make my...

Turbo! Pedder! I'm changing the sandstone building from the SG server to be faction war based, speak nothing of the details and meet me on the server in half and hour to an hour. We have work to do...

If possible, Turbo, get Pedder into a steam chat with us and we can talk more there. The 10k GC (and permanent reserved slots) shall be ours!

Edited by Frizzy

*pops neck a few times*

Redstone based wizardy and games? It's go time!

Man, I have ideas just shooting through my head already! I could even make my...

Turbo! Pedder! I'm changing the sandstone building from the SG server to be faction war based, speak nothing of the details and meet me on the server in half and hour to an hour. We have work to do...

If possible, Turbo, get Pedder into a steam chat with us and we can talk more there. The 10k GC (and permanent reserved slots) shall be ours!

Perfect for learning?

Frizzy, it's your chance to show how to NOT let anyone even enter the building area thanks to your force field discovery! :D

By the way, Clavus. When is the deadline?

Oh, Nevermind. Just read it wrong. Thought it will start once the 1.3 is released :V.

Won't be able to join since my 32-bit pc is a bitch with Java >.>

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Frizzy, it's your chance to show how to NOT let anyone even enter the building area thanks to your force field discovery! :D

By the way, Clavus. When is the deadline?

Oh, Nevermind. Just read it wrong. Thought it will start once the 1.3 is released :V.

Won't be able to join since my 32-bit pc is a bitch with Java >.>

Well, Phoeny kicked me from the faction and threatens anyone who invites me with a kick because I made a comment on how to improve hid redstone bridge. So do me a favour and don't show him it.

Ok because things went south pretty rapidly, I'm now enforcing the minimal-3-players-per-faction setting again (so you need 3 players before you can claim land). Since I don't want to force players to work in groups, you're now allowed to make an entry with just a subset of the members in your faction. So no longer is an entry tied to a single faction, but to 1 or more players that you list yourself.

Ok because things went south pretty rapidly, I'm now enforcing the minimal-3-players-per-faction setting again (so you need 3 players before you can claim land). Since I don't want to force players to work in groups, you're now allowed to make an entry with just a subset of the members in your faction. So no longer is an entry tied to a single faction, but to 1 or more players that you list yourself.

wait is it still poccible to be claimed if your power drops.

Factions will be altered to accommodate building teams (no power loss, 10 power per player, no building outside faction area, max 100 power per faction, Creative Mode for everyone).

Factions will be altered to accommodate building teams (no power loss, 10 power per player, no building outside faction area, max 100 power per faction, Creative Mode for everyone).

this doesnt answer my question, in fact i figured it out by myself before. and the answer is yes you can be claimed... is it perhaps possible got that to be disabled so that if you power drops ie. a member leaves you canonnot be claimed

We decided there's no point entering the contest. If we won legit people would grumble we used admin powers and we have a reserved slot as op anyway.

Instead we used world edit and beasted through our arena in one evening. That didn't stop me needing rescue from corby when it came to the curved edges though :( It's never that I don't want people playing with us, it's just that it wouldn't be fun for you. There's very little to do and no chance of a reward at the end :)

When we go on to 1.3 and build with the peaceful faction we can all hang out and build legit then :D