Mr. Green Gaming

Problem with custom car model and help with mapping :/

I know the chance is 1000000:1, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Is there any way that I can make my map more than 5MB and still be able to upload it on MrGreen, I want to load 3 more custom vehicles, but even if I delete unused images from their .txds the map size is gonna be around 20MB :/ If it's not possible, it's not - just asking here :P

PS :

Uploading:

Your maps should be tested and then uploaded via forum in a zip package with inside only your meta.xml, .map and script files. Keep your map uploads in one topic and add some screenshots or a video for new maps.

The zip file size has to be under 5MB, exceptions can be made for some maps with custom object models.

Do custom vehicles count as an exception then?^

Edited by koragg

Aleks, how can I make a car's color black? I tried your earlier script, but it's only if the player has entered the vehicle -->

function onEnterVehicle ( theVehicle, seat, jacked )
    if getElementModel ( theVehicle ) == 429 then
        setVehicleColor ( theVehicle, 0, 0, 0, 0 )
        setVehicleHeadLightColor ( theVehicle, 255, 0, 0)
    end
end
addEventHandler ( "onPlayerVehicleEnter", root, onEnterVehicle )

I wanna make a static vehicle always be black (using this mod).

Edited by koragg
Guest AleksCore

/me went mad

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/OnPlayerVehicleEnter

It means car will be black every respawn always. Every time when vehicle respawning it calls OnPlayerVehicleEnter event. Last string in my script call function onEnterVehcile every time when OnPlayerVehicleEnter triggered. Function onEnterVehicle check if vehicle ID = 429 then set vehicle color and set vehicle lights color.

Edited by AleksCore
Guest AleksCore

If script don't work, try "/debugscript 2" ingame while testing. Maybe there is syntax error.

Just checked. Script works.. I don't know what you want

If you want second color white: setVehicleColor ( theVehicle, 0, 0, 0, 255, 255, 255 )

Edited by AleksCore

I know it works, you misunderstood me. You know how you can place a car in your map without it being driven by anyone through the "Vehicle" section in Map Editor. I want to make that non-drivable vehicle always black. KARR.bmp

The white on the right car should be white so only primary colour should always be black (secondary is always white now).

Edited by koragg

I know the chance is 1000000:1, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Is there any way that I can make my map more than 5MB and still be able to upload it on MrGreen, I want to load 3 more custom vehicles, but even if I delete unused images from their .txds the map size is gonna be around 20MB :/ If it's not possible, it's not - just asking here :P

PS :

Uploading:

Your maps should be tested and then uploaded via forum in a zip package with inside only your meta.xml, .map and script files. Keep your map uploads in one topic and add some screenshots or a video for new maps.

The zip file size has to be under 5MB, exceptions can be made for some maps with custom object models.

With custom object, objects for the map itself is ment, not custom car mods.

PS :

Uploading:

PS :

Uploading:

OK, thanks. But I noticed that it says THE .ZIP FILE has to be under 5MB. Does that mean that my map folder can be larger than 5MB as long as the compressed .zip file is under 5MB?

Final result: use <include resource="Puma-Markers" /> instead of the script and all the icons

If you want to test with the resource, I uploaded it in the rules

About the 5MB, zip file

Can I use .rar or .rar5 file types when compressing or it MUST be in .zip format? (i'm asking, because .rar makes the file smaller than .zip)

Final result: use <include resource="Puma-Markers" /> instead of the script and all the icons

If you want to test with the resource, I uploaded it in the rules

About the 5MB, zip file

Can I use .rar or .rar5 file types when compressing or it MUST be in .zip format? (i'm asking, because .rar makes the file smaller than .zip)

The zip file size has to be under 5MB, exceptions can be made for some maps with custom object models, NOT custom vehicles or music.

• 1 month later...

Sooo, my map is complete, almost. One last thing I wanted to ask/confirm. I've checked in Meta Tab in Map Editor GM=false (off after 5th cp, right?). But is there a way to activate it again when the player reaches cp 27 and deactivate gm again when the player reaches cp 28?

Can I just use  <setting name="#ghostmode_checkpoint" value="27" /> to activate GhostMode and <setting name="#ghostmode_checkpoint" value="28" /> to deactivate it again?

• 4 months later...

Hi again, so I started my 2nd map and I need your help (again). I've seen in some maps a big plane with it's back side open in which players spawn. Trouble is it's not a vehicle, so I have no idea where to search for it. I'm guessing it's a normal object, but what's it called ?

Edited by MegasXLR

New question : You know how you can change cars on the move with pickups, I loaded a custom car and models load so Infernus changes into the modded car. BUT how can I make the car's color to always be black? I tried with the same script that makes the 1st car (the one with which you spawn at start) always black, but color on 2nd car still changes every time I pick up the pickup :/ I replaced the ID in the color.lua with infernus's (411), but still no go.

Edited by MegasXLR

You could try force it by script (probaly easier ways to script it, but this one I understand ^_^ )

hitme1 = createColSphere (x, y, z, radius)    function color(thisisme)    if thisisme == getLocalPlayer() then    thisismycar = getPedOccupiedVehicle(getLocalPlayer())    setVehicleColor (thisismycar, 0, 0, 0)    endendaddEventHandler("onClientColShapeHit", hitme1, color)

disable custom upgrades in map, and change car texture background color. (with TXD Workshop)

I'm gonna try this first as it sounds easier than the script :)

I added "upgrades=0" on the end of each <>/racepickup

Now how to change txd background color?

You could try force it by script (probaly easier ways to script it, but this one I understand ^_^ )

hitme1 = createColSphere (x, y, z, radius)    function color(thisisme)    if thisisme == getLocalPlayer() then    thisismycar = getPedOccupiedVehicle(getLocalPlayer())    setVehicleColor (thisismycar, 0, 0, 0)    endendaddEventHandler("onClientColShapeHit", hitme1, color)

I'm guessing I need to type something instead of those "thisisme" and "thisismycar" texts up there. "thisismycar"=infernus or it's ID, but what about the "thisisme" thing? What should I replace it with? Same goes for the "hitme1". I'm a complete noob in scripting although I read basic shit about lua :D

Edited by MegasXLR