Mr. Green Gaming

<10 people on at all times

Kodauer

Said it before, might as well say it again. What about removing enchantments on armour and weapons?

That would be great. Potionspamming would still be possible, but removing the good enchants would at least be way better than it is now and make PvPing against big factions possible without afking for hours to get OP enchants. After all, games are supposed to be played, not afked.

I just realised that removing prot IV would make instant damages OP, since 3 instant damages means an instant death. We really should think this true before adding something which will ruin the game even more, don't get me wrong I would love to see enchants removed, but maybe damage potions should be removed aswell ?

I was thinking of this myself, and I've been wanting potions like poison II and Insta damage II to get removed for quite some time given that the most powerful enchants gets removed as well. Instant damage does 6 hearts of damage against non-enchanted armor, so it actually takes 2 such potions to kill a player, not 3. If all or at least the most powerful combat enchants gets removed, there's probably other potions that needs to be adjusted/removed as well for balance, like strenght or poison. I've never used full prot III or IV armor before, so those potions (poison II and Harming) have always been a pain in the ass to me when the enemy chooses to use them. I suppose that goes for all other non-god-armor-users too as the usage of such potions doesn't exactly require tactics or skills.

Edited by Arild_

I thought about removing potions, but they provide a lot more gameplay and a genuine reason to head to the nether. If people aren't hiding behind such OP'ed armour combat will be easier and potions won't necessarily help as much as they do now.

I think the thing to remember is, besides the older players everyone's going to expect a server with full MC features. Removing enchanting is easy and clean - An MOTD can simply cycle saying no armour/weapon enchants. But when you start selectively removing potions it becomes a little trickier. If we were going to remove potions the only way I'd personally want to see it implemented is removing splash potions only. That way maybe people would use their gunpowder for TNT and revert back to using tnt canons instead of enderpearl glitches to gain entry to people's bases.

On that topic, you can make an extremely effective tnt canon with only 2 blocks. Rangers used the tactic almost exclusively (unless someone really pissed us off) to get entry. Just put two blocks adjacent, light the back one with a torch first and then the second a little after (length of time depending on the distance you want it to travel). Try it out in SP to get your aim and timing right so as not to waste any blocks.

I can guarantee you 95% of dungeons/spawners are found with x-ray. Especially those that miraculously decide to set up base around 4 spawners in close proximity. You can world edit out a block ID so perhaps replacing them before the map starts would help out a bit too.

I thought about removing potions, but they provide a lot more gameplay and a genuine reason to head to the nether. If people aren't hiding behind such OP'ed armour combat will be easier and potions won't necessarily help as much as they do now.

I think the thing to remember is, besides the older players everyone's going to expect a server with full MC features. Removing enchanting is easy and clean - An MOTD can simply cycle saying no armour/weapon enchants. But when you start selectively removing potions it becomes a little trickier. If we were going to remove potions the only way I'd personally want to see it implemented is removing splash potions only. That way maybe people would use their gunpowder for TNT and revert back to using tnt canons instead of enderpearl glitches to gain entry to people's bases.

On that topic, you can make an extremely effective tnt canon with only 2 blocks. Rangers used the tactic almost exclusively (unless someone really pissed us off) to get entry. Just put two blocks adjacent, light the back one with a torch first and then the second a little after (length of time depending on the distance you want it to travel). Try it out in SP to get your aim and timing right so as not to waste any blocks.

I can guarantee you 95% of dungeons/spawners are found with x-ray. Especially those that miraculously decide to set up base around 4 spawners in close proximity. You can world edit out a block ID so perhaps replacing them before the map starts would help out a bit too.

Perhaps remove any and all spawners, but keep all enchants? This would make getting xp much more harder than it is right now. People would automatically have more basic enchants versus high level enchants, as it takes AGES to get level 30 xp without a grinder.

