Mr. Green Gaming

The story of your Nickname!

My last name is Turner, which is close to Turnip, which used to be my nickname back in primary school.

But back then i had a nickname just for the sake of having one. When i got into secondary school, i decided to upgrade it to Timbuk-Turnip, because i heard Timbuktu in a cartoon film thingy -a guy used it in a conversation with another guy, saying he would blow him all the way to Timbuktu (blow up with a gun or explosives, dont get excited)

I already had the 'tu' bit of timbuktu in turnip, so i put Timbuk in front of it to create Timbuk-Turnip.

It used to have that dash but some websites and forums and such dont allow the dash in usernames, so i eventually shortened it to TimbukTurnip, which i use for everything. My secondary name however is PieFinding Squirrel, but that is a different story.

Ive had TimbukTurnip for 5 years now i think, and ive had positive comments about the name on xbox live and such. Only once did it have a negative comment, back in planetside when a guy said it sounded Talibanish.

Also, i only very recently learnt what Timbuktu is from an advert on tv. Its a place in Africa =]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this name 6 years ago. I like sorsas ( that beast in my avatar is sorsa) I'm not sure why i got the name but anyway i think my friend decided that or something like that it has been too long time...I don't remember :(... I have been called sorsa / thesorsa since then. :) Everybody calls me with that name! :P

I wanted to post my story but i don't remember it.... I think i confirm this from my friends if they remember.

• 1 year later...

Damn those pancakes.

Anyways here is the story of how my name changed into what it is today:

I got into online gaming quiet late it must have been around 2003 (that's also te reason why I had no idea that valve even existed). Anyways, I had to get a name for my online games and I started using WBrules, my initials + rules. After a couple of years I started disliking that name since I felt that it showed that I had a huge ego, during that time I also got the LoZ collector edition disc for the gamecube.

At one point in majora's mask you have to get your horse, epona, and the horse girl, I think she's called Malon, says that Link kinda looks like a grasshopper.

See where I'm heading at xD

So my favorite colo(u)r is green and I started thinking about "the green grasshopper", being a huge LoZ fan and all and the different meaning of my name is

green as in rookie and grasshopper, karate kid someone?

It changed quiet a bit though, Kid Grasshopper or just Grasshopper, although Grasshopper seems to be taken everywhere.

And a couple of weeks ago I saw this House M.D. episode where they get a sick "knight" called sir ... the <insert color>, and since my name had a color it fitted pretty good xD

And that my children is why I am called The Green Grasshopper

Well I had my name for about 7 or more years and still I never met someone with a name like it. It started off in Romania when I was eating Pufuleti ( Cheese puff things without the cheese ) I belive. What I like about it is its originality and it dosnt seem like its from another language or what so ever.

I also have another spare name that I used a few times 'Logituch' from Logitech obviously but once again is original and unique. Oh and lets not forget the Natural Predator tag :V

Edited by Pufulet

Fantomican symbolizes myself in real life (quiet + invisible, lives in the night, mysterious) with the F for Fantasy, the thing I find most important. Yoshi is my favorite gamecharacter.

BlueYoshi97 is just my favorite color (or favourite colour?), + my favorite gamecharacter, + my favorite number.

I decided to change it to FantomicanYoshi because of the fact that everyone just kept thinking that 97 is the year I was born in. Foolish mortals...

I think i searched for a name for a card i created... first i thought of the name "Psalm" , it was a monster with some kind of magic book .. but i wasnt satisfyd with the name so i somehow got Xeim in ma mind.... i use this name for 8 years now

END

so wasnt that interesting ? :huh: