Mr. Green Gaming

<10 people on at all times

Kodauer

Recently, No matter the day or hour there's never more than 10-12 people on. Half of those people are my own faction, no joke. Even Friday/Saturday nights barely reach 20 players.

What happened? I heard there was 100+ people on a couple maps ago. Even earlier this map, the server was constantly full at 35-40 people. There's really no-one to raid. It's getting really boring.

I legitly was looking at other servers to play on, when I realized this is the ONLY server with vanilla factions AND a live-map. I wasn't willing to switch.

I also noticed that the server is generally neglected and there's basically no form of advertising. The one site I found the server info on has outdated info. Oh yeah, maybe give people a second chance when you ban them. That's certainly increase the player base.

Advertising--->more players--->more donations--->$$$

People got bored of the game.

I heard alot of people left because the enchantment system made PVP shit and that was what made the server so popular.

I agree, the current enchantingsystem is redicilous. Just spend some hours more or less afking in the an xpfarm and the armor you get is way too powerful. Doing well in PvP should ideally come from partly gear, partly skills, and not mostly on having the best enchants and potions as it is now. What is the point in fighting if you have to wear out the enemies prot IV armor to kill him because he can just heal up with healing potions or escape with an enderpearl once he finally gets low on health?

Maybe it's because the server isn't funny to other players. As example: You should make a better spawn(I want to mean, not a big spawn with giant castles), at least with some funny things like parkour rooms.

And then a Starter Kit like this:

409.png361.png1 Diamond Sword

421.png235.png1 Diamond Pickaxe

433.png980.png32 Steak

445.png1134.png1 Swiftness Potion Of 8:00 Minutes)

--------178.png32 Oak Wood

And some other plugins:

(As Example)

ModRequest: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/modreq/ - People will type /modreq Someone is hacking. Help! Then an admin/moderator will have to do /check for see every single request from players. It's a bit useful

PvPTimer: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/pvptimer/ - This will prevent new players by being killed in the time that they log on for the first time. You can decide for how much time the player is protected.

Just those plugins are enough but if you want you could try to make a small shop with just like 4 things to buy, i don't know.

Edited by CodeExtreme

Well, i agree you about ModReq. But PvPTimer isn't retarded. Now i join the game for the first time, i am in the safe zone right? Yes, then if someone will invite me in some faction that i don't know any member they'll not able to kick kill me. Then if i will go around the map for make my base/faction i will not get killed :)

I think a /spawn would go well because it would provide a place where factions could PVP without being under pressure of opening there door and loads of prot 237648723594659 guys coming in and raping you.

Also we need to go advertise this server on other servers who gives if we get banned it'll grow the community - more donations - better servers.

Back when the server was crowded, many things were different. For one, I remember x raying tons of diamonds and never getting caught, because this was back when Clavus didn't have the x ray system. When everyone has diamonds then no one is afraid to fight, meaning more happy players. But now diamonds are hard to come by and you will protect them and not take as many risks. I don't even know how many people have been banned by Clavus and other admins, but that certainly was not in the best interest of the server's future. There really isn't that much trading at all, so who cares if the 'economy' got messed up. The more diamonds there are only makes it more fun for the people who take the time getting high enchants, as they will kill noobs and get rich. While the high enchants can seem unfair, it's still pretty cool when you get a sharp 4.

So basically, everyone needs to spam servers with "minecraft.nl" and stop banning people for x raying. A bunch of you do it and act like you don't, so don't say anything about it. Also half of the players today run around trying to find hackers. Give it a break man. Let them do some hacking.

Right now whenever I go out and fight, I'm using the only good armor and sword that I have, so if I lose it I won't be seeing another god sword and god armor for a while. No one takes any risks, mainly because they can't afford to lose. If they had a never ending supply then it would be different.

Imagine you own a city. If you kick everyone out of the city then you have no more people. Then it's a boring city.

Edited by kittycool321

Here's my take on things. People are wrong about where the problems lie.

The issue is not about the game. There are plenty of servers out there that have like hundreds of people on that still play faction wars Minecraft, even on school days. People still play Minecraft.

The problem is with the server and the administration. I feel like the server is not really configured to what makes the players happy. There are plugins that would really improve the server that are never looked into. also, it is the issue that the admins are pretty inactive. I have videos of hackers and now I don't even bother posting because I know they'll never get banned.

Another problem is that there should be more advertising/voting promotion for the server. All servers lose players, and more must join to keep the player popuation up. The way I found this server was that I saw it while browsing on the Minecraft Forums. Also, it's cool that you get GC for voting, but if there was more of a reward added, more people would vote, and that's what really matters. I have to say, 50 GC a day is almost nothing, and you have to go to 5 different web sites which is a bit of a hassle, especially when you have to search up the links in the forum somewhere.

The issue is not about the game. There are plenty of servers out there that have like hundreds of people on that still play faction wars Minecraft, even on school days. People still play Minecraft.

The problem is with the server and the administration. I feel like the server is not really configured to what makes the players happy. There are plugins that would really improve the server that are never looked into. also, it is the issue that the admins are pretty inactive. I have videos of hackers and now I don't even bother posting because I know they'll never get banned.

Another problem is that there should be more advertising/voting promotion for the server. All servers lose players, and more must join to keep the player popuation up. The way I found this server was that I saw it while browsing on the Minecraft Forums. Also, it's cool that you get GC for voting, but if there was more of a reward added, more people would vote, and that's what really matters. I have to say, 50 GC a day is almost nothing, and you have to go to 5 different web sites which is a bit of a hassle, especially when you have to search up the links in the forum somewhere.