Perhaps remove any and all spawners, but keep all enchants? This would make getting xp much more harder than it is right now. People would automatically have more basic enchants versus high level enchants, as it takes AGES to get level 30 xp without a grinder.

Nah, people could still get lv 30 without too much work through mining and smelting. It is certaintly slower than afking near some spawners and it'll probably reduce the amount of "god-gear", but not so slow that people won't be able to do it to get a few lv 30 enchants. This is at least how I'm used to do it, and it's not too slow to get to lv 30 if you're branchmining for ores at the same time. Another thing is that blaze rods will get way slower to get without spawners if you were to remove them (I think they can spawn naturally too, but ain't sure about that), but removing the spawners would make blaze rods unecessarily timeconsuming to get imo. Blazes gives twice the experience compared to the normal mobs, so just staying at a blaze spawner and farming blaze rods to get to lv 30 won't take that much time if you were to remove all spawners except the blaze ones. Also, if you're going to use the end to farm xp, there's several ways to kill a lot of endermen in a short amount of time without getting hurt back and without making a grinder, so if we're still going to keep the end public and we were to remove the spawners, that would still be a possible way to get to lv 30 quickly.

Edited by Arild_

Why won't people leave their bases to fight?

People are afraid of losing their hard earned armor and swords.

Want more people to fight?

Make it easier to cap out armor and swords

Make it easier to get diamonds

If it becomes no big deal to lose gear, then why not try fighting that guy you think is too hard to kill, yet never fought him?

If you remove enchants, then you make it harder to get diamonds, harder to mine faster, harder to swim faster, harder to dig faster etc.

If you make it harder to get and do things, less people will leave their bases

We have seen this in the last 2 attempts of brewing island and enchanting island.

Those maps had a HUGE proportion of peaceful factions.

making things harder to get isn't the answer.

Make getting diamonds easier.

Make getting XP easier.

Make getting Potions easier.

edit: I also don't understand why you don't give people like mathijs admin to organise some stuff on the server. I know you can't just give anyone admin but what is needed before you trust anyone?

Mathijs is a jerk to anyone he deems "lower" than him. He flamed me for no reason randomly in chat. Later, He came to my base one day, and proceeded to flame me more hatefully, just because I wouldn't come out and fight his protection 4 butt. I don't think I even had armor at that point, which I made clear to him. According to Mathijs, if people don't fight him with nothing on, they're a bunch of scared little kids.

I don't give a crap about this flaming/ranting, but personally I think it makes Mathijs a horrible choice for admin. An admin needs to kind/considerate and have unbiased judgement. Sure he might be nice to his 'friends,' but 95% of the players on the server aren't his 'friends.'

I agree with Kitty, I stepped out of spawn at the start of this map, and within 10 seconds, Mathijs kills me. I eventually started up a mini DIRT house as a temporary shelter; I had nothing. He came with a bunch of his buddies, creeper'd into my dirt hut, and stole everything. Yeah it's a raiding server, got it. However, It's completely hypocritical for him to even start to blame other players for turning away our player-base when he's a large factor in it.

I'm glad Mathijs records hackers and attempts to ban them. I don't know why anyone would want a bunch of v-clippers flying around. I do find it funny, however, how he treats himself like an admin.

At the same time, I don't blame people for hacking. What else are they going to do when a bunch of protection 4 guys go slaughter them the second they step out of spawn? As Kitty said, we lack a "Middle Class."

This. Couldn't have said it better.

i think that mathijs will be a great admin.

and that raiding/killing stuf that is part of faction wars, if you don't like faction wars why are you playing it?

First of all, did you even read the thread? I NEVER said I don't like it, I just said its getting dull. And sure you think he will be a great admin bc u like him but 90% don't.

Why won't people leave their bases to fight?

People are afraid of losing their hard earned armor and swords.

Want more people to fight?

Make it easier to cap out armor and swords

Make it easier to get diamonds

If it becomes no big deal to lose gear, then why not try fighting that guy you think is too hard to kill, yet never fought him?

