Mr. Green Gaming

Problem with custom car model and help with mapping :/

before you put a car mod in your map be sure to check the page where you downloaded the map to see if it requires any handling script changes.

if it does, the server wont take it well.

Ye I know, this one doesn't need additional handling. But even if it does, it shouldn't have anything to do with the color not being always black.

You only have to change the x, y, z and radius from at "which point" you want the car to be black (behind the pickups on your map for example). The rest doesn't need to be changed. When driving trough the coordinates the "local car" your driving in will be colored black.

You only have to change the x, y, z and radius from at "which point" you want the car to be black (behind the pickups on your map for example). The rest doesn't need to be changed. When driving trough the coordinates the "local car" your driving in will be colored black.

I tried this and color still changes randomly on every map start when I get to the switch point. Did it client-side and server-side, both don't work.

I also tried the below script which AleksCore made for my 1st map around 6 months ago, but it still doesn't stay black. -->

function onEnterVehicle ( theVehicle, seat, jacked )

if getElementModel ( theVehicle ) == 411 then

setVehicleColor ( theVehicle, 0, 0, 0, 0 )

setVehicleHeadLightColor ( theVehicle, 255, 0, 0)

end

end

addEventHandler ( "onPlayerVehicleEnter", root, onEnterVehicle )

Can the problem be in the actual .txd and .dff files of the car's model?

Edited by MegasXLR

before you put a car mod in your map be sure to check the page where you downloaded the map to see if it requires any handling script changes.

if it does, the server wont take it well.

Ye I know, this one doesn't need additional handling. But even if it does, it shouldn't have anything to do with the color not being always black.

I said that because i didnt add handling and my car had only wheels LOL ... gta bugs can be really weird

Could be .dff, since .dff "tells" the game which textures to load, if that isn't the default MTA coloring system it might not work. I don't have any experience in car modding so no clue how to fix that.

I've attached a link to the .txd and .dff files of the car I want black. Could you try and replicate my setting (start with cheetah at spawn and later on change to infernus - replaced by files below - using a racepickup? If it doesn't work with you, I'll just give up and settle with just one car at spawn.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftigbrk4y5opcbz/Attack%20Mode.dff?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7hxymyfk9ppr3h/Attack%20Mode.txd?dl=0

Why can't I upload .txd and .dff files here :S