Mr. Green Gaming

The Fact.

marcus6x6

ill just bring the facts.

If you want players on your server you have to remove these enchanting/brewing thing.

There stupid and you know it. It was a good intention to add it but it haven't worked out. It was ment to improve pvp, but it didnt it only made people scared and bored of the server, which means less people to fight. The server have become booring and lost too many players. We didnt even got to try the enchant system in 1.3 it seemed fair for everyone. ( can be limited to sharp 3 prot 3) And also since the janitors have been working hard, it would be a shame if things were to be like this, since there isnt enough players. I loved this server. now i barely play. It has the best admins, the best setup (except for brew/enchant obviously) I know some people will not agree whit me about this and some will. But the problem stays. you wont get players until you restore the server to normal. I dont even think a map reset is required. But why cant you just make a vote about this? That would be more fair and it would show what the players really want. Im not giving up on The one and only good minecraft server.

and when i finally donated to the server, it got like this. I was planning on donating often.

anyone who plays opinion is appreciated.

btw. If any grammar mistakes, no im not a little kid. im swedish.

I don't mean noffense to anyone who likes this system. neither do i want the server to be like i want if no one else wants it that way.

Edited by Marcuserkenfjord

It has the best admins

Happy-oh-stop-it-you-l_large.png

First off, to say all the admins are ignoring it is unfair, we obviously want to be behind the server as much as possible when it tries out new things.

It's a bit different because I haven't experienced things from a PvP point of view, but I personally don't like the changes. It adds something new to the game and I think it'd be good for between-map events to stir things up a bit, but it detracts from what the server was about pre 1.2.5.

Before, it felt like vanilla minecraft with factions. The addition of enchanting and all that jazz unbalanced that simplistic play style, but our server was still maxed out. I think the main problem with this sort of set up is that it requires explanation. You need a set of rules or guidance to know wtf is going on and I hate that in a server (same thing with whitelists or building rights etc).

When I was in full MC geekery mode I'd get rage at the server, try to find other ones of a similar set up and there just wasn't any. We filled a nice niche and it worked well. I think after this map it would be worth heading back to basics, just leaving it unmolested. We also need to work on keeping the minecraft forum topic bumped and perhaps some sort of votifier system. If it turns out enchanting is still killing the game then I'd personally want to remove protection/sharpness 3+4.

Of course that's just my opinion, some people might like the current set up. And with it being summer, perhaps - god forbid - some people are just playing in the sun instead of on minecraft.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

If it turns out enchanting is still killing the game then I'd personally want to remove protection/sharpness 3+4.

Why change the mode then ? It's because of the current set up everyone is running around with prot I sharp II. I think Notch on his own made it easier to get higher levels by reducing the max level cap. Removing sharp 3/4 and prot 3/4 is just silly and wouldn't change anything unless the effort of going outside and having multiple players to enchant.

I definitely agree the brewing and enchanting system is totally detracting from server population. Maybe people want their brewing and enchanting, maybe people don't like to go through explanations, for whatever reason, it isn't working out. Hearing from people in-game, I haven't heard a single good thing about the system now, but have heard plenty of complaints. From a personal viewpoint, I think needing four people, enderpearls, and spending a lot of time running across the map is way to complicated and time-consuming just to get enchantments that are already nerfed in Minecraft 1.3. Also, the new people..... they don't know how to use that stuff, and plenty of them probably don't want a long explanation to know how to enchant.

The fact is, it seems most of the server community does not like the new system with the brewing and enchanting, and as Marcus said, taking a vote would probably be a good idea to see if people want it to stay or not. People are leaving the server, and the cause needs to be found. The more people that leave, even more people go with them. No one wants to play on a mostly-empty server. I know I find myself looking for another faction server to play on, when in 1.2.5, this was all I played, no questions asked.

If it turns out enchanting is still killing the game then I'd personally want to remove protection/sharpness 3+4.

Why change the mode then ? It's because of the current set up everyone is running around with prot I sharp II. I think Notch on his own made it easier to get higher levels by reducing the max level cap. Removing sharp 3/4 and prot 3/4 is just silly and wouldn't change anything unless the effort of going outside and having multiple players to enchant.

Notice the words if and still. Before the levelling update certain factions had all the good swords meaning there was literally nothing other players could do but get butt raped. Before that one sentence you quoted there's a whole host of suggestions and then the follow up contingency in case it's still not working.

I'd always thought we were giving the new enchant system a go before making any changes, which I think is vital.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

Alright I'll set it back to vanilla next map. Problem is that all we can do is server-side modding so explaining or improving new systems is hard. The default Minecraft chat font is a pain to read.

AAAH YEAAAH GREAT!!!

<3

when will the new map be you think? :)

Edited by Marcuserkenfjord

Itd be useful if we had a compiled, short list of what everyone thinks would be best for the server and bring back the old players, to make it easier for TC. We've been messing around with 'trying things out' for quite a while now, maybe its time to compile what everyone thinks and have a solid and popular game mode once again.

Release it as "Mr.Green, Faction Wars: 2.0" to hype people up a bit, then get the MC players to spread the word themselves

- Remove the enchanting and brewing towers

- Remove high level enchantments (on swords, no need to nerf pickaxes)

- Keep peaceful factions, but revoke peaceful status if they abuse it for raiding purposes

- Make it slightly easier to raid people? (my suggestion would be, instead of restricting power, say your power can only go X amount above your claimed land or something)

- Sort the lag out

List so far, other people change/add/discuss from that if you want

Something I'D like to see implemented is a way to get through water bases. It makes raiding too boring, since theres literally nothing you can do except either somehow get in the faction to grief it or be a hacker - its boring as fuck. Maybe a GC item that allows you to remove water in a 1 chunk radius for 30 seconds or something

Edited by Dr.Minky

- Keep peaceful factions, but revoke peaceful status if they abuse it for raiding purposes

- Make it slightly easier to raid people? (my suggestion would be, instead of restricting power, say your power can only go X amount above your claimed land or something)

- Sort the lag out

Something I'D like to see implemented is a way to get through water bases. It makes raiding too boring, since theres literally nothing you can do except either somehow get in the faction to grief it or be a hacker - its boring as fuck. Maybe a GC item that allows you to remove water in a 1 chunk radius for 30 seconds or something

Those are really the only problems that need sorting out well I think raiding atm is fine but everything else i agree with

- Sort the lag out

Why nerve the enchantments when it's a pvp server ?

I don't get it. Notch made it easier so everyone can get high level enchants now.

Easier to raid people ? Just enable enderpearls or ban watercubes.

- Sort the lag out

I don't get it. Notch made it easier so everyone can get high level enchants now.

Ban watercubes? Then you might as well ban obby cubes considering they both are resistant to tnt

- Sort the lag out

Ban watercubes? Then you might as well ban obby cubes considering they both are resistant to tnt

Or just enable pearls