If you remove enchants, then you make it harder to get diamonds, harder to mine faster, harder to swim faster, harder to dig faster etc.

If you make it harder to get and do things, less people will leave their bases

We have seen this in the last 2 attempts of brewing island and enchanting island.

Those maps had a HUGE proportion of peaceful factions.

making things harder to get isn't the answer.

Make getting diamonds easier.

Make getting XP easier.

Make getting Potions easier.

The problem with enchanting is not the enchants on tools, but on armor and weapons. If the enchanting on this server is going to get modified, it's likely the weapon and armor enchants that is going to either get removed or nerfed, rather than removing enchanting completly. If we don't touch the enchanting on tools, getting diamonds won't get any harder, and we also won't need to remove/modify the way spawners work because good tools are the only thing you can get from farming xp and spending a lot of extra time on the server. Potions are quite easy to get a lot of without too much effort, and I doubt they'll add the public enchanting and brewing places back again due to their unpopularity. If you want people to get out of their bases and being able to fight anyone, removing the armor and weapon enchants or just strongly nerfing them will make it much quicker for everyone to max out their gear, and therefore increasing the chances for people to actually try to defend themselves instead of just running away or hiding in their bases.

Edited by Arild_

If we remove all weapon and armour enchants, but leave looting then getting gunpowder will be easier. With more gunpowder there'd hopefully be more tnt (if people wanted to remove splash potions even more so) which would mean ender pearl glitches wouldn't be necessary for base entry.

Or just re-enable ender pearls and wait for the flux of topics complaining about their abuse.

What are people's thoughts on bow enchants? Leaving them in would still leave something to do with your XP that would help you with raids, and might be cool to get some more archery going on but equally they might get frustrating.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

If we remove all weapon and armour enchants, but leave looting then getting gunpowder will be easier. With more gunpowder there'd hopefully be more tnt (if people wanted to remove splash potions even more so) which would mean ender pearl glitches wouldn't be necessary for base entry.

Or just re-enable ender pearls and wait for the flux of topics complaining about their abuse.

What are people's thoughts on bow enchants? Leaving them in would still leave something to do with your XP that would help you with raids, and might be cool to get some more archery going on but equally they might get frustrating.

*sigh*

I love this nerfed enchant idea... but one of the main reasons I play this server is because of the purely vanilla factions experience. I've never seen any factions server without some sort of iconomy, heavy donater preference etc... Again, when we had the map with 100+ people on, were there enchant restrictions then? I wasn't playing personally, but let's go back and use the ideas that we know Worked before we start anything new. This enchant system is sounding a lot like Enchanting island/potion island imo.

List of things that need to be added:

Arena of some sort as dkdude mentioned. It is quite boring to walk across the entire map to raid someone then to find out you wasted half an hour after they just log out. An arena would be a great way to PVP quickly.

Make it easier to get exp, diamonds, and TNT. Maybe give new people a starting kit of iron tools and some food. Also add more rewards for voting in the ways listed above.

It'd be nice if a plugin was added to put a timer on teleports. Some people use these really annoying macros while on their own land to just teleport home at the touch of a button.

Ok, so the discussion is mostly about enchants. The main problem is that the gap between nob and pro becomes to great, but this wouldn't have to be(assuming the nob got resources) if once you got to LEVEL 30, YOU KNOW you will be getting at least protection 3 or sharp 3. This would make the time spent killing mobs mean something, instead of having to do it 10 times to get one decent piece of armor or sword. This would make high enchanted items more common, meaning the fear behind losing them would gradually disappear, leading to more fights. Cause if you nerf the armor and sword enchants, then you will also have to nerf potions and bows, which would be dumb. New players won't like that they can't do what they want and they are what we need. Also I think everyone would be pretty happy if 9 out of 10 times they knew they were going to receive prot 3 or prot 4. This would give everyone a shot to get on the same level in a shortened amount of time, and would make new players happy (they'll think their so lucky compared to other servers, therefore ditching them and staying). Concerning diamonds, they will always be hard to mine due to their ratio among other blocks. Not entirely sure what the ratio of diamonds to gold is, but gold seems more common, so maybe you could switch the two out. But that may encourage x raying more, so I don't know there. At least when people got the diamonds they know they won't be wasting it on a bane of arthropods V sword, which is really a downer. The pvp arena sounds kinda dumb, just because I don't think this server should be about that. I've been playing for almost a year and this server sticks out in that it keeps things simple. The player deflux is unfortunate, and I believe the only way around that is to do heavy advertising (no this doesn't mean money, just spamming a hundred servers).

