Mr. Green Gaming

Problem with custom car model and help with mapping :/

you can resize images from txd file or just remove them, sometimes there is unused images..

There were 4,5MB of useless images in there. Removed them and my .txd is 2,05MB :) Map total size=4,6MB

I don't understand why people put images which are not used by the game :huh:

SDK,Bob_Taylor,AleksCore thank you guys for everything :-) I can finally start adding checkpoints, jumps, etc. Expect my map soon :)

Offtopic : is there something wrong with my other map "Muscle Country Race", because it's still not uploaded (or even not downloaded)?

Edited by koragg

Hi download Puma-Markers.rar then extract to MTA San Andreas 1.4\server\mods\deathmatch\resources.

Look this video 

Thanks, it works. But how can I get Puma Markers to stay active in my map when i upload it here? (Puma-Markers.rar is not in my map folder)

I followed this tutorial.

Edited by koragg

copy this :

<<script src="Puma-Markers.lua" type="client" />

<file src="Icons/Teleport.png" />
<file src="Icons/TeleportD.png" />
<file src="Icons/SlowDown.png" />
<file src="Icons/SpeedUp.png" />
<file src="Icons/Stop.png" />
<file src="Icons/Fire.png" />
<file src="Icons/BlowUp.png" />
<file src="Icons/Jump.png" />
<file src="Icons/Flip.png" />
<file src="Icons/Reverse.png" />
<file src="Icons/Rotate.png" />
<file src="Icons/CarsFly.png" />
<file src="Icons/CarsSwim.png" />
<file src="Icons/Gravity.png" />
<file src="Icons/Magnet.png" />
<file src="Icons/Beer.png" />
<file src="Icons/Camera.png" />
<file src="Icons/FlatTires.png" />
<file src="Icons/Freeze.png" />
<file src="Icons/GameSpeed.png" />
<file src="Icons/Color.png" />
<file src="Icons/Weather.png" />
<file src="Icons/Time.png" />
<file src="Icons/Text.png" />
<file src="Icons/AntiSC.png" />

<file src="Icons/X.png" />

in meta.xml. 

Edited by EdoCadovski

copy this :

<<script src="Puma-Markers.lua" type="client" />

<file src="Icons/Teleport.png" />
<file src="Icons/TeleportD.png" />
<file src="Icons/SlowDown.png" />
<file src="Icons/SpeedUp.png" />
<file src="Icons/Stop.png" />
<file src="Icons/Fire.png" />
<file src="Icons/BlowUp.png" />
<file src="Icons/Jump.png" />
<file src="Icons/Flip.png" />
<file src="Icons/Reverse.png" />
<file src="Icons/Rotate.png" />
<file src="Icons/CarsFly.png" />
<file src="Icons/CarsSwim.png" />
<file src="Icons/Gravity.png" />
<file src="Icons/Magnet.png" />
<file src="Icons/Beer.png" />
<file src="Icons/Camera.png" />
<file src="Icons/FlatTires.png" />
<file src="Icons/Freeze.png" />
<file src="Icons/GameSpeed.png" />
<file src="Icons/Color.png" />
<file src="Icons/Weather.png" />
<file src="Icons/Time.png" />
<file src="Icons/Text.png" />
<file src="Icons/AntiSC.png" />

<file src="Icons/X.png" />

in meta.xml. 

you don't need to copy puma to your map folder and add these lines

just add this to your meta.xml

<include resource="Puma-Markers" />

Guest AleksCore

theMOROCCANguy, are you sure? This is official instruction from author click here

Useful info from Puma tho:

Number 9 - Put these files into your MAP AFTER YOU MAKE EVERYTHING IN MAPEDITOR

Why? Because when you put scriptfiles in your map and you are still testing it in mapeditor, then your PC uses scripts included in your map AND scripts in map editor! So everything is doubled. Before testing try /stop edito and /start race :)

P.S. I hate when people talking about things they don't know. I want to punch them in face. Edited by AleksCore

theMOROCCANguy, are you sure? This is official instruction from author click here

Why? Because when you put scriptfiles in your map and you are still testing it in mapeditor, then your PC uses scripts included in your map AND scripts in map editor! So everything is doubled. Before testing try /stop edito and /start race :)

P.S. I hate when people talking about things they don't know. I want to punch them in face.

The reason we do it with includes is because it uses the exact same script every time. So having 1 copy on the server instead of a copy for every map is much better.

to make it work in our server use

<include resource="Puma-Markers" />
in meta.xml.

So I just copy the include resources line in my meta.xml and I don't need the Icons folder and Puma-Markers.lua which I put in my map folder?

Use:

<include resource="map-Puma-Markers" />

in your meta, ill make sure to upload it

Edited by KaliBwoy

P.S. I hate when people talking about things they don't know. I want to punch them in face.

I would like to punch you in the face too :V

you should still copy the puma files to your map folder if you wanna upload it to another server;mrgreen has the resource in their server.

Edited by theMOROCCANguy

Update: Since the lua file is encrypted, i can't make it work for includes.

So do it the way the author intended it.

<script src="Puma-Markers.lua" type="client" /><file src="Icons/Teleport.png" /><file src="Icons/TeleportD.png" /><file src="Icons/SlowDown.png" /><file src="Icons/SpeedUp.png" /><file src="Icons/Stop.png" /><file src="Icons/Fire.png" /><file src="Icons/BlowUp.png" /><file src="Icons/Jump.png" /><file src="Icons/Flip.png" /><file src="Icons/Reverse.png" /><file src="Icons/Rotate.png" /><file src="Icons/CarsFly.png" /><file src="Icons/CarsSwim.png" /><file src="Icons/Gravity.png" /><file src="Icons/Magnet.png" /><file src="Icons/Beer.png" /><file src="Icons/Camera.png" /><file src="Icons/FlatTires.png" /><file src="Icons/Freeze.png" /><file src="Icons/GameSpeed.png" /><file src="Icons/Color.png" /><file src="Icons/Weather.png" /><file src="Icons/Time.png" /><file src="Icons/Text.png" /><file src="Icons/AntiSC.png" /><file src="Icons/X.png" />

and put the files in your map folder.

Its a shitty way to do it, but since the script is encrypted we have to use the autor's shitty way >.<

Edited by KaliBwoy

Update: Since the lua file is encrypted, i can't make it work for includes.

So do it the way the author intended it.

<script src="Puma-Markers.lua" type="client" /><file src="Icons/Teleport.png" /><file src="Icons/TeleportD.png" /><file src="Icons/SlowDown.png" /><file src="Icons/SpeedUp.png" /><file src="Icons/Stop.png" /><file src="Icons/Fire.png" /><file src="Icons/BlowUp.png" /><file src="Icons/Jump.png" /><file src="Icons/Flip.png" /><file src="Icons/Reverse.png" /><file src="Icons/Rotate.png" /><file src="Icons/CarsFly.png" /><file src="Icons/CarsSwim.png" /><file src="Icons/Gravity.png" /><file src="Icons/Magnet.png" /><file src="Icons/Beer.png" /><file src="Icons/Camera.png" /><file src="Icons/FlatTires.png" /><file src="Icons/Freeze.png" /><file src="Icons/GameSpeed.png" /><file src="Icons/Color.png" /><file src="Icons/Weather.png" /><file src="Icons/Time.png" /><file src="Icons/Text.png" /><file src="Icons/AntiSC.png" /><file src="Icons/X.png" />

and put the files in your map folder.

Its a shitty way to do it, but since the script is encrypted we have to use the autor's shitty way >.<

LOL I just deleted the files xD Good thing I made a backup of my folder :)