More active admins would only result in more people getting banned. The only way we could keep banning people is if, like you said, we are able to replace them.

Back when the server was crowded, many things were different. For one, I remember x raying tons of diamonds and never getting caught, because this was back when Clavus didn't have the x ray system. When everyone has diamonds then no one is afraid to fight, meaning more happy players. But now diamonds are hard to come by and you will protect them and not take as many risks. I don't even know how many people have been banned by Clavus and other admins, but that certainly was not in the best interest of the server's future. There really isn't that much trading at all, so who cares if the 'economy' got messed up. The more diamonds there are only makes it more fun for the people who take the time getting high enchants, as they will kill noobs and get rich. While the high enchants can seem unfair, it's still pretty cool when you get a sharp 4.

So basically, everyone needs to spam servers with "minecraft.nl" and stop banning people for x raying. A bunch of you do it and act like you don't, so don't say anything about it. Also half of the players today run around trying to find hackers. Give it a break man. Let them do some hacking.

Right now whenever I go out and fight, I'm using the only good armor and sword that I have, so if I lose it I won't be seeing another god sword and god armor for a while. No one takes any risks, mainly because they can't afford to lose. If they had a never ending supply then it would be different.

Imagine you own a city. If you kick everyone out of the city then you have no more people. Then it's a boring city.

In other words... 'let people hack and X-ray to ruin others fun so they have more fun.' logic fail. And you admitted to X-ray? Hope you get BANNED! Lol.

:P

But yeah Kod is right, if you want to keep this server alive, we NEED to do something. Just anything in the form of advertising is really needed for this server. I myself have been thinking of finding a different server, which is kind of sad... I miss when I would have to camp the refresh button for 10min trying to see 39/40 so I could get on. I really regret thinking back then, "omgz this server needz less pe0plezz." but, if the time has come, and the server is on its ending cycle, it's been fun :) (kind of sad I care this much about minecraft but meh)

Edited by _WhiteThunder_

In other words... 'let people hack and X-ray to ruin others fun so they have more fun.' logic fail. And you admitted to X-ray? Hope you get BANNED! Lol.

All of you act like some x raying is punishable by death. So many people do it. Do you know how hard it is to actually mine diamond? And don't say 'Oh it's easy, all you do is branch mine'. It's so easy to get away with x ray in moderation. I bet everyone does it.

All of you act like some x raying is punishable by death. So many people do it. Do you know how hard it is to actually mine diamond? And don't say 'Oh it's easy, all you do is branch mine'. It's so easy to get away with x ray in moderation. I bet everyone does it.

uhh no not everyone hacks.

like me im always recording and i always show my options :)

uhh no not everyone hacks.

like me im always recording and i always show my options :)

You didn't write my name.

By the way, Clavus, with your ideas, you are losing players, it's the truth.

Another problem is that there should be more advertising

I tried to advertisive the server but it's impossible(Not really). I also tried to post something of the server on youtube and forums but i don't have nothing to add in my photos, just a little spawn then nothing. That's why players log in and then log off for a long time. They will think: "Pff, look the spawn i think it's just a simple server for friends".

Edited by CodeExtreme

Have to agree with the sentiment it's not a minecraft wide thing. It's our player base and the lack of it which is the issue here.

What plug ins?

Every report in the topic has been dealt with, if a player isn't banned then the evidence wasn't enough. Despite my schedule (and Halo) I check every day to see if there is anything that needs doing.

I agree with the voting system. I think we should aim at one or two sites - when you look at a lot of other successful servers that's what they tend to do. Rewarding votes is up to Clavus. Perhaps giving 5 levels of xp with voting would help? Though that said to make any sort of impact we'd need a much larger player base in the first place to gain momentum. You can pay a sponsorship fee to pin your server on certain sites. Not sure how much that is but it's an option.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

This server is still mostly a hobby of mine. But I don't have the time to constantly provide new content, and all community initiatives to fill up that gap seem to die as quick as they're announced. Ywa was talking about taking steps further in promotion and stuff, but I don't how far he's with that.

If you want to pay for promotions on the bigger server list sites, be prepared to shell out several hundreds of dollars.

This server is still mostly a hobby of mine. But I don't have the time to constantly provide new content, and all community initiatives to fill up that gap seem to die as quick as they're announced. Ywa was talking about taking steps further in promotion and stuff, but I don't how far he's with that.

If you want to pay for promotions on the bigger server list sites, be prepared to shell out several hundreds of dollars.

It's not about bringing in loads of new content, we just need more advertising at the least. It shouldn't take that long to list the server on a few sites (correct me if I'm wrong). I'd be willing to help anyway I can (besides funding, can't really afford it right now).

Well, I've been thinking. I agree advertising would get things up and running again....

I was looking on the mine-craft forums for faction wars servers (all of which were plugin-heavy, mO@r Donators pl0x kinds of servers) and I saw nothing of this one. Maybe invest a little money in advertising and I'm sure it'd go a long way.

I agree with multiple people on this post. Although I do HATE the HUGE spawns servers generally have, I think it should have a bit more "pizzaz." Maybe actually add a board explaining the server? Explain commands? Oh- update the live-map reference in the auto-chat. It's still showing the old map's URL.