Just make it so level 30 means good enchants.

Boom.

None of this is actually happening.

Sorry I should have made this clearer before. I'm admin but that doesn't entail any management of the server so everything here is just hypothetical. I'm more trying to see what the issues are here and resolve them.

Things are pretty much set up how they were before, besides the switch of machines all that's changed is Minecraft itself.

Some points that have been raised:

Arena - How would you want to see it implemented? How would it be controlled? What sort of design would you want it? Post some ideas or examples :)

Enchanting - What do you think about it?

Making XP easier to obtain - how would this help? Surely the people that play longer would have 10 sets of perfect gear instead of 1?

Diamonds - are diamonds rare now? When I was playing they'd be hard to come by until you began raiding, and the ample supply of x-rayers meant they were never a problem after the first day or two. I suppose that leads in to:

X-raying - how do you feel about the current system? It's one thing that's relatively new. Any changes you would want? One plug in I was looking at involves restricting the amount of ore an x-rayer can mine to that of a regular player. It seems good on paper but not sure how it'd perform. Their intro explains everything you need to know, check it out.

TNT - There's the tnt in the shop. I think the 2 main reasons there's less tnt are that grinders aren't as effective with the new mc updates, and that the gunpowder people do receive they use on potions instead. How would you increase TNT? I mean the ways I see it are either increasing the base drops of creepers to a minimum of 2, meaning there'd be more gunpowder but I get the feeling that'd just mean more potions. Rewarding a site vote with tnt. Or you could make tnt a rare drop from a mob. It's sad that people don't canon any more. Ruining bases was one of the major sources of fun.

Voting - How do you find servers? What sites do you use? I know when I was looking I'd only use one or two sites that were well formatted and had good search options though I can't remember what they were. How would you want to see votes implemented? Personally I think going for one or two sites will make it easier, and thus mean more people would be willing to vote. One tekkit server I played on had a reminder every now and then that said 'you've not voted on x.com, vote now to receive blah blah blah'. Being able to click the link in the window meant it was never a hassle. If we had two sites to vote on, one could net you green coins and the other could give you an item. Perhaps a diamond or TNT block, or maybe it'd be fun (if even possible) to have a random block (would be cool to randomly get a sponge or mycelium block).

Advertising - How do? I know I keep mentioning it but. The top hit when I search 'minecraft servers' will sell you a banner ad at the top of the page for $15.40. I personally don't see that as very much (around €10?) provided the audience it'd reach and the amount of players we could receive over the christmas school holidays. How well does spamming other servers work? Voting isn't going to work when we don't have a big enough player base to make an impact.

Other issues - what are they :)

For your replying convenience:

Arena -

Enchanting -

XP -

Diamonds -

X-ray -

TNT -

Voting -

Advertising -

Other Issues -

Edited by awesomeo_5000

Let's keep the server vanilla? I really hate bulky plugins and such.

1. Arena: I'm not a supporter of one. However, if there were to be one, it would be at spawn with a "/arena" type warp. Maybe a one way entrance with access from a /spawn command.

2. Armor/potions: Keep it vanilla. If it's worked before, then it'll work now.

3. TNT: add less stack amounts (ie 10-15) to the greencoins shop. Add more stuff to the greencoins shop. Add more opportunities to get free green coins. (not too easy though)

• 3 weeks later...

Arena - dont need one, just need to encourage raiding. /spawn bad idea will just encourage 'spawn hoppers'

Enchanting - i play minecraft for minecraft not some other game so it makes me sad in a way to say this but something may have to be done. the way i see it is that the problem lies with the new anvil systems it was fine before and it was fun putting the effort in to get sharp iv on a sword (which is now the max without anvil) so if anvil stopped you from combining sword and armor enchnats maybe...

armor- not sure how to fix this maybe limit it maybe not one idea is that coming next update are enchnting books which let you enchant an item with the enchant on the books so maybe a reward for voting enough times on the server (but make it only for voting not donation) could be to get one of these books with a prot 3 enchant om it or something

XP - its fine as it is now, removing spawners is no fun, although iv seen an idea although this was on a server to stop mcmmo farming but the same concept would be that you make spawner spawned mobs drop less exp than normal mobs.

stop the end being public, it gave players a greater goal, and something to fight over ( i remember spending hours a couple maps back sitting in (i think) discords base waiting for them members to uncombat log so i could ware them down more trying to claim that dam portal, it was more fun than raiding some base with an enderchest now.

Diamonds - there fine if people do put the effort in they can eventualy get enough for armor.

X-ray - its bad, it still needs to be punished not sure how

TNT - yes i agree it needs to be encouraged alot more i miss the old days of tnt cannoning, and actualy having to water your base to prevent tnt attacks. still making it remove water ect is a bad ide just means noobs bases would get destroyed more, maybe remove the thing where you cant tnt a base if their members are offline more people would carry tnt.

Voting/ Advertising - push it in every way possible, even if it means paying server list websites, add more greencoins, and as i said before maybe the enchanting book ( solves two problems with one stone)

server needs to be advertised as many spots as possible but make voting easy to do with a couple of simple links + good remwards

Other Issues - enderchests are annoying when u raid finalyl claim then realise you cant take any of the good items because there locked away in there. maybe you could use a mod that makes enderchests public like they were originaly going to be so people cant hide stuff in them and they just become a post box like they were before

pearls - need them back they make unraidable watered bases raidable.

i think combat tag actually needs some work aswell but not a priority

i liek having 3 players to claim but unless we get more players the idea just fails.

thats my input - jelly

My opinion

-Make a /fight [player name] players will be teleported into a small arena where they can fight

-disable armour enchants and dont lets people enchant swords higher than lvl 8. NOTE: dont disable enchanting tools!!!!

- make a bigger, better looking spawn.NOT TOO BIG

- enable /spawn command

- disable all potions. But keep the strenght and the speed potions and heal potions (not splashable)

- make it able to go in someone's chest. EVEN IF CLAIMED BY OTHER FACTION.

People will like this so much more.

- this is what me and oogappeltje want soo much: add the soup plugin. 1 mushroom soup will give 3.5 hearts.

And maybe dont give like money from voting but give like tnt or xp or usefull tools.

Greets xDerpina

Edited by xDerpina

My opinion

-Make a /fight [player name] players will be teleported into a small arena where they can fight

-disable armour enchants and dont lets people enchant swords higher than lvl 8. NOTE: dont disable enchanting tools!!!!

- make a bigger, better looking spawn.NOT TOO BIG

- enable /spawn command

- disable all potions. But keep the strenght and the speed potions and heal potions (not splashable)

- make it able to go in someone's chest. EVEN IF CLAIMED BY OTHER FACTION.

People will like this so much more.

- this is what me and oogappeltje want soo much: add the soup plugin. 1 mushroom soup will give 3.5 hearts.

And maybe dont give like money from voting but give like tnt or xp or usefull tools.

Greets xDerpina

if you make people able to go in someone's chest, they will just vclip into your base and take all your stuff.